Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Please God don't let it be serious.

vCash
    I am thinking he must have gotten injured in practice, hopefully it is nothing serious and he can be ready for Skate Canada. Better now than during the GP.

vCash
    Oh no. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he is able to have a good and speedy recovery.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I hope this is just minor and they're being cautious, but I have a bad feeling about this. If it were no big deal in the long run, it seems like they would have said what the injury is by now. They do have the worst luck.

ETA: I wish there was more information about the injury. I'm sitting here with my mind conjuring up worst case scenarios...
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 10-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.

vCash
    Hope Scott recovers soon.

Maybe its just the flu - which is going around in Ontario like crazy. They did say injury though....

vCash
    pj kwong tweets: Turns out it was a late decision for V/M to withdraw from Finlandia - Scott has slight muscle strain in neck.

skate canada press release http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx

vCash
    What?!! Can't believe this right now!!! I seriously just checked in to see if there would be practice reports I don't even know what to say I'm so sad!!! This is so unfair for them, they always have to deal with an injury every other year! Are there any details or anything? Did this happen in Finland? Whatever it is I hope he gets better soon and it wouldn't affect their next competitions. This totally just ruined my day !!!

ETA: Oops sorry marikat I just saw your post. This makes me feel a bit better, thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    pj kwong tweets: Turns out it was a late decision for V/M to withdraw from Finlandia - Scott has slight muscle strain in neck.

skate canada press release http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    Thanks PJ! Hope this mean they will be at SC soon!
    I think it was a big stress for them -
    Our bags were packed, and it was literally just four hours before our scheduled flight that we made the decision
    Feel sad fro all there fans in Finland and russian fans, who will be there.
    But this will be great competition and main thing - to see them healthy and ready at SC.
    Russian fans could see them at CoR (if all with be OK) and at GPF. So hope things going well. So i hope fans from Finland could come to GPF or CoR.

vCash
    Good to hear something. Hope it really is minor and they are just being overly cautious because of their experiences with Tessa´s injuries. Remembering Scott's reaction the last time they pulled out of a competition he doesn't take these things lightly. I really hope to see them at Skate Canada.

vCash
    On the plus side, I'm less sad that I didn't buy last minute super expensive tickets to see them and Bobrova/Soloviev

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    On the plus side, I'm less sad that I didn't buy last minute super expensive tickets to see them and Bobrova/Soloviev
    Hope you will see them at another competition.
    B-S FD the thing wich very interesting to see
    Dont know, for me this message from PJ and press-release soung positive. Maybe i am wrong.

vCash
    As disappointed as I am not to get to see their programs at least we still will hopefully see something. At least one Carmen, B&S again, W&P are also competing and P&B at Masters so hopefully we will see some videos online. I've seen B&S already but am very anxious to see what the other three have come up with, especially W&P as their concept sounds interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hope you will see them at another competition.
    B-S FD the thing wich very interesting to see
    Dont know, for me this message from PJ and press-release soung positive. Maybe i am wrong.
    Yeah I really want to see them in some capacity live because I've never done it. I really hoped they would go to TEB this year since I'll be going, but I guess they couldn't since Pechalat and Bourzat picked it? And it makes more sense for them to do Cup of Russia so they can get practice competing there twice this season (unless for some horrible reason they don't make GPF)

And yeah I'm super excited about Bobrova and Soloviev - I just rewatched both of their dances and I see all these small places where they can add transitions. They are probably my second favorite team competing atm and I hope they flourish under Zhulin.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I'm feeling somewhat relieved with the news that this is only a minor injury. Hopefully, Scott makes a quick and complete recovery.

vCash
    Does anyone have the link to the Skate Canada press release? That one above seems to be broken. Thank you! I am glad it was something minor. You can never be too cautious, in my opinion. Not given their past experiences, so I am glad they decided to stay home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Does anyone have the link to the Skate Canada press release? That one above seems to be broken. Thank you! I am glad it was something minor. You can never be too cautious, in my opinion. Not given their past experiences, so I am glad they decided to stay home.
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx

vCash
    I'm still so in shock, I think everyone here knew how excited I was for this weekend. But I'm just glad it's only a minor injury. I couldn't help wondering if maybe it's that lift they do where Tessa swings around Scott's neck that might have caused the problem.

Pani that link doesn't work either, I'll try http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I'm still so in shock, I think everyone here knew how excited I was for this weekend. But I'm just glad it's only a minor injury. I couldn't help wondering if maybe it's that lift they do where Tessa swings around Scott's neck that might have caused the problem.

Pani that link doesn't work either, I'll try http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDetails/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2006/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    Yes, this could be that lift. But i hope all will be OK

vCash
    I hope I didn't jinx them by putting them first in my predicitions!

vCash
    I think I can breathe a little better now... I'm glad they're cautious. As good as it would have been to receive feed-back early in the season, it's better not to aggravate a minor injury which, hopefully, will be gone until Skate Canada.
    On a positive note, I liked PJ's tweet about their programs.

https://twitter.com/skatingpj/status/253882172824510464

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast