Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I probably sound like a broken record and feel free to shut me up, but I really really can't wait until next week!

This pic was posted by Meyers on fanforum (originally posted on fb by Alana)--thanks guys, it's Tessa and Scott at the blue jays game they went to while they were in Toronto: http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95880803_n.jpg
    Nice pic! Scott looks amazing as usual.

vCash
    seems interesting. got this little note from ff ---

Hi people, just thought I'd share with you here that I have set up a Virtue/Moir tinychat (tinychat.com/lovevm)

It's basically just a chat room, where people chat. Thought it might be nice to have somewhere like that, for live competitions or whatever. I haven't seen one for Virtue/Moir or skating, even though I chat in them for tennis and random chats with other people.

You don't have to sign up for it or anything. You just have to put a username in, I'm not sure if it works while I'm offline though, I don't think it does. I'm going to look into if anyone else wants to 'host' it too, basically has the log in details as I'm in a different timezone to most I think. GMT. I'm 'live' now if anyone is on here and wants to come chat.lol only for about another hour though.

Or tomorrow, I will be online 'live' from 7pm GMT, just thought I'd let you know in case anyone is interested.

Oh and will be 'live' during the Finlandia Trophy competition too.

vCash
    Iggie.......you're such a great fan..you never fail to amaze me........I'm going to try to get on during Finlandia.

BTW....I asked earlier (a few pages ago ) if anyone was going to Worlds but no-one answered, so PM me if you get the chance. I'd love to meet with whoever will be there.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    thanks clarie.

vCash
    Clarie I am going to worlds.
    Wednesday to Sunday. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
    Are you going to Nats? I can only go day 1 so need someone to look after the VM banner.
    I am also not going to skate canada so if you are you can take it there. The picture sent by Pani looks great - now I only have to get some cloth and attach the vinyl to it and put a message.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Clarie I am going to worlds.
    Wednesday to Sunday. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express.
    Are you going to Nats? I can only go day 1 so need someone to look after the VM banner.
    I am also not going to skate canada so if you are you can take it there. The picture sent by Pani looks great - now I only have to get some cloth and attach the vinyl to it and put a message.
    Not going to Nats, or Skate Canada this year. I hope you find someone to look after the banner; however, at least there will be the two of use to admire it at Worlds.(and to keep an eye on it) I can't wait to see your handiwork, so maybe it will be shown on TV .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Clarie the picture was done professionally so it will only be the writing - hope its not too clumsy as I am not good at crafts. I thought I would go to Fabricland and get the material and maybe some craft place and get spray paint and stencils for the words. Or I will cut out those colourful felt pieces and glue on? If I can get alphabets ready made I will go with that!

vCash
    Clarie the picture was done professionally so it will only be the writing - hope its not too clumsy as I am not good at crafts. I thought I would go to Fabricland and get the material and maybe some craft place and get spray paint and stencils for the words. Or I will cut out those colourful felt pieces and glue on? If I can get alphabets ready made I will go with that!
    Cant wait to see! When we will have a chance?

vCash
    Pani,

next week is a long weekend so I will try and get it begun. The picture is just wonderful though its rather large - hope I dont have to cut their skates off!

vCash
    Pani,

next week is a long weekend so I will try and get it begun. The picture is just wonderful though its rather large - hope I dont have to cut their skates off!
    Hope all will be OK
    After Nebelhorn i start nervose even more. And all this talk about I-K masterpice programs, P-B masterpiec and WP masterpiece FD we will have amazing season in ice dance for watch

vCash
    Well, I don't know. At the beginning of the year, every coach & choreographer & fan dreams that all the programs are jewels, but some will still be plastic.

I am hoping that everyone's favorites have jewels this year.

So far, I'm enjoying the Yankee Polkas more than last year's Rhumbas, though, although there hasn't been a lot to look at yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Well, I don't know. At the beginning of the year, every coach & choreographer & fan dreams that all the programs are jewels, but some will still be plastic.

I am hoping that everyone's favorites have jewels this year.

So far, I'm enjoying the Yankee Polkas more than last year's Rhumbas, though, although there hasn't been a lot to look at yet.
    But for some people only there favorite skaters alwayse have jewels programs
    I could only say at this point i notice two programs i really think have potential to be a masterpice - B-S FD and Gillis-Porie FD
    Honestly i dont like polka overall. I like Zlobina-Sitnikov programs and they show real polka spirit, but on Monko-Khalyvin example i could see this dance not siute to tall teams with good long lines
    I prefer rhumba with its edges and blues. I think blues must skate senior teams and polka- juniors.

vCash
    Well, the juniors have enough trouble with the Blues-the YP is too tough for them so far. But the Blues/Hiphop and Blues/Swing have yielded some pretty decent choreography, so I hope sometime the seniors will skate that combo, if the SD isn't ditched after Sochi, which I suspect it will be.

vCash
    Well, the juniors have enough trouble with the Blues-the YP is too tough for them so far. But the Blues/Hiphop and Blues/Swing have yielded some pretty decent choreography, so I hope sometime the seniors will skate that combo, if the SD isn't ditched after Sochi, which I suspect it will be.
    This really made me hate ISU - they made this stupid SD and uplifting-rythm rules when my favorite team compete
    I think we were happy at least to see Mahler.
    Why when V-M compete they did all changes and i am sure after Sochi we will see only OD and FD without special rules about uplifting.

vCash
    Kaitlyn Weaver mentioned in the interview posted in this section that she thinks that Tessa and Scott are the best ice dancers in the world right now.

"I believe they are the most well rounded team on the circuit and incorporate not only a finely honed technical skill, but also great choreography and story telling."

vCash
    God I hope so. Not a fan of the SD overall but I must say V&M SD in 2011 wasIMO but yes too bad they can't get rid of it before Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    God I hope so. Not a fan of the SD overall but I must say V&M SD in 2011 wasIMO but yes too bad they can't get rid of it before Sochi.
    I like the SD because there is a theme and I get to see compulsories, but I'd rather go back to the three dance format.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    but I'd rather go back to the three dance format.
    Yess! I wish to see 3 dance again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yess! I wish to see 3 dance again.
    Although one change I might make would be to allow the skaters to choose their own music. That could get rid of the some of the monotony that people experienced during the compulsory dance. After all, most casual viewers can't tell anything apart anyway except for the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    After all, most casual viewers can't tell anything apart anyway except for the music.

Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast