Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1038
  1. #761
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Virtue ~ Moir n. 20. L’amour est un oiseau rebelle

    It's not the how, it's the what. Again, I already said that connection isn't owned by anyone. It's the facial expressions and movements that threw me off, they're surprisingly similar to what you see in most VM performances.

    I believe Meryl said once they liked to be themselves on the ice, they aren't doing much of that now.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

  2. #762

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's not the how, it's the what. Again, I already said that connection isn't owned by anyone. It's the facial expressions and movements that threw me off, they're surprisingly similar to what you see in most VM performances.

    I believe Meryl said once they liked to be themselves on the ice, they aren't doing much of that now.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Don't worry I understand what you're saying. I'm not really sure what people are misinterpreting. Look, I commend them for trying to work on their connection and I don't think I'm over-analyzing nor am I being a hater, but come on people how can you look at their new closeness (stopping all of a sudden and staring into each other eyes or the stroking of the hair) and not be reminded of V/M.

    (I was trying to put this in a more articulate way, not sure I succeeded) .

  3. #763
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    So, out of my 3 favorite couples, I hate P&B's FD, hate both of I&K's programs... I really really need Tessa & Scott to come through for me...

  4. #764
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So, out of my 3 favorite couples, I hate P&B's FD, hate both of I&K's programs... I really really need Tessa & Scott to come through for me...
    Have you seen I&Ks programs??

  5. #765
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Check the "From Russia with Love" thread in GSD.

  6. #766

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Yeah, the only thing that's bearable in I&K's FD are the costumes... A pity, because they're good skaters.

    I already have butterflies in my stomach for next weekend.

  7. #767
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Check the "From Russia with Love" thread in GSD.
    Thanks. Just watched both. I´ll be kind and say sometimes it takes a whole season to make these programs work. Most of the SDs I´ve seen tend to fly by quickly and theirs seems twice as long. I think they could have done something much more chilling and beautiful to Unchained Melody instead of trying to fit the whole story into a FD with spoken words.

  8. #768
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Yeah, the only thing that's bearable in I&K's FD are the costumes... A pity, because they're good skaters.

    I already have butterflies in my stomach for next weekend.
    Their SD costumes aren't bearable though...
    And yeah I watched their FD and was cackling for the entire second half because it was so ridiculously hilarious!

  9. #769

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I already have butterflies in my stomach for next weekend.
    Me too

  10. #770
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So, out of my 3 favorite couples, I hate P&B's FD, hate both of I&K's programs... I really really need Tessa & Scott to come through for me...
    I LOVE P/B's FD, but I'm also a huge Rolling Stones fan. I even love the "Start Me Up" part as the song reminds me of someone from long ago now.

    I suppose I'm off to watch I/K's programs now.

  11. #771
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I LOVE P/B's FD, but I'm also a huge Rolling Stones fan. I even love the "Start Me Up" part as the song reminds me of someone from long ago now.

    I suppose I'm off to watch I/K's programs now.
    Keep your hopes down. The FD is so bombastic that you have to wonder whether Morozov is being bribed by Bobrova and Soloviev so they can get Russian No. 1 back

  12. #772
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Keep your hopes down. The FD is so bombastic that you have to wonder whether Morozov is being bribed by Bobrova and Soloviev so they can get Russian No. 1 back
    I just finished watching. I don't even know what to think about the SD. As for the FD, why didn't they use the soundtrack from the movie Ghost? At the very least, they could have not used spoken lyrics from the musical. The program is better without sound than with.

  13. #773

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,727
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    IThe program is better without sound than with.
    Its because of Morozov new methods - they never skate on original music at practice. So how program could go with music?
    But hope they will skate better at competitions.

  14. #774
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    197
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Late to the topic but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    It's not the how, it's the what. Again, I already said that connection isn't owned by anyone. It's the facial expressions and movements that threw me off, they're surprisingly similar to what you see in most VM performances.

    I believe Meryl said once they liked to be themselves on the ice, they aren't doing much of that now.

    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Don't worry I understand what you're saying. I'm not really sure what people are misinterpreting. Look, I commend them for trying to work on their connection and I don't think I'm over-analyzing nor am I being a hater, but come on people how can you look at their new closeness (stopping all of a sudden and staring into each other eyes or the stroking of the hair) and not be reminded of V/M.

    (I was trying to put this in a more articulate way, not sure I succeeded) .
    I am also with Golightly with this one, except I do not think it is gamesmanship. I do think D/W is genuinely trying work on their connection, (which for me personally is mandatory with partnered dancing and not "owned" by anybody) but as Golightly clarified, it's the way or "style" by which they are going about it that is throwing some of us off, , especially after one or two quotes by Meryl about trying not to be who they are not.

    I also would like to point out especially to non-fans reading here and scratching their heads at some of our reactions about this topic is that as fans/ubers/shippers (and other shades of the VM fandom), we have pretty much unearthed every pictures, fanvids, and GIFs documenting and immortalizing every breath-synchronizing hugs, hands on heart, every snuggle, melt-each-other or burn-each-other stare, etc. that have been very much part of Tessa and Scott's "ritual" of preparing for a performance, staying in character and setting the tone and mood for a long time now. Stuffs that probably a general ice dance fan (and definitely D/W fans) don't see or care about. AND there are numerous. Numerous enough for me personally to call this "ritual" a VM trademark. Hence the reaction. You may not agree but we have our reasons for reacting this way.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 10-21-2012 at 06:24 PM.

  15. #775
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    827
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Check the "From Russia with Love" thread in GSD.
    Just watched both of I&K's 'programs' don't like them. Costumes are bad especially the SD. I actually like the FD for about 30 seconds until the voices come in and then I find it cheesy and annoying. I guess it's 'Ghost' right? That's the Demi Moore like outfit that's for sure.

    D&W SD is nice, but I still like W&P's better.

  16. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wish I could find a good quality video of W&P SD to The Sound of Music? anyone know where please?

  17. #777
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    354
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wait till you see D/W's free dance. When the music ends, they stay on their characters and keep on working that connection...

  18. #778
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    303
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Wait till you see D/W's free dance. When the music ends, they stay on their characters and keep on working that connection...


    Meh, Torvill & Dean use to do that, V&M probably will do it too. Nothing really new there...

  19. #779
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well Bobrova and Soloviev got higher tech base values than Davis and White did. I'm worried for Tessa and Scott if they also get low base value (40.20 vs 37.70)
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  20. #780
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    354
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Meh, Torvill & Dean use to do that, V&M probably will do it too. Nothing really new there...
    Probably not new, but I have never seen them like that.

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •