Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

It's pointless to worry until we see the program. Besides, DW made some uncharacteristic mistakes today.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Can I ask where to find on here the YT video someone put together of V&M doing the CD Waltz to the Anthony Hopkins piece they will be skating too? Can't seem to find it. Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's pointless to worry until we see the program. Besides, DW made some uncharacteristic mistakes today.

Charlie had mistake on twizzles and Meryl didnt show deep edges at last SS, so they got level 2 for it. So all is OK
    How doy like there choreo, guys?

vCash
    Wow.
    I had no idea there is a trademark on behavior once the music ends.
    apparently staying a character of the music and intense eye contact is strictly protected and Davis & White must stop it right now.

Some people are freaking out. Tessa and Scott will show their programs very soon and hopefully we will have a new kick ass Carmen after Krylova&Ovsianikov voidy one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Wow.
    I had no idea there is a trademark on behavior once the music ends.
    apparently staying a character of the music and intense eye contact is strictly protected and Davis & White must stop it right now.
    I just saw their FD it's ok. Maybe I'll like it more as the season progresses. I didn't like that 'stuff' after the music but they're certainly entitled to do it. See I just don't feel that connection during the performance, mind you it was all fine and good imo but then to see that 'pick you up and look into my eyes' after was kinda strange and not necessary. I know D&W get criticized for their lack of connection but I feel like you either have it or you don't and they do have a connection but it's just different and that's ok. So jmo but I would lose the after music nonsense it's not needed, but what do I know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Can I ask where to find on here the YT video someone put together of V&M doing the CD Waltz to the Anthony Hopkins piece they will be skating too? Can't seem to find it. Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnGdZ6iEfU

hehe! enjoy

vCash
    dunno, i don't think the choreography captures the spirit of Notre dame. maybe it should have been focused on the relation between Esmeralda and the hunchback, giving a clear storyline. it does give the impression of being a program that was put together in little time. i hope Carmen is more coherent and well thought.

vCash
    I didn´t like the program at all. I've always hated the music so it was going to take something special to overcome that (similar to how I felt about FF music). I also get the impression this is a newer program so with that in mind I wouldn't write off this FD, the Canton teams are very hard workers and I think D&W will do whatever they can to save this program as V&M did last year. I do hope that the other choreographer V&M are working with on their FD has a lot of input and that there is more relation between the skating and the music then we saw today in Notre Dame. I think at this point Giselle is the better of the two programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I know D&W get criticized for their lack of connection but I feel like you either have it or you don't and they do have a connection but it's just different and that's ok. So jmo but I would lose the after music nonsense it's not needed, but what do I know?
    I've always thought that part of the connection on ice is reflection of lives skaters have off ice, not necessary with each other.

As we see with Tessa and Scott - ice dancers dont need to be lovers off ice to have sexual/romantic chemistry on ice portraitist a romantic/intense characters.

I think Meryl and Charlie are doing the right thing with pursuing a new approach and are adding something new to their repertoire. Working on a connection can also be done by working on life and relationships off ice.

vCash

Re: Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

You know what? Never mind. I can't repeat enough that this isn't about exclusivity, but methods. But, fine, I won't mention it again, it's exhausting really.

Sequins, I agree with your post completely. And I also agree with the poster who mentioned that fans are more likely to notice these details and outsiders might think we're crazy. As many of you know, I pay a lot of attention to detail, I love deconstructing a performance and discover its nuances, so that's why this seriously bothers me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    You know what? Never mind. I can't repeat enough that this isn't about exclusivity, but methods. But, fine, I won't mention it again, it's exhausting really.

Sequins, I agree with your post completely. And I also agree with the poster who mentioned that fans are more likely to notice these details and outsiders might think we're crazy. As many of you know, I pay a lot of attention to detail, I love deconstructing a performance and discover its nuances, so that's why this seriously bothers me.

i appreciate your "strong" opinions and the way you express them.
    like i said in the K&C, i was quite surprised by those post-dance moments. the fact is, those moments look spontaneous and sincere in Tessa and Scott's case, like bursts of emotion and affection toward each other. they are not acting. Davis and White probably play a part and i'm not sure it's...uhm, "appropriate" in skating. i mean, the other teams don't do that. the acting should stop when the music ends. otherwise, it's like going overtime with the purpose of captivate the favours of the judges on the artistic marks. and it's not very fair toward the other teams. not to mention the fact that it was a rather awkward acting.

vCash
    Thanks Golightly I wasn't sure I was making sense
    I agree martyross about the 'awkward' By all means they can branch out and try new things and try to improve their connection during the program but all I'm saying is the stuff after the music I hope they don't do it again. I like D&W the way they are, they don't need to force stuff.

vCash
    see the thing between meryl and charlie is that you dont even see them chat with each other the way tessa and scott do, so anything d/w show with regard to connection will appear awkward and out of step. even past teams that had tremendous connection on ice, say a/p, didn't act like that once the music was done. they didnt "force" that connection once the program was done. if d/w really wanted to work on their connection, they should do it more during the actual program and ask the choreographers to create more moments that will force them to look at each other, not just force it after the program

vCash
    tessa and scott's chemistry, i remember seeing it on stars on ice and i was taken aback. in fact, i even wrote about. ...

one thing i noticed was tessa and scott's connection. we had been talking about it on fsu a few days before. i knew they had it, but i really understood it well here. in meryl and charlie's split lift, notice that meryl is up in the air, rapturous and charlie is pushing on. kaitlyn and andrew similarly have lifts where kaitlyn is up in the air, pumping her fists, or she's being rotated. andrew is down below, doing his own thing. all these lifts lift the girl, enhance the music and are beautiful to watch... but tessa and scott's lifts are different.

for tessa and scott, their lifts form of an embrace. even the umbrellas of cherbourg straight line lift, which has her facing away from him, became a hug. or their lifts allowed them to stare deeply at each other, like the pink floyd lift. basically, their lifts were a way to bring themselves closer to each other. a way to show their unity and their need to wrap themselves around each other, grasp each other, hold each other, look at each other... rest on each other. even in the moments tessa and scott didn't have to look at each other, they were. when they could have skated separately, their hands were on each other. when they could have done their own thing, they were in sync. i couldn't see their faces but i could see their connection well. it felt intuitive, like how could they ever skate without skating for each other? in a stadium of thousands, in the spotlights and on the ice, it was just the two of them.

"we think about bringing people in. we're inviting people into this little world in this moment, and we want people to share it with us, instead of reaching out to them."

vCash
    YESSS!!! ^^^.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post

Yes thanks so much!

Yeah this SD is going to blow all the others awat, no way D&W SD that I saw today will be able to compete with that.

vCash
    golightly ... I know exactly what you mean .

You know , I've always liked Meryl and Charlie very much. I prefer V/M personally, but have never felt that you can only like one team at the expense of the other, and I like different things about each team.

Now, if it was merely that D/W felt that they weren't connected enough during a performance, there are ways of developing that through various exercises and rituals and they could have done / can do at any time . Just go ahead and do it...if it succeeds ,the results will be evident.

But of course gamesmanship is at play when there is much made of it in interviews, followed by the release of snuggly photos, followed by the OTT choreographed "after performance" at the end of their dance. I've long disliked the over long "pre performances " some couples indulge in, and it tends to have a negative effect on me rather than the reverse.This has always been so , whether or not it was a couple I was familiar with.

So I wonder how successful the campaign will be outside of D/W's ardent fans ? I'm not sure this approach is really best for them.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 10-22-2012 at 04:22 AM.

vCash
    I just hope Tessa and Scott are true to themselves. For the love of God I don't think I'll be able to take it if they start doing weird or awkward things just for the sake of showing their new dramatic sides. Just be genuine and be yourselves guys...pretty please!!! My hope is Jennifer Swan.

vCash
    Shayyi..Ditto to that.

vCash
    I just watched Meryl and Charlie's FD. I was disappointed. I usually love the way they connect to their music and Charlie's exuberance. For me, they just didn't seem to have their usual innate musicality. It felt almost as though there was some kind of disconnection to their programme. JMO, but Charlie's facial grimaces made him look like he was suffering a belly ache. Please can I have the Old D/W back?

Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast