Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    PJ blog from PJ about V-M injury and practice. Love PJ - she made great PR for Tessa and Scott
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...-and-moir.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp29r...e_gdata_player this is a preview of CappLanotte's Carmen. i would define it 'classic', a 19th century, operatic Carmen. i think Operatic style is their strenght. they're Italian, after all. maybe Carmen has to be skated very 'big', though. the program is nice to watch, but imo the subject matter requires something that keeps you on the edge of your seat. we'll see how the 20th century Carmen looks like!
    Will see all FD, but i must say i love Anna in this role. So i didnt notice Luca yet.
    I like her dress. Will see, what T-S will show. But i think Marina love something classical more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp29r...e_gdata_player this is a preview of CappLanotte's Carmen. i would define it 'classic', a 19th century, operatic Carmen. i think Operatic style is their strenght. they're Italian, after all. maybe Carmen has to be skated very 'big', though. the program is nice to watch, but imo the subject matter requires something that keeps you on the edge of your seat. we'll see how the 20th century Carmen looks like!
    I just watched it, and I didn't really care for it. I didn't feel like they did anything especially new or noteworthy. I liked the entrance into the twizzles and I liked how their twizzles in the step sequence matched the music, but other than that, I didn't think it was amazing. I'd even rank it below Navka and Kostomarov's Carmen which I didn't think was that great either.
    Seeing it really made me miss Anjelika Krylova.

vCash
    I think it's too early to say having only seen half the program. As I thought though it seems this will be a good role for Anna. I like some of the choreographic touches they use and really enjoyed the entrance into the twizzles as well as the how the twizzles in the step sequence were choreographed with the music. So I guess considering I only saw half of the program I like a lot of it I don't know why though but I didn't expect such a traditional approach from them for some reason so that was a bit of a disappointment but maybe because the music is so common in figure skating it's harder to think outside the box.

vCash
    I'm not going to hope V&M do something like this as I'll be disappointed when they don't but I like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyyha6j1k38

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    From dark pani side - its Maria Mountain, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's trainer, Maria Mountain - owner of Revolution Sport Conditioning in London, ON.
    Here is PJ interview with her about T-S traning
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlLQ6...ure=youtu.be&a
    I really love this interview with their trainer, very enlightening! I always have noticed that Scott has more muscle mass in the summer than during the season--now I know why that is.

C/L's program I have to see the whole thing before I can tell how I feel about it, but I can say I love their costumes especially her dress! I think Tessa and Scott's costumes will have red in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I really love this interview with their trainer, very enlightening! I always have noticed that Scott has more muscle mass in the summer than during the season--now I know why that is.

C/L's program I have to see the whole thing before I can tell how I feel about it, but I can say I love their costumes especially her dress! I think Tessa and Scott's costumes will have red in it.
    Which carmen costumes haven't had ANY red in them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Which carmen costumes haven't had ANY red in them?
    Evan's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Will see all FD, but i must say i love Anna in this role. So i didnt notice Luca yet.
    I like her dress. Will see, what T-S will show. But i think Marina love something classical more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9ne...e=context-gfat

This is CL's FD
    I was quite underwhelmed. Tessa and Scott have even less to worry about (not that they ever had anything to worry about to begin with, but there was the chance that Igor would choreograph a better Carmen than Marina)

vCash

This is CL's FD
    I was quite underwhelmed. Tessa and Scott have even less to worry about (not that they ever had anything to worry about to begin with, but there was the chance that Igor would choreograph a better Carmen than Marina)
    We haven't seen what Marina choreographed yet Also pretty sure V&M have choreography for their FD from the same woman who worked on Pink Floyd with them. And I don't think Igor choreographed C&L's FD either, there is an interview out there that says they have their own choreographer. Igor is for technical.

I hope you knocked on wood when you made that post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    We haven't seen what Marina choreographed yet Also pretty sure V&M have choreography for their FD from the same woman who worked on Pink Floyd with them. And I don't think Igor choreographed C&L's FD either, there is an interview out there that says they have their own choreographer. Igor is for technical.

Well, if Igor was there for tech only (which I think is probably the case because I remember that interview), he did a great job because they beat BS in tech both with levels and GOE. Their GOE was much higher than Bobrova and Soloviev and around the same level as Weaver and Poje.

Anyway, as for Marina not choreographing Carmen, I'm sure that she'll have last say on everything and will be contributing to it.

YEAH!
    vCash

This is CL's FD
    I like it. Best FD I've seen from them in a while, and better than anything we've seen so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I like it. Best FD I've seen from them in a while, and better than anything we've seen so far.
    I dunno - I've never really been a huge fan of them. It could just be a stylistic thing that I don't like about them. Anyway, I think that, if this weren't Carmen, I'd like it more, but I have high expectations for anyone using that music.

vCash

This is CL's FD
    It's generic Carmen choreo. I wasn't impressed. I know they beat B/S FD but I actually thought B/S looked more polished. Anyway, I believe Tessa & Scott's Carmen will be much more special.

vCash
    I AM a big fan of C/L. They've done two free dances that I'd rank as among that season's best (Requiem for a Dream and La Strada). This doesn't do much for me. The mid section is the best - the two lifts have seamless entries and fluidity. I also noticed their twizzles seems to be faster.

The fact that the best program from the European teams is coming from Bobrova/Soloviev, however, is something I can't handle. How in the world did the rest of them let that happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    I AM a big fan of C/L. They've done two free dances that I'd rank as among that season's best (Requiem for a Dream and La Strada). This doesn't do much for me. The mid section is the best - the two lifts have seamless entries and fluidity. I also noticed their twizzles seems to be faster.

The fact that the best program from the European teams is coming from Bobrova/Soloviev, however, is something I can't handle. How in the world did the rest of them let that happen?
    Bobrova/Soloviev really surprised me! I would have never thought that they were capable of doing something like this.C/L's FD is IMO very safe and boring, so V/M's Carmen can only be better and I am sure it will be.

vCash
    SO. MUCH. KNOCKING. WOOD.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Accordion View Post
    SO. MUCH. KNOCKING. WOOD.
    This. I'm also a huge fan of The West Wing, so I'm turning, spitting, and cursing.

vCash

This is CL's FD
    I liked it. I liked it a lot, but now I feel like T/S's Carmen is gonna be very different in choreo and interpretation. I'm still a bit sad that we didn't get to see it this weekend. Out of all the programs I saw so far my favorite is W/P and C/L, I liked B/S too. I couldn't get through P/B's FD.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Don't worry, I knocked for her!!

vCash
    i just watched W/P FD. Loved their music was not happy to see the lifts back again this year. C/L programme looked like it needed more explosive moves when the music crescendo.. Hated Gillies and Poirier's music, but some of the choreo looked pretty spectacular. Has anyone have vid of P/B?

Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast