Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1038
  1. #721
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

    As for Igor, I'm not surprised. I always knew it. And, yes, that other team must have been VM. It's so obvious what he's doing here. I hope Tessa and Scott kick ass.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  2. #722
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Whoa. Let's not get too carried away. I think underhanded is a bit harsh at this point. They are doing all they think they need to do to win. I expect V&M will do the same.

  3. #723

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,722
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    As for Igor, I'm not surprised. I always knew it. And, yes, that other team must have been VM. It's so obvious what he's doing here. I hope Tessa and Scott kick ass.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    So Tessa nd cott need to fight not nly with other competitiors, but with there coaches too.
    Hope they will be OK and Cant wait t see them. Just miss them.

  4. #724
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,312
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    And, yes, that other team must have been VM. It's so obvious what he's doing here.
    A repeat - he said it was "for a team that did not happen". I think, from this text, it's quite clear that "didn't happen" is about that team, not the dance. Tessa and Scott can't be called a "team that didn't happen", can they?

  5. #725
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    A repeat - he said it was "for a team that did not happen". I think, from this text, it's quite clear that "didn't happen" is about that team, not the dance. Tessa and Scott can't be called a "team that didn't happen", can they?
    Needs to be highlighted. I read it the same as you. I guessed earlier maybe Silverstein and Pekarik. I don't think one could consider Fedor and Jana years ago.

  6. #726

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,722
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Did you think Igor could said - i had this idea fro V-M for OG, but after we were split with Marina, i gave my idea to Anna and Luca?
    But its not important now. All happened and Tessa-Scott couldnt change nothing.

  7. #727
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I do not like tactics that involve copying others. In any sport. I find it distasteful, so yeah, I was harsh and I won't apologise for it. Also, this is my opinion, other members of this forum are free to disagree. I say this in case any DW fan happens to read my post and go about saying the VM fans are calling DW's tactics this and that. They are not, only me. You can quote me even

  8. #728

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,722
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I do not like tactics that involve copying others. In any sport. I find it distasteful, so yeah, I was harsh and I won't apologise for it. Also, this is my opinion, other members of this forum are free to disagree. I say this in case any DW fan happens to read my post and go about saying the VM fans are calling DW's tactics this and that. They are not, only me. You can quote me even
    I agree with you. I think the top teams need to have there own style.

  9. #729
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    So Tessa nd cott need to fight not nly with other competitiors, but with there coaches too.Hope they will be OK and Cant wait t see them. Just miss them.

    Nothing really new from last year when quite a few people posting in V/M's thread kept saying both Igor and Marina were working against Tessa and Scott. However, V/M prevailed.

  10. #730
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think we need to trust Tessa and Scott, no?

    The fact that DW are approaching their skating not on their terms but based on what another team does makes me very angry. It's gamesmanship. I'm sure DW are very close friends, there's no denying that, but now they're actively replicating another team's moves and expressions. Are we playing mirror tactics this late in the game? Sad.
    This. I'm not particularly convinced that D/W are really terribly close, but what they are doing is gamemanship, pure and simple. They're not trying to have a closer connection in their own way; they're trying to have a closer connection by copying a team that's considered their closest rival.

  11. #731
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I do not like tactics that involve copying others. In any sport. I find it distasteful, so yeah, I was harsh and I won't apologise for it. Also, this is my opinion, other members of this forum are free to disagree. I say this in case any DW fan happens to read my post and go about saying the VM fans are calling DW's tactics this and that. They are not, only me. You can quote me even

    Of course you can have your opinion. You just seemed excited and when pani gets excited you tend to tell her to calm down

    My opinion is that skaters often imitate other skaters. I´m not convinced though that in this case it's a winning strategy for D&W simply because these two teams have been ice dance in recent years and watched very closely. It's going to be seen as insincere to some and even a bit desparate. Others of course will see it differently and as proof of something else.

    If V&M stay injury free and skate for themselves, developing their programs throughout the season I'm not feeling that worried for them.

  12. #732
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Because Pani tends to overreact. Gamesmanship, however, is very serious. To me, at least.

  13. #733
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am worry. T-S made trademark patent on connection. They should sue D-W and get ban on using connection. W-P also steal this connection. This is class action type. Igor should be sued for stealing V-M programs. Marina should be sued for causing this greate trouble.

  14. #734
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Because Pani tends to overreact. Gamesmanship, however, is very serious. To me, at least.
    And maybe when you think pani is overreacting it's just her reaction to something she takes very seriously

  15. #735
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    I am worry. T-S made trademark patent on connection. They should sue D-W and get ban on using connection. W-P also steal this connection. This is class action type. Igor should be sued for stealing V-M programs. Marina should be sued for causing this greate trouble.

    Gosh you are funny.

  16. #736
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I shouldn't, but fine, let's go.

    I do not think Virtue and Moir patented their connection because you cannot patent something that's innate. As I am sure other teams have shared a similar connection over the years, even Weaver and Poje, yes. Many greats have been known to share a unique connection that elevates their skating to a much higher level, this is not exclusive to Virtue and Moir. Over. The. Years. Can I repeat that? Over the years. If you have a style, own it, my friend, especially if you are a team as amazing as D-W is. Want to work on your connection? Commendable. But I didn't see a team showing, in their own way, they are now more connected on the ice (and off). I saw a team deliberately replicating expressions, gestures and movements. Oh, and before you say you cannot do that because paralinguistic features aren't unique and, therefore, are common to all human beings, think again. There's a little something call idiolect, which includes, yes, paralinguistic features. We know these teams, some know them better than others, but the fact remains that we are able to identify certain things that are unique to each one of them as skaters. Let me repeat that, AS SKATERS, as I do not claim to know them as people. It's very clear what's going on here and it's gamesmanship.


    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    And maybe when you think pani is overreacting it's just her reaction to something she takes very seriously
    Quite true. That is fair enough.

  17. #737
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So we can see D&W SD later on Icenetwork for free today!

    What has been the feedback to their SD & FD?

  18. #738
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    184
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This is more trouble than I imagine. Marina cause gamemanship for all teams. V-M not show up at Finlandia last minutes. Igor could sue Marina. Marina want to find out what Igor did and use V-M. I never think this. Why team listens to Marina all the time?

  19. #739

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,889
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Okay I saw the practice video everybody is talking about, I actually think this could be a really good program, but the "new" connection is certainly blatant. The cupping of the face and stopping to stare in each other's eye is very reminiscent of Tessa and Scott. I don't know what to think tbh, but I'm a bit amused at the thought of both teams having intimate stare offs during competitions. This season is gonna be very interesting indeed.


    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    I am worry. T-S made trademark patent on connection. They should sue D-W and get ban on using connection. W-P also steal this connection. This is class action type. Igor should be sued for stealing V-M programs. Marina should be sued for causing this greate trouble.
    Dude, you're not funny...at all. And if you're going to mimic/imitate somebody try to be consistent with it--you're just coming across as really lame right now.

  20. #740
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    This is more trouble than I imagine. Marina cause gamemanship for all teams. V-M not show up at Finlandia last minutes. Igor could sue Marina. Marina want to find out what Igor did and use V-M. I never think this. Why team listens to Marina all the time?
    Funny, I agree. Skaters are being used, which is very sad indeed.

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •