Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Comparing the tv and competition schedules, I think it'll be a pretty good chance we'll see every skater at Skate Canada. The ladies free and pairs free are question marks.

As for Canadians, ninety repeats of Amelie LaCoste's short program!
    It will depend on whether there are any repeat broadcasts between CTV, TSN, an TSN2. I sure hope not but still don't expect we will see every skater.

vCash
    Hi everyone! In anticipation of tomorrow's show - I have been asked to follow up about our online CBC poll : who do you think will have the best chance of a successful comeback and why? Plushenko, Weir or Lysacek ?

I you are ok with being quoted in the show, please put an OK after your response and if I don 't see one - I won't use it...cheers Pj

PS - feel free to be in touch with me anytime - I really enjoy all of the discussion and debate!!

vCash
    The CRTC approved the sale of BOLD.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2012/2012-630.htm

Lets keep our fingers crossed that the originally planned long-form coverage of events will continue.

vCash
    deleted

vCash
    CBC's coverage this GP season has been really disappointing. On today's NKH broadcast we saw two pairs and one dance team. No offense meant to you PJ - I love your commentary. I think one event showed five of the top ten men and that was about as good as it got. The broadcasts are slated in 'Sports Saturday' or some title like that, so the skating is interrupted with skating or bobsleigh coverage - or whatever.

I know that the government is trying to kill the CBC and give the network all my sympathy.

But for a figure skating fan who enjoys TV versus online coverage - complete with commentary (especially PJs) - its depressing. Especially since I actually have a husband who enjoys watching skating as well. It is a date night for us.

I'm worried that Worlds coverage will be severally abbreviated now that BOLD has been sold. And wondering if I'm going to have to get coverage from Americans or Europeans and watch it delayed. I'm never 'on time' for the live stream.

vCash

Question about cbc's archived GPS coverage

cbc.ca has their 2012 GPS shows to date. I'm based in the US, but was able to access them a couple of weeks ago. However, i now get "the content is currently not available" when i click on any of them. Did they suddenly geoblock them? If so, is there a way to get around it? Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliblue View Post
    cbc.ca has their 2012 GPS shows to date. I'm based in the US, but was able to access them a couple of weeks ago. However, i now get "the content is currently not available" when i click on any of them. Did they suddenly geoblock them? If so, is there a way to get around it? Thanks in advance.
    You're right, they did just geoblock it. I have a VPN which is the main way to get around it, but hadn't needed it for their archives this season till now. Actually I think I was even able to watch their live stream ungeoblocked last weekend. Shame.

vCash
    Canada still does a MUCH better job of showing skating than in the US. One would have thought that with the NHL lock out this would have presented an opening, but nope.

vCash
    During the CBC's tv network coverage of the Grand Prix Final they were promoting the following;

Doc Zone episode entitled:Ice. Sweat & Tears (a CBC 1hr. documentary style show) which airs on Thurs. evenings @ 9pm). It is a behind the scenes look at figure skating. It is scheduled to air on Thurs. Mar. 7 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliblue View Post
    If you have the Firefox browser you can download the Stealthy add on and ungeoblock stuff. I watch stuff on the BBC website that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12