Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

vCash
    Ah.. that ali dorate. Thanks.

I am not shocked. It is true that there are people who complained about Chanflation (particularly the haters) and these people are now jumping for joy that he didn't win and was beaten. But Patrick must know how to differentiate between the sincere and hypocritical critics. This is part of growing up and learning about the real world and people. I will listen to those who are sincere and stick my middle finger at those hypocrites. (Alright Patrick, don't listen to me. I can stick my middle finger but you cannot do it.... yet).

Emdee will tell us whether Patrick will show off Dean's hat program this weekend.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Well, when you have a moron Phil Hersh punching chanflation in his tweets with such hates, what can you expect from others?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Well, when you have a moron Phil Hersh punching chanflation in his tweets with such hates, what can you expect from others?
    When Chan is not competing anymore, someone can take over this honour .. maybe Hanyuflation or Chenflation or Brownflation or Lipnistkayaflation, There will definitely be someone who will take over the Flation-ship. I am sure Rosie can tweet as well as Hersh.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate;3767866R
    (Still I'm not sure if it's good for Patrick to win 2013 Worlds. Heading into Olympic as a three time World Champion is too much pressure to bear. Having strong competitions and sharing the pressure with them would be a favorable condition.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I agree. He absolutely does not want to peak in 2013 and needs to hold something back for Sochi.
    I disagree. Should Patrick continue to lose to his rivals, he'll no longer have that mental edge over them. I think it is particularly important for Patrick to re-assert himself as the one to beat in Sochi with a convincing win at the 2013 Worlds; just in case anyone forgot who's number one. Especially, with worlds being in his own backyard, I feel that it would be a devastating blow to Patrick's ego/confidence if he lost at home. I would rather him deal with the pressure of being a 3 time WC, than the constant barrage of media suggesting that Patrick has lost his edge and is now beatable leading up to Sochi. Losing can become a habit and I don't want Patrick to get too comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I remember he did. Should Patrick not add another quad or a second 3A to his LP, he would know that he would need to skate cleanly each time he competed with skaters who have more difficult jump content than he does and that would constantly put extra pressure on him IMO.

Patrick's jump content has stagnated a bit and as a result his competitors have surpassed him in BV which leaves him in the untenable position of having to always skate clean or hope for others to falter. That is not a champion's mindset; so I hope Patrick leads the way once again and rises to the next level technically which he's fully capable of doing.

I usually don't have a problem with Patrick's comments, but the Oda mention below was uncalled for.

"Looking at the program, there were a lot of good things: the triple Axel, the triple loop," Chan said. "Then I did kind of do an extra combo. I know not to do it again. It's a learning experience. I pulled a Nobunari (referring to Nobunari Oda, who has often been penalized for too many combinations)."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PCFan View Post

I usually don't have a problem with Patrick's comments, but the Oda mention below was uncalled for.
    I can't believe he said that even though I'm sure Oda is totally aware of his reputation(poor kid) and I admit that was the first thing I thought 'Chan pulled a Nobunari'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I can't believe he said that even though I'm sure Oda is totally aware of his reputation(poor kid) and I admit that was the first thing I thought 'Chan pulled a Nobunari'
    Maybe it's become a standard term in FS circles. The Rippon lutz has entered the FS mindset, so it would not surprise me if Nobunari has as well.

vCash
    More context for his remark is in Rosie DiManno's column about Patrick's FS:
    Chan, despite all these years as an elite competitor, apparently don’t count good. He cracked wise: “I pulled a Nobunari.’’

That’s an inside-skating joke, a reference to Japanese skater Nobunari Oda, who was (is) notorious for doing too many combinations in all his routines. (“He can’t count to three,’’ snarked a veteran figure skating reporter.) But the self-deprecating zing had the huge Japanese media contingent here practically rolling in the aisles.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Maybe it's become a standard term in FS circles. The Rippon lutz has entered the FS mindset, so it would not surprise me if Nobunari has as well.
    I recall some commentators said of Chan last year when he crashed into the boards that he pulled a Midori and one reporter even asked Patrick if he knew his mistake in that competition was commonly named a Midori. I honestly don't see any disrespect to Nobunari in Patrick's remark, pulling a Midori or a Nobunari or zayaking, all this has become a part of the figure skating jargon with no offense meant to the respective skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
    Patrick's jump content has stagnated a bit and as a result his competitors have surpassed him in BV which leaves him in the untenable position of having to always skate clean or hope for others to falter. That is not a champion's mindset; so I hope Patrick leads the way once again and rises to the next level technically which he's fully capable of doing.
    I have no doubt in my mind that he is. Patrick would definitely need a third quad in his long program and I would personally opt for a 4F or a 4Lz. I don't remember the base value of any of these two jumps but I am pretty sure he would rack up a lot of points if he were able to fully rotate the jump, even if he fell on the landing. Unless he would want to go back to the 3A/3T combination and try to make it consistent. But I don't think he would though.

If memory serves, this was Patrick's only successful 3A/3T ever, wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqmM...tailpage#t=62s

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    ^^^Sylvia, thank you for the full context, I should have known better. Next time I'll read the article myself, rather than rely on someone's selective editing.
    Last edited by PCFan; 12-11-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Rehearsing for the first Celebration On Ice show in Stratford, ON.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

vCash
    Thanks luckiest1. These four men look great and they have their own unique skills to show off.

Oh well, next time someone make silly falls, we can tell the skater, 'he pulled a Chan'. I don't think Chan mind as he had admitted he made silly falls occasionally.

vCash
    Well, there certainly would'nt be such an uproar about it if that were the case as there seems to be a double standard with anything to do with Patrick.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Here is Patrick and his beautiful flowing edges at Celebration on Ice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yfeTaCZskg

vCash
    Thanks for posting that video, please post more if you find them!

vCash
    Skate Canada skaters and Patrick wishing everyone Happy Holidays.

I wish Patrick fans here and Patrick himself Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas and Wonderful New Year, too.

vCash
    Found this old interview of Patrick when he was 17. He hasn't won his first Nationals yet. And yes at that time, he was already talking about the quads.

vCash
    Thanks! That was a fun read!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Skate Canada skaters and Patrick wishing everyone Happy Holidays.

I wish Patrick fans here and Patrick himself Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas and Wonderful New Year, too.
    A wonderful Christmas and a great New Year to you too.

Some more pictures from Celebration on Ice.

Is Patrick's new exhibition routine a recycling of Kulik's similar number or a recycling of Kurt's red hat program?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8218/8...49638e3d_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8214/8...4fa0c229_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359/8...baefde96_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8...1d5740b7_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seanmck...7632262147369/

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...74987524_o.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-Xr59PCUAA4ofT.jpg:large

vCash
    Have a Merry Christmas everyone....and a safe holiday season
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Some more pictures from Celebration on Ice.
    Is Patrick's new exhibition routine a recycling of Kulik's similar number or a recycling of Kurt's red hat program?
    Thanks VarBar. I hope Patrick's new EX is different from Kulik's and Kurt's hat program. I also hope Patrick will get a new costume for this hat program. IMO, I didn't like this costume.
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8352/8...1d5740b7_b.jpg
    I love this pix. The four Champs and they all look great and such wonderful comradeship. Would be nice if this is a poster with the Champs' autographs.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast