Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    From icenetwork:

Aaron, who trains in Colorado Springs under Tom Zakrajsek, has been working with two-time world champion Patrick Chan and Chan's coach, modern dance expert Kathy Johnson, on his balance and movement.

"I'm very excited [Patrick] let me work in his camp because he's really strict on who goes in and who goes out," Aaron said. "He is a great supporter, and I've learned a lot from him. There is a great bond going between us. I'm also fairly close with his coach, and it's a lot of fun to work with him on the ice and off the ice.

According to Aaron, Chan's talents extend well beyond skating.

"He's a great modern dancer. I've seen a performance that he showed and I think he can move like no one's business. He makes it look so easy, and it translates and correlates to what he does on the ice. It's amazing to watch him and learn from the best."
    Article link is: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    They were overwhelmed by his skate and thought it was the skate of a champion/king!

Q: What is Patrick's weakness? (What should Patrick improve?)
    A: Nothing.
    However, Patrick himself claims he still has a lot to improve
    Which one of them should we believe, David or Patrick?

Thanks emdee and vigiliae.

Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Proustable, thanks for bringing this over. It's obvious Patrick is a great person to train with, we've heard it from Joshua Farris and now Max Aaron.
    You can see it in his smile. I'm sure there's things Patrick too has learned from Max, not just Aaron from Chan. I do think that being training mates and buddies is benefitting both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    I think Team Japan is as strong if not stronger than Team NA. Don't think Team Japan will be easy to beat. Anyway, looking forward to JO with the great list of figures skaters involved.
    As a European, I should normally be rooting for Team Europe but I've never had any favorite team at any team event in figure skating, just favorite skaters. And there's quite a few in the JO line-up that I enjoy watching.

vCash
    Noted on Golden Skate, but apparently Jayne Torvill or Christopher Dean is working with Patrick Chan (as per their twitter).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Noted on Golden Skate, but apparently Jayne Torvill or Christopher Dean is working with Patrick Chan (as per their twitter).
    Thanks for the heads up, Proustable. OMG .. I am sooo excited. Can never forget T & D's classic Bolero. I guess .. it's his exhibition piece or maybe something for the ice show in Ontario in December? Whatever, can't wait to see what they and Patrick are working on.
    What 'inside joke'?

vCash
    Oh my goodness - who is giving Patrick Chan advice? I want to write a letter confessing my love!

vCash
    What great news! I love Christopher Dean's work, can't wait to see the new exhibition programme.

vCash
    Likely that Christopher Dean and Patrick are working together on a new EX? And it has something to do with a cap! Here's pix of Christopher and Patrick after practice.
    https://twitter.com/torvillanddean/s...301568/photo/1
    Gee.. so many things to look forward to this season. Three new choreographers for Patrick. He's keeping his word that he's exploring this season. Go Patrick .. no venture no gain.

vCash
    SO. LOOKING. FORWARD TO THIS SEASON.

vCash
    Now I think I understand the full meaning behind Dean's words "Hats off to him".

A new exhibition program involving a cap? That sort of brings me back to the Hat Trick routine Christopher choreographed for Jayne and himself as professional skaters.

Chan working with legendary Dean, how cool is that?

vCash
    http://seattletimes.com/html/thearts...rt22stars.html

Okay - I am not crazy - Dean did choreograph a hat routine for Kulik. Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tileKDK4eg

vCash
    ^^^ That was very interesting, and thanks TA. Hope Christopher does not use the same music and come out with something different for Patrick. If I have a wish.... I would like to see Patrick perform to some kind of 'tap dancing' on ice.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    http://seattletimes.com/html/thearts...rt22stars.html

Okay - I am not crazy - Dean did choreograph a hat routine for Kulik. Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tileKDK4eg
    I answered you in Kurt's singin' in the rain thread
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Haven't seen Kulik's baseball cap number before, wonder if Patrick has.

The Accordion, I think I know what you mean by 'Hmmm' but Ilia and Patrick are two different skaters and their caps seem to be quite different in...color, right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Hope Christopher does not use the same music and come out with something different for Patrick.
    Hope so too. Well, it's just an exhibition program after all and Dean's input is always valuable for someone like Chan who seeks to improve his showmanship.

vCash
    Congratulations to Brian Orser and Patrick Chan who were each honoured at the Ontario Sport Legends Hall of Fame induction ceremonies on September 29th.

Orser was inducted into the Hall of Fame and joins such skating legends as Petra Burka, Elvis Stojko, Toller Cranston. Donald Jackson and the late Barbara Ann Scott as honoured members of the Hall.

Patrick Chan was named winner of the Syl Apps Award as the Hall’s 2012 Athlete of the Year. Voting for the award is conducted annually by the Ontario Sport Legends Hall of Fame. To be eligible for the Award, athletes must be Ontario-born or Ontario-based and made an outstanding and memorable contribution to Ontario sports during the previous calendar year.
    Article link:http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...ns%20slhf.html

vCash
    Congrats to both! It is quite suprising that Brian had n't been honoured until now..

BTW I'm flying to Japan tomorrow; looking forward to see Patrick's new program there.

vCash
    ^^^ Oh pleeeeease vigiliae, post pictures and best still .. vids of Patrick's new programs here.
    Have a great time and report back.

vCash
    Unfortunately photographing/vid recording is strictly prohibited in Japan.
    I'll try my best to report something soon

vCash
    Dean also included a hat in a routine for Kurt and Stars on Ice years back. Kurt is an expert with the hat

vCash
    His jumps were great at the warm up. I saw beautiful 4T-3T right in front of me and he did a solid 3A. So it maybe because he has not been used to the rhythm of this new program.

Though I don't like the music cut, we can see cheerful, cute and sincere young man in this program. It will develop for sure. I love it.

It was a bit heartaching to see Christy and Patrick together without that big laugh they used to have.
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 10-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.

vCash
    Thanks ali dorate. I am worried with him falling in JO. Really hope he gets the program together on time and concentrate on training between now and the Worlds. I have been wondering how the music cut will turn out. How was it done?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast