Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Carmen might just be V/M's most challenging FD to this day due to the intricacy and diversity of arm and body movements. It's definitely not easy to make a dance like that flow but I am fully trusting them to make everything look stunning by the end of the season.

Dying to know what dress Tessa will wear for her character and let's 'see how they'll do on their levels in both dances.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    The non fans will say-

Its always a love theme with V&M
    Their lifts look the same as always
    Their twizzles are not as fast
    Their spins are slow
    Scott's hair
    Tessa's weight( I would give almost anything to be that size again!)
    ad nauseum

But who cares.... not us!
    I didn't know even Scott's hair is an issue for them. Should Scott dye his hair blonde and use the curling iron for a change? I do hope he won't because it would all be as fake as faking connection in a post-program piece of acting.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Carmen might just be V/M's most challenging FD to this day due to the intricacy and diversity of arm and body movements. It's definitely not easy to make a dance like that flow but I am fully trusting them to make everything look stunning by the end of the season.
    I'll need to see the whole thing to say for sure, but I agree that this may very well be their most challenging FD. From what we've seen so far, it appears to be quite difficult and complex.

Dying to know what dress Tessa will wear for her character and let's 'see how they'll do on their levels in both dances.
    I'm hoping they keep their costumes simple, sort of like what they did for PF at Worlds in 2009, to show off their movement.

I didn't know even Scott's hair is an issue for them. Should Scott dye his hair blonde and use the curling iron for a change? I do hope he won't because it would all be as fake as faking connection in a post-program piece of acting.
    It seems like some people thought his hair was too short last year or something like that.

There is a whole laundry list of comments in my head that I'm sure we'll see out of the usual detractors. It doesn't matter what the actual program looks like, some people are just that predictable.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I'll need to see the whole thing to say for sure, but I agree that this may very well be their most challenging FD. From what we've seen so far, it appears to be quite difficult and complex.

I'm hoping they keep their costumes simple, sort of like what they did for PF at Worlds in 2009, to show off their movement.
    This makes sense, since Pink Floyd was their most complex program to date and they're using the same choreographer. Agree on the costumes as well. If this is Pink Floyd, but with an added layer of expression (the one thing PF arguably lacked), then it will be a wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    This makes sense, since Pink Floyd was their most complex program to date and they're using the same choreographer. Agree on the costumes as well. If this is Pink Floyd, but with an added layer of expression (the one thing PF arguably lacked), then it will be a wow.
    Plus, *turn, spit, curse*, this program is likely to get something that PF didn't: to be fully trained and have plenty of competetion miles on it by Worlds.

vCash

Yes the choreo looks insanely hard. Even that lift, they need so much control for it.

Also as I remember it, it was mostly V/M fans that had a problem with Scott's hair.

vCash
    I always preferred the tie-dye PF costumes and thought they gave just the right nod to the era , so I'm hoping for simple ,but with some kind of a subtle Carmen reference.

Cherub and Proustable ..hang in there..it's going to be sweet , judging from these tiny glimpses ..delerium will be your reward.

vCash
    I watched !! i thought the self-restriction applies to the practice videos only, not to CTV Windsor news
    so Habanera is in! I'm EXTREMELY satisfied by what I saw, because Tessa looks like an evil, "disturbing" seductress, as a real Carmen should be! just like in the Swedish ballet production (and a bit like Krylova) I tell you, she's going to be PERFECT as Carmen. yes sir, it will be epic!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    I watched !! i thought the self-restriction applies to the practice videos only, not to CTV Windsor news
    so Habanera is in! I'm EXTREMELY satisfied by what I saw, because Tessa looks like an evil, "disturbing" seductress, as a real Carmen should be! just like in the Swedish ballet production (and a bit like Krylova) I tell you, she's going to be PERFECT as Carmen. yes sir, it will be epic!!
    I love that bit where you can hear the beginning of the Toreador's aria and she struggles to get away from Scott aka Don Jose (or at least that would be my interpretation of it - at 0:40). I agree that's probably the most challenging piece of choreography they've ever had, and I hope the whole program is everything we're expecting it to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Thank you! Yes, it looks quite interesting and complex. As for the costumes, I somehow don't think that the little read ballet type skirt for Tessa that some people suggested would suit this type of dance (especially the side by side movements that are shown at the end). I rather predict something similar to their 'Pink Floyd' costumes. 'Carmen' without some red accent migth seem quite improbable, but that's been done in some ballets (for instance, in that same Petit ballet version a link to which was provided here). But we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 10-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    I do believe they will, for one thing that's usually their style - and I am grateful to them because I want to see what they skate first and foremost, not necessarily what they wear, what they wear is just a bonus - and for the other and most importantly, their contemporary approach - which I fully embrace btw because it makes Carmen feel more like a universal theme rather than just a latin story - would require simple costuming IMO rather than busy, flashy and flamboyant. I'm really not expecting Scott to go for a toreador's outfit in their take of Carmen.

It seems like some people thought his hair was too short last year or something like that.

If that's all that was, I'll take it as constructive criticism because as Shayii said in her post some of us fans too complained about Scott's hair being too short in FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So Jennifer Swan is the choreographer, not Marina? I thought Marina would not allow for outside choreography but it seems she was misjudged. Or am I missing something?

vCash
    I think there's a difference between the way that we nitpick Tessa and Scott (hair or otherwise)
    We say the things we say about hair length, outfits etc because we think that they are so amazing that they really only need to fine tune the really tiny things.
    The haters nitpick because they need to criticize something to prove why their favorites are better, but that's all they can find.

vCash
    The little bit I saw was just fantastic. I can't wait!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    New preview article from PJ: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...te-canada.html. And yes she actually goes there--we fans are definitely not the only ones reading this thread, I think.

Was thinking more R, but they're clothed so PG13 is good.
    When you said that PJ "went there" I thought you meant the article was going to speak about Scott's hand being in an interesting place and not about Carmen vs Carmen. I realize that's the title but ... well my mind was still in the oh la la about Scott. Hmmm ... my bad
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Seeing that short little clip makes me more anxious to see both programs....can't wait, and may even peek at the practices if I get the chance in my schedule . I already love the waltz music, and am really excited about their "Carmen" now.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash

vCash
    So Jennifer Swan is the choreographer, not Marina? I thought Marina would not allow for outside choreography but it seems she was misjudged. Or am I missing something?
    If Swan is, V&M's isu bio does not reflect that:

Coach: Marina Zueva, Johnny Johns
    Choreographer: Marina Zueva
    Of course, their SD description might not be quite right either:

The Waltz Goes On by Anthony Hopkins
    i.e. no polka at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    If Swan is, V&M's isu bio does not reflect that:

Of course, their SD description might not be quite right either:

i.e. no polka at all.
    They've mentioned Jennifer Swan as one of their choreographers in most of their interviews as of late. Why it's not listed on the ISU bio I don't know, but like you said, the SD description doesn't list any polka...

ETA: They also don't have Oleg Epstein listed as one of their coaches, but he's listed on the Skate Canada website. Scott has also shrunk in height from last year.

ETA 2: They refer to both Marina and Jennifer Swan as their choroegraphers here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipzpb...tailpage#t=24s

It's also mentioned somewhere in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVy8AtHuG5w
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 10-25-2012 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm not sure that hand stayed only on her thigh, I was so surprised I literally looked away lol.
    I did too. Get your cold drink and turn the fan on cause this could be a sizzler!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I did too. Get your cold drink and turn the fan on cause this could be a sizzler!
    I'm my grandmother's primary caregiver at present. Last year, she loved V/M. I was planning on us watching together again this year, but I'm not sure I can show a 90+ year old lady a program with that move in it.

vCash
    I'm my grandmother's primary caregiver at present. Last year, she loved V/M. I was planning on us watching together again this year, but I'm not sure I can show a 90+ year old lady a program with that move in it.
    I know what you mean my mom adored them last year as well. It's the good ol' days, it's Fred and Audrey why wouldn't they love it? Now a crotch/thigh 'feel' may be another story.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast