Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That it was a piece of music they were considering using for a while (aka, before Shpilband left).

vCash
    I thought Golightly was implying that Tessa was implying that they had the music first when she said it was originally their SD. I didn't hear it the same way, I felt she was explaining that it was originally SD music to explain why they are skating to such a warhorse. In other words my impression was for a SD it was not such a big deal to use popular music and that they usually go for more original music in their FDs but as they were working on it they started to feel the music and changed it to a FD.

But I don't know any of the team personally so I'm just guessing. Thankfully SA is about to start and we can take a break wondering about V&M.

eta...but now reading post by Proustable I can see it that way as well. A way of saying we had it for a whilel

vCash
    Aren't you both basically saying the same thing though lol. Now I'm very curious what they were thinking of doing for their FD before. But they probably felt it would a better idea doing And the Waltz Goes On since it was suggested by two coaches...I love that music so I'm glad they did.

vCash
    Probably. I have a fever and don't know what I'm talking about

vCash
    And Igor went for VM's music , not the other two's. So obvious. I hope Tessa and Scott have an amazing season, how I hope so. That's just low, man.

vCash
    What do you mean? Do you think he's trying to sabotage them as opposed to the others that remained with Marina? Idk if I said it here or ff, but I said I've been feeling nervous for them and I can't shake the feeling. And I don't like that.

vCash
    While it's entirely true V/M are in another league from C/L in all real aspects, there will definitely be a false equivalence made between the two. That equivalence (Anna's better than Tessa; V/M are all technique whereas C/L have true Latin fire, blah blah blah) won't really serve either. C/L won't be beating V/M this season. However, as Pratfall said, it might function to diminish V/M a little in relation to their true competition - D/W. Why? Maybe he still wants D/W (I do think there was a degree of surprise that they didn't follow him)? Maybe he wants to remove the luster from Zoueva's stars (it was an acrimonious split, to say the least)?

I'm not feeling nervous, though. I'm rather excited, truthfully.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I'm not entirely convinced that there's anything malicious going on with C/L also ending up with Carmen. That said, I don't think Igor is any sort of angel, and I wouldn't put it past him to politically go after V/M or D/W--or going after Marina by going after the teams.

If he does want D/W back though, it seems like they'd be more likely to make the switch after a bad season for them than if they have the better season... So, in that case, it seems like he'd want V/M on top...

vCash
    Canadian pair Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue continue to deal with injuries http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...rtue-moir.html

Interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Canadian pair Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue continue to deal with injuries http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...rtue-moir.html

Interesting.
    I just came to repost an article that Meyers posted on ff. This one is from TSN though http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/story/?id=407665. I'm so excited, we'll get to see them next week!

vCash

Interesting.
    What´s interesting about it? I don't mean that in a snotty way, I'm just not sure what you see in that article.

vCash
    That there was real concern for a serious injury, which is what many of us said a few days ago when they pulled out of Finlandia. I also think it is great the way they're approaching the new season. I'm excited.

vCash
    That there was real concern for a serious injury, which is what many of us said a few days ago when they pulled out of Finlandia. I also think it is great the way they're approaching the new season. I'm excited.
    I was one who was worried as it's not like them to withdraw. When I saw the title of the article and your comment "interesting" I thought the worst I think I´m getting too excited with Skate America starting, really curious to see the programs from Canton.

vCash
    Yes. Maybe he have hope to work with Shibs and D-W again, but not with T-S

And Igor went for VM's music , not the other two's.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I'm amused at the fact that they'll stay in hotels even for a competition that's 5 minutes away from home, but I think it's a smart way to make sure it feels like any other comp.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes. Maybe he have hope to work with Shibs and D-W again, but not with T-S
    I'm no Marina fan, but given what C&B, R&T, and C&L have shown so far, I'd be quite happy for him to not work with V&M again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I'm amused at the fact that they'll stay in hotels even for a competition that's 5 minutes away from home, but I think it's a smart way to make sure it feels like any other comp.
    My daughter skates synchro and she hates it when the competitions are local. Says they never get into the right spirit because everyone is getting dropped off at the rink individually and you don't get the same adrenaline rush. I think there is something to it because they skate much better when it's an away competition. They are too soft at local competitions.

I think it's smart for V&M to stay at hotels and treat it as an away competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I'm no Marina fan, but given what C&B, R&T, and C&L have shown so far, I'd be quite happy for him to not work with V&M again.

I don't recall seeing R&T (unless it´s the Godfather one they are dressed in black?). I thought C&B´s FD was nice but all I could think watching it was it would be better skated by D&W or V&M because a lot of the movements he gave them the others had. I also think that style of program isn't flattering to C&B, it highlights how mismatched they are physically and skillfully. C&L's program I also see moves that make me think of V&M and D&W. Neither C&B nor C&L imitated those two before, or at least not so obviously to me. And I´m not sure imitating these two teams at what THEY do best is a smart strategy.

It's going to be interesting to see what Marina does on her own because so far I don't see anything that impressive from Igor.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I don't recall seeing R&T (unless it´s the Godfather one they are dressed in black?).
    Yes, it is. I'm not sure if he choreographed it, because they changed from their original Pink Floyd FD at TAT's request, but I can safely say I see nothing new and improved from them in any case. I was hugely disappointed.

vCash
    I think PF for R-T was Marinas idea.

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast