Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    CappLanotte are competing at Nebelhorn first..we'll get to see their Carmen before TS's

edit, they're not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    People were wondering a while back ago about figure skating coverage this year in Canada, as there has been some shake up with CBC and Bold. So I fired off an email to PJ and she wrote back, she kicks ass. To the best of her knowledge, though she's by no means certain, CBC will be covering all the GP events including 4cc, Europeans, the GP Final, and Worlds. With Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals, PJ is covering them on location for CBC online. For Worlds 2013, she thinks there may be similar coverage as there was on Bold last year. Oh, and she's also going to be creating podcasts this season. PJ is a rock star.

Hope this info isn't redundant to you, it was certainly news to me. Anything that reassures me of VM coverage is welcomed news.
    Feel happy for all figure skating fans in Canada!
    Now try to find a way to see GP "live" on TV. Hope all will be OK
    Last edited by pani; 09-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    We only have a little over a week to go now. It would be so crazy if C/L and V/M happen to have similar music arrangements. (At that point I probably would find it hard to believe that both teams skating to Carmen was a coincidence after all lol).
    This will be a little scary

vCash
    I think that C&L have come a long way but keep in mind that they are nowhere near T&S. Also their styles are so different so the interpretation will be too. I think if anyone should be worried it should be them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think that C&L have come a long way but keep in mind that they are nowhere near T&S. Also their styles are so different so the interpretation will be too. I think if anyone should be worried it should be them.
    Yes, but i hope this teams will have two different "Carmen"/
    If both will have modern version (if it will be different versions) it will be very interesting for us.

vCash
    I very much doubt it was a coincidence. Carmen might be overused, but it is a bold choice, it's a classic. I'm sure Shpilband knew, these people aren't stupid, they talk potential programs years in advance. He left and not in good terms at all, I do not buy for one second that C-L picked Carmen before Shpilband took over. I do not think this was a coincidence.

Exactly. This is between Virtue and Moir and Davis and White, that's the main thing we need to remember. Those two teams are well above the others. That won't change overnight. The gap is still, what? Ten points or so? I cannot remember. But the gap is there. The others might improve and I am not even saying they CANNOT win, I'm saying it is difficult and they would need help from the top 2 to make it. V-M and C-L are not equals. People, in their excitement seem to be ignoring that fact.

vCash
    I very much doubt it was a coincidence. Carmen might be overused, but it is a bold choice, it's a classic. I'm sure Shpilband knew, these people aren't stupid, they talk potential programs years in advance. He left and not in good terms at all, I do not buy for one second that C-L picked Carmen before Shpilband took over. I do not think this was a coincidence.
    Youi know, last season i thought - its so bad "Carmen" is so overused, becasue C-L could be really good in FD on "Carmen" music.
    Tessa said this was idea for SD at first. But honestly i dont think Rachmaninov N2 were orgrnal idea for Tobais-Stagnionas FD. I feel like this was music for one team, who stay with Marina, for OG
    I could only say, if Igor did something, like this, this will not be good for him.
    But i hope he will have war with Marina, but not with his kids.

Exactly. This is between Virtue and Moir and Davis and White, that's the main thing we need to remember. Those two teams are well above the others. That won't change overnight. The gap is still, what? Ten points or so? I cannot remember. But the gap is there. The others might improve and I am not even saying they CANNOT win, I'm saying it is difficult and they would need help from the top 2 to make it. V-M and C-L are not equals. People, in their excitement seem to be ignoring that fact.
    But nobody know, how things will go after Z-Sh split up. And look, like other skaters and coaches thinking Canron teams will not be the same anymore. So we need to wait and see.

vCash
    The difference will be in the Quality of the teams themselves. The beautiful edges and lines of T&S cannot be replaced by another team. Of course IMO.

vCash
    The difference will be in the Quality of the teams themselves. The beautiful edges and lines of T&S cannot be replaced by another team. Of course IMO.
    I my opinion you are right, but not in judges opinion and a lot off fans opinion
    But will see soon, what T-S will show this season. Cant belive we will see them next week.

vCash
    Cant belive we will see them next week.
    Cannot wait for next week. Also will be seeing Patrick's program at Japan Open. So double fun for me!

vCash
    Cannot wait for next week. Also will be seeing Patrick's program at Japan Open. So double fun for me!
    It will be busy weeks now. This week - Nebelhorn. The fight between Rhalf-Hill and Paul-Islam. What place will Monko-Khalyvin take. How will Tobais-Stagnionas FD on Rach N2 will look like? Sotnikova.

Next week -Hanyu Yuzuru , Fernandez, Weir, Nagasu, Korpi, Hubble-Donahue, Bobrova-Soloviev, C-L, V-M.
    P-B will debute there new programs at Masters, like other french skaters.
    And yes, Patrick! Hope he will show new programs in Japan!

vCash
    We will have a couple of weeks of skating after the drought!

vCash
    We will have a couple of weeks of skating after the drought!

But we had JGP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I read somewhere that they had their FD choreographed before they went to Shpilband.
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    I read somewhere that they had their FD choreographed before they went to Shpilband.
    There was talk of C-L joining Canton even before the season started. Contact was made and agreements were reached before Igor left.

vCash
    There was talk of C-L joining Canton even before the season started. Contact was made and agreements were reached before Igor left.
    But V-M wasnt in Canton more then mounth after WCh (i think maybe 6 weeks) and if other teams start made programs with Igor, they didnt.

vCash
    Carmen wasn't an idea than came up after Worlds, I don't think so. It must have been something they discussed before. Look, all I'm saying is that I doubt it was a coincidence. But I also think people are all about the two Carmens as if C-L and V-M were this legendary rivalry when that is not the case. There is a gap there. I'm cautious, but I'm not blind.

vCash
    C/L have a history of skating to music Canton teams also used or were planning to use. If D/W hadn't dumped their La Strada program and switched to Die Fledermaus, D/W and C/L would have danced to the same theme last season, wouldn't they?

vCash

Oops sorry didn't mean to start anything, what I said about the coincidence thing was a joke. And I honestly believe that it really was a coincidence, I would hate to think it wasn't. Lol I'm pretty sure people know that C/L and V/M aren't on the same level, but why can't we be excited about seeing both programs anyways? I enjoy both teams and I can't wait see how they tackle Carmen in their own ways!
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I could only say, if Igor did something, like this, this will not be good for him.
    But i hope he will have war with Marina, but not with his kids.

But nobody know, how things will go after Z-Sh split up. And look, like other skaters and coaches thinking Canron teams will not be the same anymore. So we need to wait and see.
    It really is a shame, wish they could have worked it out. And I feel the same way you do, I think the gap between the top two and the rest is gonna shorten this season, but it's still all speculation we'll have to see if it actually does.
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    It will be busy weeks now. This week - Nebelhorn. The fight between Rhalf-Hill and Paul-Islam. What place will Monko-Khalyvin take. How will Tobais-Stagnionas FD on Rach N2 will look like? Sotnikova.
    Where can we watch this nebelhorn comp? I love Ralph and Hill and I'm rooting for them!

vCash
    as Norman Stansfield would say, 'I enjoy these calm little
    moments before the storm'

Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast