Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

It's not the how, it's the what. Again, I already said that connection isn't owned by anyone. It's the facial expressions and movements that threw me off, they're surprisingly similar to what you see in most VM performances.

I believe Meryl said once they liked to be themselves on the ice, they aren't doing much of that now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's not the how, it's the what. Again, I already said that connection isn't owned by anyone. It's the facial expressions and movements that threw me off, they're surprisingly similar to what you see in most VM performances.

I believe Meryl said once they liked to be themselves on the ice, they aren't doing much of that now.

Don't worry I understand what you're saying. I'm not really sure what people are misinterpreting. Look, I commend them for trying to work on their connection and I don't think I'm over-analyzing nor am I being a hater, but come on people how can you look at their new closeness (stopping all of a sudden and staring into each other eyes or the stroking of the hair) and not be reminded of V/M.

(I was trying to put this in a more articulate way, not sure I succeeded) .

YEAH!
    vCash
    So, out of my 3 favorite couples, I hate P&B's FD, hate both of I&K's programs... I really really need Tessa & Scott to come through for me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So, out of my 3 favorite couples, I hate P&B's FD, hate both of I&K's programs... I really really need Tessa & Scott to come through for me...
    Have you seen I&Ks programs??

YEAH!
    vCash
    Check the "From Russia with Love" thread in GSD.

vCash
    Yeah, the only thing that's bearable in I&K's FD are the costumes... A pity, because they're good skaters.

I already have butterflies in my stomach for next weekend.

vCash
    Thanks. Just watched both. I´ll be kind and say sometimes it takes a whole season to make these programs work. Most of the SDs I´ve seen tend to fly by quickly and theirs seems twice as long. I think they could have done something much more chilling and beautiful to Unchained Melody instead of trying to fit the whole story into a FD with spoken words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yeah, the only thing that's bearable in I&K's FD are the costumes... A pity, because they're good skaters.

Their SD costumes aren't bearable though...
    And yeah I watched their FD and was cackling for the entire second half because it was so ridiculously hilarious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Me too

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I LOVE P/B's FD, but I'm also a huge Rolling Stones fan. I even love the "Start Me Up" part as the song reminds me of someone from long ago now.

I suppose I'm off to watch I/K's programs now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I LOVE P/B's FD, but I'm also a huge Rolling Stones fan. I even love the "Start Me Up" part as the song reminds me of someone from long ago now.

I suppose I'm off to watch I/K's programs now.
    Keep your hopes down. The FD is so bombastic that you have to wonder whether Morozov is being bribed by Bobrova and Soloviev so they can get Russian No. 1 back

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Keep your hopes down. The FD is so bombastic that you have to wonder whether Morozov is being bribed by Bobrova and Soloviev so they can get Russian No. 1 back
    I just finished watching. I don't even know what to think about the SD. As for the FD, why didn't they use the soundtrack from the movie Ghost? At the very least, they could have not used spoken lyrics from the musical. The program is better without sound than with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    IThe program is better without sound than with.
    Its because of Morozov new methods - they never skate on original music at practice. So how program could go with music?
    But hope they will skate better at competitions.

vCash
    Late to the topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Don't worry I understand what you're saying. I'm not really sure what people are misinterpreting. Look, I commend them for trying to work on their connection and I don't think I'm over-analyzing nor am I being a hater, but come on people how can you look at their new closeness (stopping all of a sudden and staring into each other eyes or the stroking of the hair) and not be reminded of V/M.

(I was trying to put this in a more articulate way, not sure I succeeded) .
    I am also with Golightly with this one, except I do not think it is gamesmanship. I do think D/W is genuinely trying work on their connection, (which for me personally is mandatory with partnered dancing and not "owned" by anybody) but as Golightly clarified, it's the way or "style" by which they are going about it that is throwing some of us off, , especially after one or two quotes by Meryl about trying not to be who they are not.

I also would like to point out especially to non-fans reading here and scratching their heads at some of our reactions about this topic is that as fans/ubers/shippers (and other shades of the VM fandom), we have pretty much unearthed every pictures, fanvids, and GIFs documenting and immortalizing every breath-synchronizing hugs, hands on heart, every snuggle, melt-each-other or burn-each-other stare, etc. that have been very much part of Tessa and Scott's "ritual" of preparing for a performance, staying in character and setting the tone and mood for a long time now. Stuffs that probably a general ice dance fan (and definitely D/W fans) don't see or care about. AND there are numerous. Numerous enough for me personally to call this "ritual" a VM trademark. Hence the reaction. You may not agree but we have our reasons for reacting this way.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 10-21-2012 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    Just watched both of I&K's 'programs' don't like them. Costumes are bad especially the SD. I actually like the FD for about 30 seconds until the voices come in and then I find it cheesy and annoying. I guess it's 'Ghost' right? That's the Demi Moore like outfit that's for sure.

D&W SD is nice, but I still like W&P's better.

vCash
    Wish I could find a good quality video of W&P SD to The Sound of Music? anyone know where please?

vCash
    Wait till you see D/W's free dance. When the music ends, they stay on their characters and keep on working that connection...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Wait till you see D/W's free dance. When the music ends, they stay on their characters and keep on working that connection...

Meh, Torvill & Dean use to do that, V&M probably will do it too. Nothing really new there...

vCash
    Well Bobrova and Soloviev got higher tech base values than Davis and White did. I'm worried for Tessa and Scott if they also get low base value (40.20 vs 37.70)
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Meh, Torvill & Dean use to do that, V&M probably will do it too. Nothing really new there...
    Probably not new, but I have never seen them like that.

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast