Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tarasova said that a third party was involved in the split. in the following interview, she predicted that the 'gap will be reduced'. oh um. it wasn't just a conflict of ego's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Tarasova said that a third party was involved in the split. in the following interview, she predicted that the 'gap will be reduced'. oh um. it wasn't just a conflict of ego's.
    Who was the third party?

vCash
    It is in the interest os the ISU to lessen the gap so it is no runaway victory. Some people believe by saying the gap will lessen often enough it will surely happen and maybr it will .... but I hope it wont. VM have 2 years left and I want two victories for them!

Have D&W said anything about retiring after Sochi? Do not recall that. So if they dont win they are willing for another quadrennial?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Have D&W said anything about retiring after Sochi? Do not recall that. So if they dont win they are willing for another quadrennial?
    They haven't talked about anything after Sochi. IMO they will retire after Sochi, finish up college, and move on to the next phase of their lives.
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Who was the third party?
    Her!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    It will be busy weeks now. This week - Nebelhorn. The fight between Rhalf-Hill and Paul-Islam. What place will Monko-Khalyvin take. How will Tobais-Stagnionas FD on Rach N2 will look like? Sotnikova.

Next week -Hanyu Yuzuru , Fernandez, Weir, Nagasu, Korpi, Hubble-Donahue, Bobrova-Soloviev, C-L, V-M.
    P-B will debute there new programs at Masters, like other french skaters.
    And yes, Patrick! Hope he will show new programs in Japan!
    Yes, I too am really excited about all of this! I just hope that fans will film and put up on Youtube at least some of this, so that people like me who don't have any special accesses can also see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Her!!!
    exactly what i thought

the ones who are probably in real danger are the Shibs. i see Chock/Bates catching them at Nats. so please, no lackluster Geisha!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Her!!!
    For those of us who are knew to this kind of intrigue, am I allowed to ask who is "her!!"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    For those of us who are knew to this kind of intrigue, am I allowed to ask who is "her!!"?
    Wasn't that obvious from the posts? Tarasova herself, of course. Although that certainly was not what she meant to imply .

YEAH!
    vCash
    There's an interview with Nikita Katsalapov in GSD with some nice quotes: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85079

I consider Scott Moir the perfect partner - everything he does works out so good! When you see him on the ice - he's the rock, the man, the pillar. Any female skater would skate with him! He doesn't need any particular choreography to attract the viewers, just his energy is enough.

EV: There are many changes in the Russian ice dance this year. Did you have a chance to see the other teams and learn what you are facing?
    NK: Frankly, I didn't really want to see anything. During the test skates we practiced - we decided not participating the test skates because of Lena's shoulder injury, which prevented us from skating as we should. As for seeing the others... Don't know. There was no desire.
    I'd love to see Viture/Moir though. I always liked watching them skating. I'd also like to see Davis/White, Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje - everyone who beat us at the worlds.

vCash
    Where can we watch this nebelhorn comp? I love Ralph and Hill and I'm rooting for them!
    I hope we will see home videos from this competition! Cant wait!
    And W-P will show new programs at next week

vCash
    That's some high praise from Nikita, imo, to so openly show admiration and recognition to someone you are competing against.

It is exciting to know we will start seeing some of these programs shortly. I think it speaks to the change in the discipline of ice dance where a decade+ ago things were more strategic and political where teams showed up injured during GP events and wait until the new year to meet their rivals. Seems these days they know they need to get out their asap to get feedback so they have time to fix what needs to be fixed. Adds an element of excitement and uncertainty to a sport that used to be so predictable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    There's an interview with Nikita Katsalapov in GSD with some nice quotes: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85079

I consider Scott Moir the perfect partner - everything he does works out so good! When you see him on the ice - he's the rock, the man, the pillar. Any female skater would skate with him! He doesn't need any particular choreography to attract the viewers, just his energy is enough.

EV: There are many changes in the Russian ice dance this year. Did you have a chance to see the other teams and learn what you are facing?
    NK: Frankly, I didn't really want to see anything. During the test skates we practiced - we decided not participating the test skates because of Lena's shoulder injury, which prevented us from skating as we should. As for seeing the others... Don't know. There was no desire.
    I'd love to see Viture/Moir though. I always liked watching them skating. I'd also like to see Davis/White, Pechalat/Bourzat, Weaver/Poje - everyone who beat us at the worlds.
    That's nice! Aww, poor Tessa I think she's an amazing partner and skater too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I hope we will see home videos from this competition! Cant wait!
    And W-P will show new programs at next week
    I'm getting really excited now! Can't believe we'll see Tessa and Scott next week already, yay! And I'm excited to see Kaitlyn and Andrew's LXD inspired FD. I'm glad I'm a fan of ice dance in this era versus the one described by bmcg.

YEAH!
    vCash
    That's nice! Aww, poor Tessa I think she's an amazing partner and skater too.
    Definitely! I think he was speaking about Scott specifically as a male role model.

There does seem to be much more mutual respect among ice dancers today.... it's boring. I miss the old days and the politiking actually.

vCash
    I dunno. Saying that Scott is the perfect partner is like saying that the sky is blue.

vCash
    Isnt the sky blue?

He mentions more than that - he sees Scott as a role model in the way he shows off Tessa and even mentions his own past skating which was for himself and his own ego and how he now has to learn to be very much part of a team. He sounds genuine to me.

vCash
    Isnt the sky blue?

He mentions more than that - he sees Scott as a role model in the way he shows off Tessa and even mentions his own past skating which was for himself and his own ego and how he now has to learn to be very much part of a team. He sounds genuine to me.
    Yeah I meant that it's obvious so I don't get why everyone is so impressed that Nikita said it.

vCash
    I think they are impressed because this was not the old way. The old way would have been we are the best .... One never saw honest and upfront admiration openly it was always couched in politiking.

vCash
    I think they are impressed because this was not the old way. The old way would have been we are the best .... One never saw honest and upfront admiration openly it was always couched in politiking.
    Hm... Last season Kustarova said D-W and V-M are not the best anymore.
    Then Morozov talking about gold for I-K and how Chan is bad and all others show there maximum and I-K - only 10%. All must worry about there new programs.
    I post this becasue Cherub721 - its old World. Nothing was changed yet

vCash
    Hmm, I have to wonder why I/K gave just 10% of what they are capable of last season. To then take everyone by surprise with their 100% in Sochi? No, it can't be that because Morozov is already announcing D/W and V/M they are going to lose to I/K at the next Olympics, so the defeat to I/K doesn't come as a shock to any of them. Really really thoughtful of Nikolai. But I still haven't answered my own question, why did they?

Nothing was changed yet
    No, it hasn't and probably never will.
    Last edited by VarBar; 09-25-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast