Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Or my boy PChiddy who has a country cool look!

Love T&S though and S's hair slightly mucked up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    OT..but who could look more cool than Mr. Balde ?

Love T&S though and S's hair slightly mucked up!
    Agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Thanks Iggie. Your site is a treasure trove.
    thanks.

vCash
    NOOO Scott shut down his facebook page (which to be fair was basically shut down already because he posted like once a year)

vCash
    Honestly, i think the best V-M site - Iggie blog.
    V-M never had really good PR. Its not like one Shibs, W-P have.
    Its OK to have only official site, especially if Scott didnt want to support this page on facebook anymore, but there site didnt have a lot off information. Even no good competition Schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    NOOO Scott shut down his facebook page (which to be fair was basically shut down already because he posted like once a year)
    It's not shut down yet; it has a long thank you note to fans. Honestly it's not like they updated it a lot, but still I wonder what prompted this. Lol I always thought it was kinda of weird that the page only said Scott Moir and didn't have Tessa Virtue too. They are really private people aren't they! Scott just shut down his personal facebook page too and now this one. A part of me can't help thinking it might have something to do with the psycho blogger and her followers. IDK I kinda find this a bit humorous because all this is happening a few days after some fans were complaining that it's hard to be fans of Tessa and Scott since they don't have a good media outlet for their fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    It's not shut down yet; it has a long thank you note to fans. Honestly it's not like they updated it a lot, but still I wonder what prompted this. Lol I always thought it was kinda of weird that the page only said Scott Moir and didn't have Tessa Virtue too. They are really private people aren't they! Scott just shut down his personal facebook page too and now this one. A part of me can't help thinking it might have something to do with the psycho blogger and her followers. IDK I kinda find this a bit humorous because all this is happening a few days after some fans were complaining that it's hard to be fans of Tessa and Scott since they don't have a good media outlet for their fans.
    I think most part of well-known people have personal attacks in internet and maybe dont need to pay attention to this
    Didnt know nothing about how this could be connect with blog (didnt saw it long time).
    But i think it not to bad have official site with full schedule, results page (with score), music information (during all senior skating at least) - so nothing too much, but not unprofessional names of competitions.
    Maybe we didnt need to have personal information, but to have more information about skating could be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think most part of well-known people have personal attacks in internet and maybe dont need to pay attention to this
    Didnt know nothing about how this could be connect with blog (didnt saw it long time).
    But i think it not to bad have official site with full schedule, results page (with score), music information (during all senior skating at least) - so nothing too much, but not unprofessional names of competitions.
    Maybe we didnt need to have personal information, but to have more information about skating could be good.
    I just made a comment on fanforum, but I think it got lost. But over there I said after thinking about this for a bit, it just all seems odd with the timing and everything. Some disgruntled fans have been complaining about the lack of update from them and the blogger has been harping on about it for a few days too, so this seems like a direct result of that; it's like they're basing their actions on what fans have been writing for a few days. I don't mind him closing it since it was never updated, but I can't help thinking the website will be next in the not so far future .

vCash
    I just made a comment on fanforum, but I think it got lost. But over there I said after thinking about this for a bit, it just all seems odd with the timing and everything. Some disgruntled fans have been complaining about the lack of update from them and the blogger has been harping on about it for a few days too, so this seems like a direct result of that; it's like they're basing their actions on what fans have been writing for a few days. I don't mind him closing it since it was never updated, but I can't help thinking the website will be next in the not so far future .
    Hm... Hope no, because this will show unrespect to all "normal" fans, who want to have more information about skating. Did you remeber, how people were happy to read V-M interview about how they work with music and choreo?
    So i hope they will not shut up there website and it will work good in future.
    Last edited by pani; 09-19-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hm... Hope no, because this will show unrespect to all "normal" fans, who want to have more information about skating. Did you remeber, how people were happy to read V-M interview about how they work with music and chore?
    So i hope they will not shut up there website and it will work good in future.
    Sigh...me too.

vCash
    If these disgruntled people can stop being their fans because they feel Tessa and Scott have not kept them up to date with their lives, then it's their loss. Most of us have gotten used to the way these two are handling their life in the public eye. It's their choice not to be "rock stars", not to have twitter accounts and not to post funny clips on youtube. Maybe their future post-amateur career would benefit from having more PR now. On the other hand, Scott's facebook page has seen its share of very weird postings, not to mention other aggresive pieces of evidence on the web. I doubt the Shibs or W/P face that kind of stuff.
    If Scott feels he needs to close the facebook account, he has every right to do so. It's not like we'll be kept in the dark concerning their programs/competitions from now on. After all, this is what matters most to skating fans. And I'm sure the official site will not be closed, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of reconstructing it.

vCash
    deleted
    Last edited by clarie; 09-19-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    Addicted to FSU

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    If these disgruntled people can stop being their fans because they feel Tessa and Scott have not kept them up to date with their lives, then it's their loss. Most of us have gotten used to the way these two are handling their life in the public eye. It's their choice not to be "rock stars", not to have twitter accounts and not to post funny clips on youtube. Maybe their future post-amateur career would benefit from having more PR now. On the other hand, Scott's facebook page has seen its share of very weird postings, not to mention other aggresive pieces of evidence on the web. I doubt the Shibs or W/P face that kind of stuff.
    If Scott feels he needs to close the facebook account, he has every right to do so. It's not like we'll be kept in the dark concerning their programs/competitions from now on. After all, this is what matters most to skating fans. And I'm sure the official site will not be closed, otherwise they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of reconstructing it.
    This, a thousand times over. IMO, it's petty and childish to stop being a fan just because a facebook page is being shut down and/or because they're not big on social media.

That said, it is very true that there has been some pretty weird and, IMO, inappropriate crap posted on that facebook page, especially as of late. If people are posting weird stuff on his wall, I don't think it's that far of a stretch to think he's likely getting the same weird stuff, or worse, via private message on fb. Scott and Tessa somehow seem to attract more than their fair share of the weird--moreso than I've seen on P/B's, The Shib's, D/W's, or W/P's pages just to name a handful. I do honestly wonder if shutting it all down may be the result of a few people ruining it for all. I know if I were a skater in the pre-Olympic season, gearing up to defend an Olympic title, I would not want to have to deal with all of the nutty on top of everything else. On top of all that, that psychotic blogger, as Shayii dubbed them, seems to be getting more off the rails and delusional. Between all of that, I don't blame him at all for leaving fb.

Also, as has been pointed out, it's not like we have ever gotten a bunch of exclusive news and photos directly from V/M. It pretty much all comes from outside sources. That's not going to change because Scott left facebook. We'll keep getting our information and news from the same sources we always have and will be able to find it all neatly sorted for our perusal on Iggie's fabulous blog.

vCash
    By psychotic blogger, do you mean that crazy girl who thinks that Scott and Tessa have a secret baby that she had during the 2008-2009 season which is why they missed the GP series?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Scott and Tessa somehow seem to attract more than their fair share of the weird
    it probably comes from being winners and very good-looking people, not to mention their "aristocratic" aura and the admiration they get everywhere. with such high-profile status, they are easily target of enevy and resentement. it happens with Yuna, too. it's very interesting to see the way some people relate to celebrities. sometimes such bad feelings come from personal issues. finding the reasons of our love or hate for someone we don't know personally, can be a good "self-therapy".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    OT..but who could look more cool than Mr. Balde ?
    i actually fancy Mr. Poirier a lot. he's angelic! <3 sigh <3

vCash
    Lol gerbil, it was psycho not psychotic, I feel like that's more apt. Anyways like I said on ff I can see both sides of the argument. Scott made his fan page too personable to begin with and not including Tessa's name was weird. I can't say I blame him for deleting it, but I wish they had a more professional one somebody else can operate. But its ok and I'm still their biggest fan and the only person I've seen that wants to be an ex-fan now is pani.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Lol gerbil, it was psycho not psychotic, I feel like that's more apt. Anyways like I said on ff I can see both sides of the argument. Scott made his fan page too personable to begin with and not including Tessa's name was weird. I can't say I blame him for deleting it, but I wish they had a more professional one somebody else can operate. But its ok and I'm still their biggest fan and the only person I've seen that wants to be an ex-fan now is pani.
    Psycho and psychotic may both apply.

Macassar88--yes, this is the crazy blogger who insist that V/M have a child--born in 2010 though. I think if V/M had a kid, someone would have found out and shared with us all on here by now.

vCash
    Not true, Pani is their biggest and greatest fan.

Thats why she is so affected by every little thing while we just look at things overall!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Psycho and psychotic may both apply.

Macassar88--yes, this is the crazy blogger who insist that V/M have a child--born in 2010 though. I think if V/M had a kid, someone would have found out and shared with us all on here by now.
    True. And I'm sorry I know it is a sensitive topic people like to stay clear of and I'm not trying to belittle those that believe in the theories, but the child thing is so ridiculous to me. There is not one ounce of evidence except pics of a flat bellied Tessa, but she is somehow supposed to be 8 months pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Not true, Pani is their biggest and greatest fan.

Thats why she is so affected by every little thing while we just look at things overall!
    IDK that's what she said on ff that she will support other teams now.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast