Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Just watch P-B SD. Love it. I like it more then Isabel and Olivie can can.
    Not sure about waltz, but look lovely
    I love that program as well. Every time I rewatch it, I pick up on some sort of detail that I missed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    If you ask me, I'd much rather they picked Shchedrin's. I mean, that is, in essence, a modern Carmen so.
    Me too. I think the Shchedrin would work much better for a modern Carmen than the opera would.

vCash
    Thanks for link pani! That was lovely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    and early blues ,say one or two people with guitars .. is no more real than say, B.B.King with a bass , piano ,drummer, and a couple of horns
    I think you know what I meant by "real" in this case. I meant "more real" as in closer to it's original form.

I simply mean how many instruments are playing at once , are they playing softly or loudly , and so on .. either way , it could be musicians playing from a written arrangement , or musicians improvising..they can achieve a "building" effect without necessarily changing tempo.
    Okay, understood.

You can consider Temptation whatever you want , I guess..but Tom Waits wrote it and plays it as a rhumba ... it's not your standard latin rhumba , but the rhythm is definitely there , and it's not a blues ballad ..a jazz torch song in a rhumba rhythm ?..By any name , it worked.
    Yes, but Tessa and Scott didn't skate to Tom Wait's original version. They used Diana Krall's version, and she is considered to be a contemporary jazz singer. It may have a rhumba rhythm, but to me it also sounds like jazz-blues. I think they don't rule each other out. My point was not that it's not rhumba (I never said that), but that it was a bit bluesy too, and I don't want Tessa and Scott to use something too similar to it.

But I never feel that using ballet music , or even a theme from a particular ballet requires that you tell the whole story in 4 mins. and that the costume has to echo the ballet costume. It's OK if it adapts well for ice dance , but often , it won't.
    I agree completely.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfsqg...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrVFW...eature=related

Some examples of traditional blues, and then some "covers".
    I've always loved "blues"........
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So far I don't think I've seen a SD I didn't like. I wish V/M hadn't had to drop from Finlandia because their music for it is just wonderful and I really wanted to see what they had up their sleeves. Ah well!
    Whta did this mean

vCash
    That the poster is disappointed V/M dropped out of Finlandia, because they were excited to see their SD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    That the poster is disappointed V/M dropped out of Finlandia, because they were excited to see their SD.
    drop from Finlandia because their music

vCash
    drop from Finlandia because their music

disappointed that they dropped from Finlandia, because their SD music is wonderful and want to see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    disappointed that they dropped from Finlandia, because their SD music is wonderful and want to see it
    O, thank you!

vCash
    Just watch P-B SD. Love it. I like it more then Isabel and Olivie can can.
    Not sure about waltz, but look lovely
    I just watched it. I really like it. Kinda makes up for the FD...maybe. So far I'm 2 for 2 with SD. Gotta love the polka, who knew?

vCash
    does anyone have the link for P/B SD, please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    You can view it in this same section in the French news thread. It is quite good and I agree better than Delobel/ schoenfelders in almost every way.

vCash
    After last week-end with so many competitions in the same time, feel boring now
    Maybe Arctic Edge will have some kind of send-off show before GP?

vCash
    I can't believe I was totally numb about this, but does anyone remember Carmen On Ice starring Katarina Witt, Brian Boitano, and Brian Orser?

I think V/M can star in another Carmen On Ice project, if there is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I can't believe I was totally numb about this, but does anyone remember Carmen On Ice starring Katarina Witt, Brian Boitano, and Brian Orser?

I think V/M can star in another Carmen On Ice project, if there is!
    Thanks for this link! Never saw this before

vCash
    So, anyone- please tell what's going on???? Don't understand anything becuase the last time i was here was a week ago. Do Tessa & Scott have a new trainer? Why everybody are talking about random ballet costumes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    So, anyone- please tell what's going on???? Don't understand anything becuase the last time i was here was a week ago. Do Tessa & Scott have a new trainer? Why everybody are talking about random ballet costumes?
    Why do you think they have new trainer? We were talking about V-M off-ice trainer from Lonod and watched interview with her.
    As for costumes - its just because i said i feel sad T-S will never use ballet FD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o490KXM-x-s. It's a nice program, but I'm not in love with it like most people are, but definitively better than the FD.
    After last week-end with so many competitions in the same time, feel boring now
    Maybe Arctic Edge will have some kind of send-off show before GP?
    It is boring, but I guess the season officially starts next weekend. I'm not so sure we will be seeing a lot of Tessa and Scott in the media anymore--looks like they are back to their "staying in our bubble" policy.

vCash
    I can't believe how many Dance teams are using music that is used for compulsory Dance tests this year in the short dance. PB music in the middle is the music used for the American Waltz. I know there was a competition in the summer where 2 teams used CD test music - I think the American again and the European maybe?

Also Ralph and Hill use the CanCan music but I don't remember the other music - it wasn't them using this same waltz music as PB too was it?

ETA- Just went back and watched it - it is the Kilean test Dance music that RH use! But I am glad I went back and watched it - I forgot how much I like it! So much fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdlOswvUsUQ
    Last edited by The Accordion; 10-14-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    Also Ralph and Hill use the CanCan music but I don't remember the other music - it wasn't them using this same waltz music as PB too was it?

ETA- Just went back and watched it - it is the Kilean test Dance music that RH use! But I am glad I went back and watched it - I forgot how much I like it! So much fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdlOswvUsUQ
    Thanks for the link. ITA - so much fun. Not a huge fan of the peachy colour of the costumes but apart from that I loved it. Also love P&B's short, and P&I's. I think I'll love most of the SD's this season. Lurrrrve the polka and waltz. Last season didn't like any of them - hate Latin with the fire of a thousand suns (except perhaps for a really really good flamenco a la A&P, P&B, V&M, and occasionally there's a really good tango that I can sit through).
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast