Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    My concern is that any coffee shop near the Bud Gardens is going to be packed. Probably nowhere to sit. Also, I am bringing my mom every day, and she can't walk far. So I'd probably just suggest we meet over at the market, where we can grab a coffee or tea and then hopefully commandeer a table somewhere. I have no idea what day and time would work for everyone. Does anyone else want to suggest something?

I am quite shocked that PJ is predicting Patrick for bronze. Maybe she doesn't want to jinx him.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    My concern is that any coffee shop near the Bud Gardens is going to be packed. Probably nowhere to sit. Also, I am bringing my mom every day, and she can't walk far. So I'd probably just suggest we meet over at the market, where we can grab a coffee or tea and then hopefully commandeer a table somewhere. I have no idea what day and time would work for everyone. Does anyone else want to suggest something?

I am quite shocked that PJ is predicting Patrick for bronze. Maybe she doesn't want to jinx him.....
    Anything preferably to you is OK for me. Don't worry. It would be nice if I can say hello to you and your mom.
    As for the PJ's prediction, I'm also quite shocked. As PJ had an interview with Patrick recently, I'm afraid she sensed something from his voice and the way he talked.

But there is a good news.
    When PJ picked Patrick as a winner at any international event in this season, Patrick lost. On the other hand, when PJ picked someone else as a winner , Patrick won (that was at COR).
    So honestly I have no faith in PJ's pick.

ETA: New video from "The Hour." He is too cute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KzzsVLdfLA
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 03-06-2013 at 02:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Acting, not really, TV personality, for sure. He could be Kurt's natural heir. Is suspect he'll do something entirely different, unfortunately.
    Can't imagine Patrick being an actor. He's such an open book! Yes, I agree... kind of Kurt's natural heir. Put the two of them together, all you get is fun and laughter.

Ladies, if you haven't seen it, do not miss the video of Kevin being interviewed by two Japanese amateurs who don't know who he is, which PJ has retweeted. The tweet is about Figure Skating Fans.
    I have linked the above to the article on skating fans. OMG, I love the article regarding Canadian Spec-Skaters and their pictures. How wonderful. They are indeed such dedicated fans of figure skating and I love their pink jumpers. There should be more of such fans who genuinely enjoy and love figure skating and not just the personalities. Because if it is the personality we love, our interest with figure skating will die/fade when the individual retires. Of course there may be some we enjoy and love a bit more but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate what every individual skater brings to the ice.

ali_dorate, you must join them if you are going to the Worlds. Ladies, I think you all should start something like the Spec-Skaters. Okay, looks like I am more excited than everyone eventhough I am not attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    PJ picks Chan for bronze behind Fernandez and Hanyu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS3AtF8F8X0
    This interview is interesting esp. PJ's opinion on booing. I have had my fair share of opinion on 'the right to boo because we pay to watch' way back on the earlier thread so I shall not repeat my personal disgust on such behavior. I would like to think that figure skating fans are different from the stereotype football fans. (Sorry ladies for my rant)
    Coming back to PJ's pick on Fernandez-Hanyu-Chan, I agree with her. We all know Chan hasn't been skating well this season.

skatingfanfun, I don't think PJ is mean. She didn't really say that Max will beat Kevin. I think, imo, what she was trying to convey is that even with a not so good SP, one can still win if the LP is skated well. She is comparing the placings in SP vs LP. She did indicate that at least five men have a shot for the Worlds podium. And may I add... they all have quads!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    OMG, I love the article regarding Canadian Spec-Skaters and their pictures. How wonderful. They are indeed such dedicated fans of figure skating and I love their pink jumpers. There should be more of such fans who genuinely enjoy and love figure skating and not just the personalities. Because if it is the personality we love, our interest with figure skating will die/fade when the individual retires. Of course there may be some we enjoy and love a bit more but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate what every individual skater brings to the ice.
    I have seen them for years in their pink shirts, how interesting to read their background. I agree, I am one who gets sucked into the personalities, but I am always a fan of the sport. However, there have been a few years where no personality has grabbed me enough to motivate me to travel and spend money on attending competitions in person. I always watch on TV though. I am loving the Patrick/Virtue & Moir years right now. I don't know if I will continue to travel and attend in 2014 after Olympics if they retire.

How does 3 p.m. on Wednesday at the Red Roaster cafe in the Covent Garden Market sound to everyone? It is just inside the front doors, you can't miss it. There is a 50 minute gap between the pairs short program and the opening ceremonies that should give us enough time to meet there. Now....how will we know each other?

vCash
    You should all be tiffed in PURPLE!!!!

Kind of an inside joke as there is this one woman who has been attending comps in Canada for years and not only is she always dressed in purple, but so is her hair!!! I kid you not.

Anyway, about the colour? just poking some wistful fun at all of you.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I have seen them for years in their pink shirts, how interesting to read their background. I agree, I am one who gets sucked into the personalities, but I am always a fan of the sport. However, there have been a few years where no personality has grabbed me enough to motivate me to travel and spend money on attending competitions in person. I always watch on TV though. I am loving the Patrick/Virtue & Moir years right now. I don't know if I will continue to travel and attend in 2014 after Olympics if they retire.
    Alright, you just love them a bit more. I am sure by 2018, there will be a handful of Canadian stars to lure you back to watching figure skating live! I thought the Nats wasn't that expensive?

Now....how will we know each other?
    Wear pink jumpers!

vCash
    It's not usually the comp tickets that are expensive, it's the travel & hotel & food etc. Now, with Worlds it's the comp tickets. We are all wealthy women attending, dontcha know?

Professordeb, I have seen the purple woman too.

vCash
    I dont need to worry about wearing any special colour because my DD and myself are often the only east indians in the rink!
    But you can see our photos at miriamdcunha.smugmug.com
    Look at the Motu Mahana section and there should be a couple of pics.

We will be at the red Roaster cafe at 3. I guess all of us will be very nervy that day with Patricks skate to come so we will need to give each other moral support.

vCash
    Well I will post my birthday picture with Patrick for identification purposes:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...patrick_me.jpg

vCash
    I recently had the pleasure of meeting him. I have met some famous people who seemed like genuinely nice people before but he's a class act! It's as if none of his celebrity status has went to his head. I almost felt like if i asked him for a ride home he would have said "sure" lol. I wish him the best. Daisuke is my favorite but Patrick is just a classy but down to earth young man. I was extremely impressed. The kindness, class and sincerity i observed was really great! Also, from what i saw, I actually now believe his skating abilities are endless. I wish that i could come close to mastering anything in my life in the manner in which he's mastered his craft. To say that he's "good" would be like saying that a Rodin sculpture is "ok". The word just does not suffice.

vCash
    That's great, Lcukiest1 et. al. Will see you there. Sorry I don't have a picture to post, nor have I decided what I'm packing. I tend not to do pink, and though I've seen the purple lady too, it safe to assume i'll be in black or browndown. I've exchanged seat numbers with a few of you by PM, and also with PCfan - so we can perhaps stroll to Red Rooster together. If anyone who doesn't have my seat number would like it, just pm me.
    I'm on the same plan with my cell phone, Clarie - though I have used it a fair bit when travelling in Canada, mostly to call cabs.

vCash
    Why doesn't the delete button work? Why do I not see that it hasn't? World's lousiest proof reader?

vCash
    Only FSU moderators can delete posts. You can use the "Edit Post" button to edit/correct/add to/delete text from your posts for 24 hours.

arakwafan2006, glad to hear you had a positive encounter with Patrick!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks Sylvia, I wasn't trying to delete the post, just the typos. For some reason, my normal touch on the keyboard fails. I have to pound Cap lock. It's really, really difficult when PM-ing. The cursor seems to jump erratically.

vCash
    Thank you so much, luckiest1!
    Looking forward to seeing all of you. I'll go with a hat on.

Did you guys read this?
    "Five favorite things with Max Aaron"
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Icenetwork.com: What was your favorite birthday present this year?
    Aaron: I think it must be the suit I got that my parents helped me pay for. I was ecstatic because I needed a suit really badly. I got made fun of a lot for not wearing a suit. I was wearing Patrick [Chan]'s dress pants for the Four Continents banquet. He said to grab anything I needed. He has quite the style -- I usually go to him for fashion advice.
    Thank you for the compliment, Aaron! But I don't think Patrick is an appropriate person to ask for fashion advice.

Anyway I'm glad Patrick and Aaron have been getting on with each other in Colorado.
    See how Patrick was delighted at Aaron's winning t the 2013 U.S. Championships.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

vCash
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-07-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Hope you all don't mind if I tag along, because Wednesday sounds great. I'll be easy to spot since I'm not the typical skating fan, being someone of color, I usually stick out like a sore thumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
    Hope you all don't mind if I tag along, because Wednesday sounds great. I'll be easy to spot since I'm not the typical skating fan, being someone of color, I usually stick out like a sore thumb.
    The more the merrier, for a PC cheer session At least you don't have to make a loud fashion statement like moi. (orange coat with fur collar).
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    The more the merrier!

ETA clarie, jinx!

vCash
    Well I will post my birthday picture with Patrick for identification purposes:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...patrick_me.jpg
    Oh luckiest1, now I know how you look like. (BTW...Hi Luckiest1 mum. Nice 'virtual' meeting you!) I see three very nice and friendly people with great smiles! luckiest1, my birthday is this weekend and I hope that Patrick can give us our best post birthday gifts ...you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    I dont need to worry about wearing any special colour because my DD and myself are often the only east indians in the rink!
    Quote Originally Posted by PCFan
    I'll be easy to spot since I'm not the typical skating fan, being someone of color, I usually stick out like a sore thumb.
    Emdee and PCFan, don't assume you are going to be the only East Indians and sore thumbs in the crowd. If you are not, luckiest1, clarie, corianna and ali dorate may have a hard time looking out for both of you. Clarie, are you very sure that you are going to be only couple in orange and fur? I think it's safer, like profdeb has suggested to wear purple and purple coloured hair... ok let's be a bit more original .... maybe a hot pink or yellow scarf!

Quote Originally Posted by ali dorate
    But I don't think Patrick is an appropriate person to ask for fashion advice
    I am sure he's been getting tips from Tess.

So glad you all are making an effort to meet up. I always find it more interesting to have group of friends/fans with shared interest watching exciting events like Worlds. Spread the anxiety, excitement and most of all .. joy!

Off on the plane in 5 hours time. But still hope to be able to log on wifi to share your excitement. Way to go ladies .. Luckiest-Corianna-Alidorate-Clarie-PCFan-Emdee

L - loving
    C - confident
    A - and
    C - colourful
    P - Patrick
    E - everyday

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast