Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ali_dorate, thanks for your post, good to hear Patrick's jumps are still there, just not in the programme yet. Hope he'll work out the kinks when SC comes.

vCash
    I dont know much about La Boheme musics, but it starts with light moods then went to the romantic theme and ended with darker tone. Anti climatic moods in the last 30 seconds.
    He had some stiff landings in the warmup. 3A was much improved though.

Even though he experoenced a meltdown, I was so impressed with his deep edgeworks andthe first step sequence. He draws a deep curve in the preparation of the 1st quad and it was damn gorgeous. I never thought anyone actually get speed with that deep edge.
    I am generally not a fan of wilson program but the program was actually better than my expectation. but the program looks really difficult and i don't expect him bring out the program fully. One can only hope and I realy hope so, this program definitely has potential.

sorry for the broken words and all the misspelling; i blame my cellphone

vCash
    ^^ You are ever sooo sweet vigiliae in responding quickly and being so positive and encouraging so that this 'old Spiky mama' can sleep better tonight.
    Hopefully, with some feedback, the music can be improved or is it too late?

vCash
    I think the tone of music follows storyline of the opera so i would not expect any changes afterwards. And it is not THAT bad- definitely not an ear-bleeding
    I have no idea when the broadcasting scheduled but hope the vid will be available soob. Want to watch once more and want to hear opinions in this thread as well.

Now waiting for COI at the cheapest sheet! Have a good night spikydurian

vCash
    Vigiliae, thanks so much for your report. Poor Patrick. Its a long time since he has had a real meltdown. Hope he is not injured. Its early in the season yet and I am sure he will find his comfort level. He is never prepared too early. If he is to have an off day its the right day to have it!

Its just amazing that others are so well prepared. It is the year before the Olys so all need to get a headstart.
    Last edited by Emdee; 10-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    No new ex from patrick, he did coldplay ex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ^^ You are ever sooo sweet vigiliae in responding quickly and being so positive and encouraging so that this 'old Spiky mama' can sleep better tonight.
    Lucky me that I saw the JO results in the morning after a good night sleep, would I have seen them before going to bed, Patrick's score would have given me nightmares. I got used to Patrick not being an early season skater but I really wasn't expecting such a meltdown from him. He must be heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by vigiliae View Post
    Want to watch once more and want to hear opinions in this thread as well.
    Not sure I want to see Chan's skate this time.

Thanks ali_dorate and vigiliae. Did you like his new costume for La Boheme?

vCash
    I'm not really worried (unless he's battling an injury). His programs take lots of time to develop because of the difficulty and the transitions into jumps. I think that with the added pressure of competing, it probably disrupts his internal timing. A good experience for him to put that behind him and work to smooth out those issues.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

Lightbulb

I'm sorry if my comment about the music made you anxious.

I don't like the music cut because there are many scene changes, at least four.
    Of course the original opera "La Boheme" is kinda mixture of comedy and tragedy, which I love so much. So in a way this program shows us the whole story of this love story. But the mood of the music changes so quick that I can't indulege in the music.

In "La Boheme" each character has his/her main theme. And Rodolfo, the poet, has the most beautiful theme of all. But we can't hear his theme. That's a bit pity because Patrick is supposed to portray his role.

But it's not a big problem. The most important thing; this program suits Patrick very well.
    As I said, it will definitely develop. It may take time though.

Oh yeah, the costume! I simply love it!! Very romantic.

Patrick showed us his usual smile at the COI. That smile is so precious.
    Thank you so much Patrick for coming all the way to show us the very new program!
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 10-07-2012 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Again, thanks to ali_dorate and vigiliae for the first hand recount, glad to know Patrick was smiling at the COI and not affected by the competition.

vCash
    Again, thanks to ali_dorate and vigiliae for the first hand recount, glad to know Patrick was smiling at the COI and not affected by the competition.
    My thanks to them both too!

vCash
    Me too.......thanks so much. I'm sure he'll do much better later in the season.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by [B
    ai dorate[/B]]I'm sorry if my comment about the music made you anxious.
    Oh no ali dorate. Don’t be sorry. It’s good to hear sincere and constructive opinions. My maternal instincts and being a Patrick fan put me in anxious mood with his disastrous skate in JO.

I don't like the music cut because there are many scene changes, at least four.
    Of course the original opera "La Boheme" is kinda mixture of comedy and tragedy, which I love so much. So in a way this program shows us the whole story of this live story. But the mood of the music changes so quick that I can't indulege in the music.
    I see your point. I was also wondering how they could put the 3-4(?) pieces of music together as they were written separately for different scenes. Each piece is so different too. I thought it will be a challenge to synthesize these few pieces of music IMO. Can’t wait to see the vid to check it out myself.
    Which one was it? The blue one with lace or the white and blue piece? Hmm… I guess the blue lace piece?

Patrick showed us his usual smile at the COI. That smile is so precious.
    Makes me happy too that he was able to put his disastrous skate behind him and share his usual happy smile.

Quote Originally Posted by vigiliae
    No new ex from patrick, he did coldplay
    Aw… His hat piece with Chris Dean is probably still in progress. Probably will only be unveiled at Worlds or maybe Canadian Nationals?
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Not sure I want to see Chan's skate this time
    Now we know what to expect, it’s easier to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarie
    I'm sure he'll do much better later in the season.
    Me too. He’s a trained athlete and so long he understands himself and what he needs to achieve his goal. This is a big season for him … two new programs (or maybe 1 ½), changes in coaches and choreographers, and change in training regime (as in spending more time in Toronto). I still believe if he wants to try new things, now is the time to stretch it (assuming that he is likely to retire to study full time after Sochi). Come next season, it should be full on concentration and training towards Sochi. I don’t want him to risk injury between now and Sochi so a well paced training program to peak in 2014 is vital IMO.

vCash
    http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...on-chute.shtml

« En arrivant ici, j'étais extrêmement motivé. Mais quand j'ai sauté sur la glace, je ne me suis pas senti très bien, a dit l'Ontarien de 21 ans. Ça fait partie des jours sans où les mauvaises choses s'enchaînent et où on se sent impuissant. »
    "I was extremely motivated when I got here. But when I stepped onto the ice, I didn't feel very well, said the 21-year old from Ontario. It's one of those days when you just go through a chain of bad things and you just feel powerless."

I agree, ali_dorate.

http://spo.c.yimg.jp/im_siggTXs.15ZX...g_chan0606.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Now we know what to expect, it’s easier to watch.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the first hand reports. As much as I don't really want to see Patrick's meltdown, I am dying to see his new program. As long he is not injured, that is my only concern. Sounds like he is ok.

vCash
    Patrick had an interview yesterday after the JO.
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...pnavi-spo.html

The article is written in Japanese and it's awkward to translate it into English because Patrick's original comment was made in English.
    So please keep in mind that it's not what Patrick said but just a rough translation from what Japanese article delivers.

To be honest, I’m disappointed with my performance today.
    (Before I came here) During the practices I had got a boost and I felt I came here with better condition compare to the JO last year. I had put through the program and was highly motivated. So I was ready. But when I stood on the ice today, I felt somehow weird. I felt I was not riding on the ice well. In fact I couldn’t skate as intended.
    I think this kind of experience is necessary, so it’s good that I had this today. Daisuke did quite well. I’m glad he got the best score.

Besides the coaching change, I also changed the choreographer to David Wilson from Lori Nichol who had worked with me for five years. So I’ve been struggling to get used to this change. As I had worked with the same choreographer for five long years, this sudden change forced me to change the rhythm and my comfortable style of skating as well. So all these anxiety factors blew out and as a result, it affected my performance today.

Because I’m not the type of person who can easily accept changes, I want to take my step further by consulting with various people including judges as to what happened today.
    Although there are some parts that I feel uncomfortable, or rather have not accepted yet, I’m certain that the coaching change is good for me.
    The practice policy of Kathy helps me to raise motivation and she understands how I feel.

I had a lot of changes and I must admit that the result today shows that I have not adapted well these changes. But anyway it good that this happened today.
    I’ll pull together so that I’ll have a good performance.

My free program this year is "La Boheme." It took time for the selection of the music. This is a typical opera. So the music is dramatic and sad. I decided to pick this music because I want to challenge myself to a completely different style from last year. As I wanted to challenge something which is true to my own self and yet at the same time new to me, I decided to take a risk. I think this program is well choreographed to describe the story.

The goal of this season is not a performance like I did here today. I’ll work out the program putting two 4T. I believe my best 4T so far is the one I did when I won at the Moscow Worlds(2011) . I have not done that 4T. Of course my goal is to defend my title of world Championships. But to achieve that goal, I have to get good results in GPS.

What happened today is like a big obstacle in the road. However, I’m looking forward to the season ahead. As I fell down by hitting that wall today, I felt like I could wake up and motivated. So it’s good.
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 10-07-2012 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    ^ Thanks for your translation, ali_dorate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxA34ZU3XGk

Finally we can see new Patrick!!
    It was a disaster, but I really love this program!

vCash
    I actually LOL when he fell the fourth time. But the programme itself is great despite the falls, I can't wait to see Patrick skates it to its full potential.

ali_dorate, thanks so much for translating the interview.

vCash
    I have to say Patrick has the best LP among all the others' for the new season, and he interpreted it so emotionally. This is really a BIG surprise. He is going to change people's minds about his ability of artistic expressions. I'm very appreciated his courage to make the change, though it will cost him a lot. Hope he can clean it up during the season ,and I'm sure this will become a classic programme.

vCash
    I'm starting to wonder what would happen if Patrick goes squeeky clean.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast