Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Sorry you can't make it professordeb. There are people selling individual events in the ticket sales thread if you decide otherwise....what events are you looking for?

vCash
    Hello Professor Deb- In case you are interested, i think the tour groups release their seats today or tomorrow, as this was the cut off date for up grading and new bookings. There might be good seats for single events available tomorrow. I agree about the comforts of home, but there's nothing that quite matches the excitement of live.

vCash
    I was looking for ones that were earlier in the day so I could just drive there and back again while it was still somewhat light out (I live about a 70 minute drive from the arena). The sheet I had written them down on has now been put out for recycling.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    profdeb, if you have the time, why not try volunteering at the Worlds? This will allow you the chance to see the competitors up close and depending on what duties you may be allocated, you may even get to watch all the events? What a waste ... so close and yet so far. At least you don't have to spend on accommodation and flights. profdeb, I am sure you can find a way to watch without incurring a big dent in your piggy.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I have a friend who is selling ladies & pairs short (early in the day Wed/Thurs) because she has to work until 4 those days. She has not posted them in any forum as of yet. Let me know if you are interested and I can get in touch with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    profdeb, if you have the time, why not try volunteering at the Worlds? This will allow you the chance to see the competitors up close and depending on what duties you may be allocated, you may even get to watch all the events? What a waste ... so close and yet so far. At least you don't have to spend on accommodation and flights. profdeb, I am sure you can find a way to watch without incurring a big dent in your piggy.
    Volunteering could be a problem as I already volunteer with two hockey clubs -- one of which starts playoffs this week and another that will begin at the end of Feb. I'm also a volunteer and sit on the Executive for our jr b lacrosse team which sees me wearing a lot of hats under the guise of computer guru/game day co-ordinator. Add in being chauffeur for son and a mom in long term care who is having some problems ... taking on anything more at this point might just be too much. I don't really want to go down that path again -- over doing and not enough "me" time. It would send me back to the doc and I'm afraid he'd put me back on some meds again. As much as volunteering sounds like a good idea, I think I will have to pass but I would like to thank you for your suggestion.

luckiest1 -- do you have any idea of how much she might be asking for those tickets and where the seat is located in the arena? There is a slim chance I might be able to fit that part of the comp in my schedule ... maybe ... perhaps.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I believe she just wants face value for the tickets and they are in the lower bowl, not sure of the specifics but I think maybe row E or F? Good seats for sure. I will get exact details and PM you.

vCash
    Patrick just tweeted that his interview with Mansbridge will be on tonight's National.

vCash
    Thanks Corianna, I was just coming on to post that. Hope it is a good interview and not just the usual.

vCash
    I believe his interview with Strombo is the 7th.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    ^^^ Thanks for the heads-up Corianna, I was wondering when these interviews would air. Here's a sneak peak of Patrick's National interview. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2331962586

Here's another interview of Patrick discussing his thoughts on his 6th national win. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2327696506. He really wants to win Worlds and I hope he pulls it off convincingly.

vCash
    As do all on this site, for certain. I'm going to need a pocket full of chill pills in London.

vCash
    Oh great, I was wondering when the Strombo interview would be on, and thought maybe I'd missed it. There is also a one-on-one to be aired this weekend on CBC (as mentioned on the National last night). I thought it was a good interview, and I LOLed about hockey and his poor mom. Thank God she decided on figure skating (at least for our sakes!)

vCash
    I so agree, Luckiest1. Strombo's shows are availaible on the CBC website the next day, btw, and seem to stay up forever. I haven't been to London in quite a few years, though at one time I lived up Highway 4 and was there frequently. Is Garlic's still open?

vCash
    Yes, it is. I haven't been there in years but I pass it every day.

vCash
    Thanks. I'll definitly make time for a visit there.
    BTW, the ISU training video on how to score Transitions is now up on Sequins On Ice. Very informative, and lovely examples,- Elvis, Jeff, Jeremy, Johnny (who doesn't fare well) and T and S, M and C. The site had Skating Skills and Choreo a while ago. I'm not sure if they're still accessible, but this one is worth a watch.
    Everyone who genuinely doesn't understand the scores skaters receive for components, and would like to, should take a look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Thanks. I'll definitly make time for a visit there.
    BTW, the ISU training video on how to score Transitions is now up on Sequins On Ice. Very informative, and lovely examples,- Elvis, Jeff, Jeremy, Johnny (who doesn't fare well) and T and S, M and C. The site had Skating Skills and Choreo a while ago. I'm not sure if they're still accessible, but this one is worth a watch.
    Everyone who genuinely doesn't understand the scores skaters receive for components, and would like to, should take a look.
    I am not familiar with Sequins on Ice but I think the ISU videos on what people should be looking at when assessing program components are also available on Youtube where I actually found them - just by accident, I have to say - some time last year. Elvis doesn't fare well either in one of those videos because of his lack of body movement transitions as opposed to Lambiel for instance.

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/ic...and-tears.html Some of you might be interested in watching this
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    A friend just forwarded me this link: http://www.whiteoaksmall.ca/index.asp
    Patrick will be in the White Oaks Mall here in "fake" London on Feb 16 from 1 - 3 p.m. and also will be at the Dragon Gala that evening.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Patrick Chan @Pchiddy
    One year t'ill Sochi! To mark the occasion, watch my interview with George Stroumboulopoulos tonight on CBC at 7pm ET and 1130pm ET.

The show can be viewed online the following morning here http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/

Preview clip http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/mobile-vid...-of-glory.html

What some people see as a flaw - Patrick's candor, I view as an asset, it makes him a great interview. Patrick looks so handsome and comfortable in his own skin, it's very appealing.
    Last edited by PCFan; 02-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast