Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Pani, some times the only intelligent conversations are those we have with ourselves! welcome to the club.....

Other than in the recent pictures for USFS D&W do not look like a couple at all. That image of him panting for breath on the ice and Meryl just standing there waiting for him to get up and hug her and the Olys is always in my mind. I am sure if they are asked whether they are in couple its beause that its the standard question for pairs/dance teams and also because they have been together for such a long time.

With T&S there is always a look, a nod of the head, hand holding and of course the hug. Their problem is they look so GOOD together thats why people always hope that they are/will be a couple.

I think in an interview Scott mentioned a jacket given to him by an ex girlfriend thats why people thought that Jessica and he were no longer together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I think in an interview Scott mentioned a jacket given to him by an ex girlfriend thats why people thought that Jessica and he were no longer together.
    And because people didnt saw them together in Nice. So this is only speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    A great pleasure to talk with myself
    Haha that was funny! But tbh I did think it was you and I was thinking, wow this is cray lol then I realized it wasn't you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Haha that was funny! But tbh I did think it was you and I was thinking, wow this is cray lol then I realized it wasn't you.
    There are a lot off pani in the internet

vCash
    There are a lot off pani in the internet
    Um I'm not sure what this means. Are there a lot of posters that mimic you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Um I'm not sure what this means. Are there a lot of posters that mimic you?
    O, its joke. A lot off people thinking thats me under different nickes

vCash
    Are this hurt D-W fans if nobody ask them are they couple off-ice?
    A great pleasure to talk with myself
    It's always a pleasure to talk to oneself.

The obsession of some people though is alarming.I don't think it really has to do with how V/M marketed themselves.Ice dancing has always been like that ,with the exception of sibling teams.It's part of the sport, speculation, questions,fans that want the passions shown on ice to be real,etc.All the couples get asked if they are together off ice.We have a commentator on greek tv that always mentions if a couple is a couple of the ice and finds it perfectly normal as well.Maybe because back in the 60s and 70s most of the couples were either married couples or member of the same family.

The problem with V/M is that some fans weren't there for the skating from day one.The Olympics always draw such audiences,and since they didn't retire afterwards the speculation continued.And Mahler was a program that can inspire such speculation especially to the general skating fan.

For me it's totally different to be a skating fan and also be interested on the " are they together or not" topic than be a "shipper" and just be there for the romance.And on the other hand,a lot of "shippers" became real fans during these past two years,so skating won in most of the cases.

Meryl and Charlie get asked,Nathalie and Fabian get asked,Kaitlyn and Andrew,I remember a russian journalist even asking B/S back in May.Nobody escapes the question eventually.

But the existence of rumours that are beyond any rational explanation and clearly indicate other kind of issues is something that nobody deserves,and the way some fans react make skating fans distantiate themselves.And this is bad for skaters of V/M's caliber.They should be respected first and foremost.

vCash
    with the exception of sibling team
    What about incest?
    I agree with all your post. And when two young people dancing together and play in love on ice people evere will ne imaging they are together off-ice too
    And yes, i think its good for V-M to any jind of fans, but i feel like some fans were dissapointed they are not together and thats why made some agressive posts in internet.
    So i think for us skating is most important thing, no?

vCash
    when pani said that it was a pleasure talking to herself, note that she was responding to inap.. pani backwards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    and wouldnt all those pesky questions about their relationship somehow subside if tessa and scott would be more forthright about the people that they are actually seeing/dating? like what charlie and tanith are doing? isnt scott dating jessica dube? if that's so, and if people actually know about it, wouldnt people respect that relationship? if i were in jessica's place, i would be a bit hurt if people would keep asking my bf if he were seeing another girl. and scott himself, he should know better by simply saying that he's dating jessica dube.

and with charlie and tanith being more forthright with their relationship, people dont ask charlie and meryl as much if they're a couple off ice.
    Scott and Jessica actually broke ip

vCash
    Thought it was interesting that Meryl said in the interview that many ice dancers date... I truly can't think of that many! People speculate about Tessa and Scott, as well as Katelyn and Andrew...but other than a few confirmed couples (Elena/Nikita at least did date, Madison Hubbell and Zac Donohue are I believe) it's really not that frequent...

I'll admit one of the reasons I love Tessa and Scott is their romantic touch, but while I wish they were a couple, I'd love their skating regardless. The true reason I follow them is that they are just so damn good!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Scott and Jessica actually broke ip
    even when they were still dating, scott wasnt as forthcoming about that. i guess, as what pani said, he was protecting jessica from negative publicity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post

Meryl and Charlie get asked,Nathalie and Fabian get asked,Kaitlyn and Andrew,I remember a russian journalist even asking B/S back in May.Nobody escapes the question eventually.

Lol isn't Dima married with a kid? (Unless it's secretly Ekaterina Bobrova's but they used Dima's wife as a surrogate)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    What a silly argument. It has been announced they are skating at Finnlandia, SC and CoR. I imagine GPF, 4CC and Worlds announcements would be made when they are actually assigned and/or qualify, it would be cocky to announce it ahead of time . We've seen video from HPC announcing music choices so that box is checked and I think it's safe to assume that they are somewhat happy with their training as they are going to start competing in two weeks. They also "warn" you in those short videos that you might not like the polka they had to insert in their SD and that their FD is quite challenging so expect it to take the season to perfect. <--My interpretation of course.

I don't visit skater websites. I'm the type of fan who is all about the skating and visit competition websites, results pages, ISU site. And FSU because I figure if there is any interesting gossip to hear it'll end up here. I also think we've had enough clues over the years that V&M do not have social media as a high priority and that Tessa (at least) might in fact take to heart the idea that skaters and their families should never visit sites like FSU. I think for skaters like V&M, Chan, Pluschenko, K&S etc.. who get more than their fair share of hate online should avoid it. Anything useful that they might pick up from conversations between skating fans can be filtered to them. For me their job is to skate and depending on your sensitivities it might be hard to concentrate on that if you spend too much time interacting online and having to deal with so much negativity.

I'd rather they stayed strong mentally and continued to train and win than to know what they ate for breakfast or answer for the millionth time what their relationship status is. Consider for a moment if you as a fan are tired of protecting them how exhausting it might be for them to have to do that. I think they should stay offline personally.

Finally some people just aren't into this whole social media phenom. You have to keep in mind that while you might be addicted to facebook, twitter etc.. other people have checked out these things and decided it isn't for them and resist. Personally I admire in general anyone who can resist these sites and gets outside and lives their lives instead of sitting somewhere hunched over typing away their lives on cellphones or computers. I'm not one of those yet. I strive to be but I'm still addicted to the internet. Baby steps for me are no more facebook and resisting twitter. There are some benefits to twitter that I recognize such as getting a phonecall yesterday from child asking if I could go online to find out why they had been stuck at the same traffic light for 15 minutes. Within seconds I could tell them of an accident and to pull out a book and study while she waited But the useful moments of twitter are far outweighed by the pointless and often nasty BS that goes on. People getting into arguments and fights over misunderstandings because the typed word has little context and things get blown out of proportion. Minor disagreements turn into full blown arguments as one tweets or posts their impulsive feeling at that moment and everyone and their dog decides to pick sides and give opinions. There are a lot of reasons to avoid these places and if you know your strengths and weaknesses you have to do what is best for you.
    Love this post! Personally I hate facebook, twitter etc. If you like it fine but why expect everyone else to join you. Just because T&S are skaters they are some how obligated to share all the intimate details of their lives? Sorry, no. All they are obligated to do is their job, skate, some interviews, PR. Every thing else is up to them, don't like it too bad, don't watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Lol isn't Dima married with a kid? (Unless it's secretly Ekaterina Bobrova's but they used Dima's wife as a surrogate)
    I remember he was married in 2008 and I think he was 17.

Those dating questions are traditional thing for journalists. Its like with movies that sell off the romance between lead actors. *Twilight*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post

Those dating questions are traditional thing for journalists. Its like with movies that sell off the romance between lead actors. *Twilight*
    I don't know if he's still married , but he's certainly not with Ekaterina
    Journalists will probably ask these kind of questions to anyone that hasn't got the same parents

Absolutely agree with the Twilight comment though

edited to add: What intrigues me the most about V/M Carmen is the music cuts and the pieces they're going to use.And the overall tone of the program.Will they go for the lighter pieces vs the darker ones?(I hope for the second)
    Last edited by zotza; 09-23-2012 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    edited to add: What intrigues me the most about V/M Carmen is the music cuts and the pieces they're going to use.And the overall tone of the program.Will they go for the lighter pieces vs the darker ones?(I hope for the second)
    Like i understand, C-L will have darker Carmen version with using Radion Shedring arregment. So i am not sure about Tessa and Scott. Still no information at SC site.

vCash
    In their HPC interview Tessa said that the music is so powerful and dramatic, something they have't done before, so I assume that means the darker side of the opera. Can't wait to see it. But i am sure that it will be . I will love it no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Wow that's so young! I can't imagine being married at 25, let alone 17. My friend got married earlier this year and she was 21 on her wedding day. While I was very happy for her and she and husband are obviously in love I just kept thinking how I wouldn't have been able to go through with it lol...runaway bride.
    Like i understand, C-L will have darker Carmen version with using Radion Shedring arregment. So i am not sure about Tessa and Scott. Still no information at SC site.
    We only have a little over a week to go now. It would be so crazy if C/L and V/M happen to have similar music arrangements. (At that point I probably would find it hard to believe that both teams skating to Carmen was a coincidence after all lol).

vCash
    People were wondering a while back ago about figure skating coverage this year in Canada, as there has been some shake up with CBC and Bold. So I fired off an email to PJ and she wrote back, she kicks ass. To the best of her knowledge, though she's by no means certain, CBC will be covering all the GP events including 4cc, Europeans, the GP Final, and Worlds. With Skate Canada and Canadian Nationals, PJ is covering them on location for CBC online. For Worlds 2013, she thinks there may be similar coverage as there was on Bold last year. Oh, and she's also going to be creating podcasts this season. PJ is a rock star.

Hope this info isn't redundant to you, it was certainly news to me. Anything that reassures me of VM coverage is welcomed news.

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast