Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I can't imagine there NOT being a rivalry between the two, each has a lot to prove. It's how they make their living, it's important to remain attractive to potential clients.

I think the three teams left in Canton will be the ones hurt the most by this and NOT because Igor (as some believe) is the better coach but because last season we saw the lead of D&W and V&M drop. I see some people write as if those two still have some big cushion from the others but the reality is in the SD the top three teams point spread was only 3 points. P&B were ONLY one point behind D&W. There is no more cushion. In articles you read many people are announcing these two teams as beatable. That all started with the great coaching duo still intact. On their own it will be so easy to say aloud over coffee during an ice break that "they can see a drop in quality, they are not as strong as they were before the coaching split". They are going to have to work so hard this season for that podium. It will be a very exciting season I think with some major upsets for at least one of these teams.
    If competition will be more close not only between two teams, but between top 5-6 teams, this will be competitions more interesting for audience.
    And this will be new motivation for V-M

vCash
    Question: What was the overall difference between the second place (D-W) and the rest at Worlds?

vCash
    Overall score
    1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 182.65 1 1
    2 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 178.62 2 2
    3 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 173.18 3 3
    4 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 166.65 4 4
    5 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 161.00 5 5
    6 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 160.62 6 6
    7 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS 150.75 9 7

vCash
    Thanks, Pani. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Thanks, Pani. We'll see what happens.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/

Pani posted the overall but when you look at the SD and FD alone and even further look at the TES and PCS you see how close it is between these top four teams in the eyes of the judges. I only point it out because some people still have the impression these two teams have a comfortable cushion and I don't think they do anymore, at all. And at least P&B and W&P show a confidence and belief they belong on that podium and I think it showed in their skating last year. And Russia is certainly doing all they can to give new life to their ice dance program. If I&K ever get their s**t together their skills could take them far. C&L had a fire lit under them last year (though personally I still don't see them in the same league as the current top four).

I personally believe V&M have a special talent and quality and feel they are the best. But my gut says it's going to be quite the exciting season and I look forward to seeing it play out. Program choice is going to be so important this season. I may not like the outcome but I´ll enjoy the suspense of the coming season. I just wish the SD wasn't such a crapshoot

vCash
    Absolutely teams will have to skate clean and on form in order to place on the podium. However, looking at the scores from last year, I think P/B received a home town halo in their scores. I would have had them a lot closer to W/P, and I'm not sure P/B will be back on the podium this year. It's not as close as one would seem to think from those scores. There is a tremendous difference in the quality of movement, finesse, skating skills, musicality in the top 2 teams vs all the rest. In my mind, there is no match in that regard to V/M especially. It's not just a few of us fans who say that....it's their competitors, other coaches, media, etc. They are a once in a generation team. One of the all-time greats.

There is 1 chink in the armour in Canton....it's making sure the teams get their levels on the SD. For V/M, twizzles, lifts, footwork are all strong and consistent. The SD levels is where they need to be careful. I don't expect timing will be an issue because they are so musical. It's about all the right steps exactly the right way. Marina is not a foolish person. I would imagine that she knows clearly, and her students know clearly, that they will need to be extra careful with levels in the SD, and others surpassed them in this area last year. I expect they will have gotten some specific help in for this. My guess is that V/M will be motivated to end on a high note with a world championship at home, and then the Olympics, while finally snagging a GPF this year or next. I can't wait to see what they have put together for this season.

vCash
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2012/

Pani posted the overall but when you look at the SD and FD alone and even further look at the TES and PCS you see how close it is between these top four teams in the eyes of the judges. I only point it out because some people still have the impression these two teams have a comfortable cushion and I don't think they do anymore, at all. (
    JMO but I think they still should have a comfortable cushion and the judges are only 'seeing' it that way because people are starting to complain about domination. But hey if you are good, you're good and V&M and D&W are still superior in my view and I love P&B and W&P but that's just what I see. Maybe this season I will see it differently.

vCash
    I can't imagine there NOT being a rivalry between the two, each has a lot to prove. It's how they make their living, it's important to remain attractive to potential clients.

I think the three teams left in Canton will be the ones hurt the most by this and NOT because Igor (as some believe) is the better coach but because last season we saw the lead of D&W and V&M drop. I see some people write as if those two still have some big cushion from the others but the reality is in the SD the top three teams point spread was only 3 points. P&B were ONLY one point behind D&W. There is no more cushion. In articles you read many people are announcing these two teams as beatable. That all started with the great coaching duo still intact. On their own it will be so easy to say aloud over coffee during an ice break that "they can see a drop in quality, they are not as strong as they were before the coaching split". They are going to have to work so hard this season for that podium. It will be a very exciting season I think with some major upsets for at least one of these teams.
    that's what I think will happen too, but instead of being excited I'm just gonna be a nervous wreck. Anyways let's see what happens in four days...excited!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    that's what I think will happen too, but instead of being excited I'm just gonna be a nervous wreck. Anyways let's see what happens in four days...excited!
    It's kind of exciting. Really can't wait to see the programs of all the Detroit teams and I&K

vCash
    It's kind of exciting. Really can't wait to see the programs of all the Detroit teams and I&K
    Yea it is, but I still want them to win. BTW does anybody know who Oleg Epstein is? He is listed as one of their coaches based on this http://www.skatecanada.ca/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2000/language/en-US/Default.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Yea it is, but I still want them to win. BTW does anybody know who is? He is listed as one of their coaches based on this http://www.skatecanada.ca/tabid/2157/sni[2797]/2000/language/en-US/Default.aspx
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news You could read about him in this article.
    He was wll known ice dance coach in USSR.
    Here you could read his profile on russian (use ggolw translation).
    The famouse skaters - Lobacheva, Aberbuch, Senemovich, Kulikova-Markov (he worked with them before TAT), he made choreo for some Lysacheck programs.
    http://www.igorksenofontov.ru/s&c/epshteyn.html
    Last edited by pani; 10-02-2012 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news You could read about him in this article.
    He was wll known ice dance coach in USSR.
    Here you could read his profile on russian (use ggolw translation).
    The famouse skaters - Lobacheva, Aberbuch, Senemovich, Kulikova-Markov (he worked with them before TAT), he made choreo for some Lysacheck programs.
    http://www.igorksenofontov.ru/s&c/epshteyn.html
    Thank you!

vCash
    So how we are close to see new programs?
    Its funny, Anna and Luca will be even in the same group at practice. Buttle of "Carmens" will start on Thursday? ))))))

vCash
    Its funny, Anna and Luca will be even in the same group at practice. Buttle of "Carmens" will start on Thursday? ))))))
    I want a diva bump to happen when Tessa and Anna pass by each other lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Hope both will be in new Carmen dresses at practice

vCash
    I somehow thing that Tessa will be in her favourite black practice outfit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    for example Tessa could ask Anna to light her cigar. everyone on the ice would stop and say woooo

vCash
    Sorry Pani, but your "Buttle" of the Carmens put a smile on my face. I realize it was meant to be battle, but I like your take on it cause it references one of my fav male skaters -- Jeff Buttle. Thanks for the chuckle!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Sorry Pani, but your "Buttle" of the Carmens put a smile on my face. I realize it was meant to be battle, but I like your take on it cause it references one of my fav male skaters -- Jeff Buttle. Thanks for the chuckle!
    Funny! Sorry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    for example Tessa could ask Anna to light her cigar. everyone on the ice would stop and say woooo

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast