Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    Packing tonight, parrot to parrot-sitter tomorrow, last minute stuff, in the car and off to London on Sat.........Wheeee!!!!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Great Clarie! You are making a week of it. We will only be going down tuesday evening.

I am so nervous for our boy!

vCash
    Watching those CTV interviews, hearing how badly he wants this one, and then contrasting that with the predictions I'm reading that place him silver, bronze, or worse.....makes me a bit nervous for him too. I hope he surprises people. I wish I could will it! I am glad we are meeting, I am going to need moral support prior to the short LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Watching those CTV interviews, hearing how badly he wants this one, and then contrasting that with the predictions I'm reading that place him silver, bronze, or worse.....makes me a bit nervous for him too. I hope he surprises people. I wish I could will it! I am glad we are meeting, I am going to need moral support prior to the short LOL.
    Me too - Itry not to think of it.
    You have to remember that Yags was also retooling before the Olys and see what happened when he got there and keep the faith.

He also wants it for all of canada!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Me too - Itry not to think of it.
    You have to remember that Yags was also retooling before the Olys and see what happened when he got there and keep the faith.

He also wants it for all of canada!
    Perhaps but he won't get there with a dance teacher as his coach. He needs a real skating coach who can see what's going on with his jumps and how to fix them. He can't do it on his own and right now he is. Christy Krall had him on a schedule that worked and now he doesn't have that.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    The more the merrier, for a PC cheer session At least you don't have to make a loud fashion statement like moi. (orange coat with fur collar).
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    The more the merrier!

Thanks for being so welcoming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
    Thanks for being so welcoming.
    You're very welcome!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfanfun View Post
    I don't understand why PJ is so mean to Kevin. How come Max could beat Kevin ? IF both skate clean Kevin still win.
    Kevin Reynolds' current jump content difficulty wise is superior to Aaron's. Kevin has five quadruple jumps overall in his two programs as opposed to Max's only three and while Max tends to get higher GOEs on his jumps than Kevin does on his, he obviously can't make up for the missing third quad in the free skate that would probably also boost his PC score a little. So, yes, I agree with you, if both skate clean Kevin still wins for now.

Could Patrick raising his hands over his head before the takeoff on the 3Lutz/3T combination (beauty) be one of the changes Jeffrey made to his SP choreography?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnT46WPzK8w

A couple of funny pictures from Detroit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDp3SbjCAAAwYg4.jpg:large

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.co...0a9e28eb_7.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Kevin Reynolds' current jump content difficulty wise is superior to Aaron's. Kevin has five quadruple jumps overall in his two programs as opposed to Max's only three and while Max tends to get higher GOEs on his jumps than Kevin does on his, he obviously can't make up for the missing third quad in the free skate that would probably also boost his PC score a little. So, yes, I agree with you, if both skate clean Kevin still wins for now.

Could Patrick raising his hands over his head before the takeoff on the 3Lutz/3T combination (beauty) be one of the changes Jeffrey made to his SP choreography?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnT46WPzK8w

A couple of funny pictures from Detroit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDp3SbjCAAAwYg4.jpg:large

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.co...0a9e28eb_7.jpg
    In the first photo, it's a beautiful "white" rose between two "dark" flowers (take your choice of flower type because everything I came up kind of smacked of something I didn't mean ha).
    The second photo looks like Patrick is getting pointers on how to dance. Kaitlyn is definitely a prettier partner for Andrew.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Go Patrick,others may have given up on you and yeah it has been a struggle to stay motivated but I still BELIEVE you can repeat as champion, esp if your 3axels are back in and all your jumps, spins, footwork seq etc are working properly, then not even Fernandez with his 3 quads, or the Asian wave could catch you then...

vCash
    Well, here we are, all checked into the "Bates" motel in London.........fridge, phone, lights didn't work until we got management to fix everything. Glass shelf in bath fell in the middle of the night, scaring the living daylights out of us...........at least it's clean with no bedbugs. This comes from booking late. Main thing is we are here and looking forward to our week. Go Patrick!!!!! (and V&M ) and all the other Canuck skaters.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Well, here we are, all checked into the "Bates" motel in London.........fridge, phone, lights didn't work until we got management to fix everything. Glass shelf in bath fell in the middle of the night, scaring the living daylights out of us...........at least it's clean with no bedbugs. This comes from booking late. Main thing is we are here and looking forward to our week. Go Patrick!!!!! (and V&M ) and all the other Canuck skaters.
    Hope now all will be OK! Enjoy your time at WCH!

vCash
    Hi everyone. For my first post, I thought I'd wish all Patrick fans good wishes, steady nerves and urge all to have faith in his abilities. I thought his skating at Canadians was impressive, but it's just the FP choreography that's letting him down a bit - it seemed lacking in some way but that could just be my expectations after Nichol's programs. However, I still think he has the edge in the judges' minds and Patrick's always been able to step up when it counts at worlds. I still think it's his trophy to lose and I don't believe he'll let us down.

vCash
    Only a few more days! clarie - may I ask what the name of your hotel is? I am thinking of packing a sleeping bag et al.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    In the first photo, it's a beautiful "white" rose between two "dark" flowers (take your choice of flower type because everything I came up kind of smacked of something I didn't mean ha).
    The second photo looks like Patrick is getting pointers on how to dance. Kaitlyn is definitely a prettier partner for Andrew.
    Oh, she definitely is but how about a Kaitlyn/Patrick pairing? Because I like Patrick's posture and lines better than Andrew's in that photo. lol

PChiddy looks gorgeously presentable in this picture here, perhaps he should wear suit and tie more often.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8...af329999_b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Hi everyone. For my first post, I thought I'd wish all Patrick fans good wishes, steady nerves and urge all to have faith in his abilities. I thought his skating at Canadians was impressive, but it's just the FP choreography that's letting him down a bit - it seemed lacking in some way but that could just be my expectations after Nichol's programs. However, I still think he has the edge in the judges' minds and Patrick's always been able to step up when it counts at worlds. I still think it's his trophy to lose and I don't believe he'll let us down.
    From your lips to God's ears, blueglass.

vCash
    That's a great picture. I am heading down to see the unveiling of the light show at 9 pm, and plan to be at the first men's practice bright and early tomorrow morning. I have everything crossed that Patrick will skate well this week.

vCash
    Sorry I wasn't reporting yesterday from practice, but I forgot to charge my phone before leaving home and it died. I'm sure you've already read that Patrick didn't show up for the first practice in the alternate arena, but he came to the second one in the main rink, and he did not put a foot wrong. He skated the short cleanly, all the way through, and got a standing ovation from most of the crowd. He was smiling and happy and waving. His quads and triple axles look amazing. I don't believe I saw him miss one jump the whole practice. I am heading back down soon for dance and then men again. I am sick, unfortunately, but I am trying not to miss too many practices (definitely not mens!). I hope I am feeling better for the actual competition days.

vCash
    Take care luckiest1 see you soon.

vCash
    I watched Patrick's practise yesterday and he looked pretty good to me. I'm thinking he'll be just fine. He did a runthrough of his short and looked really great. fingers x'd. He did some quads and got a fine reception from the mostly Canadian audience of course. I didn't stay to watch the Japanese guys.

Btw, My dh and I are in 314.........far from ice but with good view.......our seats are mostly in E and G row (moving around a bit). Going to the practice rink today to watch pairs, dance.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Awaiting your reports Clarie.
    we are in 108.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast