Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Did you read, that Igor did entire choreography for C-L Free Dance?
    So the war will begin at SC?
    Where did you read that? Thought they said in an earlier interview they chose Igor over Marina in the split because they had their own choreographer?

vCash
    Did you read, that Igor did entire choreography for C-L Free Dance?
    So the war will begin at SC?
    I knew it.

As for the "war", you are giving this supposed battle way too much importance. It's like comparing Roger Federer to Tommy Haas, two players who are part of the same generation with two very different careers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Where did you read that? Thought they said in an earlier interview they chose Igor over Marina in the split because they had their own choreographer?
    http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12256

One last question. I would like to know who did the choreographies for the Short Dance and the Free Dance, as Paola Mezzadri usually takes care of this aspect, while you have been hired in the first place as a technical coach.

Igor Shpilband: I did the entire choreography for the Free Dance, while Paola choreographed the Short Dance.

vCash
    Thanks and hmmm It's weird to explain but knowing that he choreographed that makes me less impressed with the FD. Probably because of all the posts I read about how Igor would have been the better choice over Marina for better programs and I don´t feel that program is unique or outstanding. It does however explain why some movements reminded me of Tessa and Meryl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Thanks and hmmm It's weird to explain but knowing that he choreographed that makes me less impressed with the FD. Probably because of all the posts I read about how Igor would have been the better choice over Marina for better programs and I don´t feel that program is unique or outstanding. It does however explain why some movements reminded me of Tessa and Meryl.
    At one message board a lot off people said Anna look like Tessa in FD, but not in SD. Now i understand why.
    And thats why this FD didnt look so great like Paola Mizzardi and Luidmila Vlasova work. (at this point).
    But we didnt saw Marina work in this season yet.

vCash
    At one message board a lot off people said Anna look like Tessa in FD, but not in SD. Now i understand why.
    And thats why this FD didnt look so great like Paola Mizzardi and Luidmila Vlasova work. (at this point).
    But we didnt saw Marina work in this season yet.
    Yes. We need to see what they did. I feel confident they are capable of better but it will be interesting to see them side by side at SC.

vCash
    I've always tried to resist thinking the worst of Igor...( Why did I bother ? )

I tried to think he couldn't have encouraged the C/B pairing ,which left Emily high and dry ( and IMO has far less potential than S/B had )...

Tried to refrain from taking sides over the split ... But I have to say this seems petty and vindictive.

I feel sorry for all the skaters .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I feel sorry for all the skaters .
    Thats my point too And this show how skaters belive in there coaches and there ideas. Before split Tessa never thought about "Carmen", Anna and Luca had another idea for FD.
    Coaches will be OK, they have a lot off years of coaching ahead of them. But some skaters have only 2 years ahead.

vCash
    Does anyone think Scott's injury might have given them time to work on another FD? I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if you think it is, then ignore it .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Does anyone think Scott's injury might have given them time to work on another FD? I hope this isn't a stupid question, but if you think it is, then ignore it .
    No because they've known they were skating the same FD for a while now and in the middle of September at HPC they said they were skating to Carmen. Doesn't make sense they would then suddenly switch FDs.

vCash
    Hm... Considering D-W changed FD after USA traning camp, this could happened.
    From other hand - i think if Tessa-Scott have made something special in FD and they both sure in this FD, they need to save it. Just IMHO.

vCash
    Hm... Did you saw Tessa and Scott profile on SC site?
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/Profile/ta...&strlanguage=E

Free Dance
    Part 1: Music from the opera Carmen (Georges Bizet)

vCash
    The "Part 1" was just probably some sort of template. R/H's and W/P's profiles are the same, with part 1 even though with just a single music entry.

Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje

ETA: Oops, I was thinking more in the lines of changing the music, as was speculated above, not the original opera versus Shchedrin ballet suite. Hope that was just an error, just like the nonupdate of the coaches entry.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 10-18-2012 at 03:34 PM.

vCash
    Hm... Considering D-W changed FD after USA traning camp, this could happened.
    From other hand - i think if Tessa-Scott have made something special in FD and they both sure in this FD, they need to save it. Just IMHO.
    Davis/White didn't change their FD after the USA camp. It was said long before the camp that they had considered Sinatra for their FD at first, but had chosen different music. There was no actual dance made to that Sinatra music. Besides, they also said long before the training camp that their FD music was something that they had wanted to skate to for a long time. And recently they said in an interview that 'Notre Dame de Paris' was that music they had wanted to use for a long time.

As for Tessa and Scott's FD - I too think that they haven't thought about changing their FD if they really like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Davis/White didn't change their FD after the USA camp.
    They didn't change any of their programs after Champs Camp this year. Last season they changed their FD and the season before that it was their SD.
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Thats my point too And this show how skaters belive in there coaches and there ideas. Before split Tessa never thought about "Carmen", Anna and Luca had another idea for FD.Coaches will be OK, they have a lot off years of coaching ahead of them. But some skaters have only 2 years ahead.
    Which one of the two coaches/choreographers was the first to give Carmen to their students, Marina to V/M or Igor to C/L? Whichever one it was, I find the other stealing the theme just as a way to pay back to be a totally immature thing to do for someone their age and experience. Anyway, I hope Tessa and Scott will come up with more valuable and convincing Carmen material than what I've seen from Cappellini/Lanotte recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    They didn't change any of their programs after Champs Camp this year. Last season they changed their FD and the season before that it was their SD.
    I was talking about last season, not about this year Champs Camp.

vCash
    I think we will never found who was the first. But i think this was V-M, just because this was idea for SD.

vCash
    I think we will never found who was the first. But i think this was V-M, just because this was idea for SD.
    Which is exactly what Tessa wanted to imply when she said they initially considered Carmen for the SD. She's a smart kid, she knew what she was saying. I am sorry, but from the moment I found out about C-L doing Carmen, it did not sit well. You could tell. And, again, I am not blaming C-L, who I like very much, they probably did not know. But I do not buy for one second that this was a coincidence.

vCash
    Whoa, at the new FSU layout!

I don't even know what to say. The more articles I read, the more I definitely feel this was done deliberately. It's kinda sad.
    Do you think that they changed their music from the suite to the opera because wasn't it confirmed somewhere else that they too were using the suite like C/L?
    I don't think that's enough time to change a FD, but like I was inquiring above, they might have changed the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Which is exactly what Tessa wanted to imply when she said they initially considered Carmen for the SD. She's a smart kid, she knew what she was saying. I am sorry, but from the moment I found out about C-L doing Carmen, it did not sit well. You could tell. And, again, I am not blaming C-L, who I like very much, they probably did not know. But I do not buy for one second that this was a coincidence.
    I don't understand, what was she trying to imply when she said they initially considered Carmen for the SD?

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast