Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1038
  1. #241
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    True. And I'm sorry I know it is a sensitive topic people like to stay clear of and I'm not trying to belittle those that believe in the theories, but the child thing is so ridiculous to me. There is not one ounce of evidence except pics of a flat bellied Tessa, but she is somehow supposed to be 8 months pregnant.
    I know Tessa gained a little weight in 2010, but she needed part of that, and in no way did she ever look pregnant, much less in the later stages of pregnancy. There's just so much there that makes zero sense. I do wonder if the psycho/psychotic blogger has an actual mental problem of some sort besides just wanting to be mean.


    IDK that's what she said on ff that she will support other teams now.
    She'll be back.

  2. #242

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I know Tessa gained a little weight in 2010, but she needed part of that, and in no way did she ever look pregnant, much less in the later stages of pregnancy. There's just so much there that makes zero sense. I do wonder if the psycho/psychotic blogger has an actual mental problem of some sort besides just wanting to be mean.




    She'll be back.
    But she has so many supporters--the blogger that is.

  3. #243
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    But she has so many supporters--the blogger that is.
    I'm not sure that a good chunk of those anonymous comments aren't the blogger having a conversation with itself.

    I can see the blogger's adamancy convincing a few people, but so much of what it says just defies logic.

  4. #244
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have never visited that blog you are talking about and given all that is being discussed here, I don't think I want to.

    I do want to, however, comment on Scott's Facebook page. Some of you are saying that it was weird how he made this page all about himself and never included Tessa. Are you serious? Tessa was all over that page, it clearly was a page made for fans of both athletes. He even updated his profile picture regularly, and most of the time it was a picture with Tessa.

    I don't think the blog, blogger, whatever, influenced his decision to shut it down, then again, I haven't read it so maybe I am understimating the power of this person. Maybe he received a few nasty messages? Maybe now that they have a web site he decided that the Facebook page was pointless? Maybe... why is this important anyway? They are private people, clearly they love keeping it that way. As a fan, I do not feel slighted in any way, I don't feel they owe me a day-to-day recount of their activities. I just do not care as long as there is relevant information with regard to their careers. I fail to see why this is an issue or the lack of PR is an issue. They are not athletes in serious need of PR, they are fine.

  5. #245
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    554
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^^^^ Agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    But she has so many supporters--the blogger that is.
    The world is filled with gossip vacuums. The tabloids stay in business because of them. At least one poster on that blog was clearly a D/W uber.

    After Tessa had her surgery, she would have been much less active. I have heard athletes can consume as much as 10000 calories per day, since they burn it away quickly. Tessa likely had to be on a strict diet after her surgery (easier said than done, as many over-weight people can testify), it would make sense she would gain some weight (for the better IMO). It must be rough for athletes who retire and suddenly become less active. They would need to be on a diet, or blow up into a blimp. However most athletes probably remain reasonably active, because it is a life style to which they are accustom.

  6. #246

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I have never visited that blog you are talking about and given all that is being discussed here, I don't think I want to.

    I do want to, however, comment on Scott's Facebook page. Some of you are saying that it was weird how he made this page all about himself and never included Tessa. Are you serious? Tessa was all over that page, it clearly was a page made for fans of both athletes. He even updated his profile picture regularly, and most of the time it was a picture with Tessa.

    I don't think the blog, blogger, whatever, influenced his decision to shut it down, then again, I haven't read it so maybe I am understimating the power of this person. Maybe he received a few nasty messages? Maybe now that they have a web site he decided that the Facebook page was pointless? Maybe... why is this important anyway? They are private people, clearly they love keeping it that way. As a fan, I do not feel slighted in any way, I don't feel they owe me a day-to-day recount of their activities. I just do not care as long as there is relevant information with regard to their careers. I fail to see why this is an issue or the lack of PR is an issue. They are not athletes in serious need of PR, they are fine.
    Nobody has said he made the page about himself though. The only person that touched on that was me and if you reread my comment again what I said is I thought it was a bit weird that the fb page was only "Scott Moir's" page versus "Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir's" page, which isn't a big deal at all, just found it a bit weird. And when I say he made it too personable, I don't mean he didn't include Tessa in his page, but that there was no boundary on that page, so some fans felt they could go on there and write really awkward things and got their feelings hurt when he wasn't updating as much as they liked.

    Look Tessa and Scott don't owe anybody anything, they don't have to appease their fans by updating their lives for us and I think it's over the top that some people would be offended to the point of not wanting to be their fans anymore. But at the same time they are public figures (obviously not to the extent of mainstream celebs) so I don't think having an outlet where they can condense relevant information and update it regularly, is asking for too much. If they are able to achieve that with their new website, then fantastic.

    The timing of Scott shutting down the page makes me think it had something to do with the fans that have been complaining about the lack of update on his page, since he basically addressed most of those complaints in his post. But I mean it could all just be a coincidence.

    Anyway whatevs, lets just move on from this. I can't wait for Finlandia. I'm really interested to see their program in comparison to C/L's.

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,449
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    random ... was watching a great singer on youtube sing a taste of honey when i read this comment and thought of tessa and scott and carmen

    Lizz Wright has this uncanny talent of taking a song that's been sung upways, downways, sideways and still make it sound soo fresh like it was written for her or that she wrote it herself and find a new direction to take that song to.  Well, frankly I think any old song is lucky to be sung by Lizz.

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    A girlfriend posted this in the facebook addicted group and i wanted to share it all with you. "Some people in other forums (FF, FSU) and that stupid blog are getting really really mad at Scott for "shutting down" his page - i would like to just state something that i dont know if everyone is honestly considering, and i dont want to do it in all those places, i am just going to do it here since most of the people in those places come here too - they are not Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber - Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber and the like are in a completely different realm - they got where they are because of the fans, they have all their millions because of the fans - and without the fans they would be nothing as they have said themselves. Their fans are their meal ticket and that is why there is so much more fan outreach from them.
    Scott and Tessa work their butts off day in and day out to get the marks they need to earn their stay in their world, and despite being a sort of famous, they dont "need" the fans like Gaga and Beiber do. Now i dont want the "need" to be taken the wrong way, Tessa and Scott are stupendously grateful for their fans, as they have said time and time again, and i think anyone who has ever met them knows that ten fold, also they wouldnt do meet and greets ect if they didnt appreciate us, the fans... but we dont have anything to do with them winning, or earning their keep, that is all on them and is part of the reason we love them so."

  9. #249

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    "Some people in other forums (FF, FSU) and that stupid blog are getting really really mad at Scott for "shutting down
    who is going mad? Realy funny.
    And i cant understand, why "people from other forums" have been identified with someone "stupid blog"
    Yes, with this PR they not only never could be Lady Gaga , but even W-P
    Its there choice, so why people, who was names "stupid" couldnt have there own choice?
    Did you realize, they still need to do some promotion for SC, for WCh in London ect. They MUST be a role model for young canadian skaters, no?
    But maybe its just me, because i never understand, why Protopopovs still skating, but never had stuidents and didnt gave all there knowloges to them.

    I agree with thoughts about they lost some fans before, because of there PR.
    People spend a lot of money on tikets, hotels, transportation, even on TV-DVD things, So maybe they could ask to have information about will some skaters be at some competitions or no, not like this was in 2010-2011 season

    And i am not going mad, just, like i said before, i was tired them to protect
    Last edited by pani; 09-21-2012 at 11:42 AM.

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    who is going mad? Realy funny.
    And i cant understand, why "people from other forums" have been identified with someone "stupid blog" - she wasn't identifying them as all in one.
    Yes, with this PR they not only never could be Lady Gaga , but even W-P - *as was stated, they will never be lady gaga because they are in two different industries, that was the point of her post, to get us to see that fact.*
    Its there choice, so why people, who was names "stupid" couldnt have there own choice? - *She was calling the blog stupid, not individual people.*
    Did you realize, they still need to do some promotion for SC, for WCh in London ect. They MUST be a role model for young canadian skaters, no? *i dont know how to answer this - boy it really seems like you are trying to provoke an argument Pani....*
    But maybe its just me, because i never understand, why Protopopovs still skating, but never had stuidents and did gave all there knologes to them.

    I agree with thoughts about they lost some fans before, because of there PR.
    People spend a lot of money on tikets, hotels, transportation, even on TV-DVD things, So maybe they could ask to have information about will some skaters be at some competitions or no, not like this was in 2010-2011 season

    And i am not going mad, just, like i said before, i was tired them to protect
    WOW - all of my answers to your questions have 2 stars - *one before my answer and one after* LIKE SO

  11. #251

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    OK. I was one, who asked not post negative thing in V-M thread
    But i still done understand what kind of fans V- need and how they will choose who could be there fan

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    What a silly argument. It has been announced they are skating at Finnlandia, SC and CoR. I imagine GPF, 4CC and Worlds announcements would be made when they are actually assigned and/or qualify, it would be cocky to announce it ahead of time . We've seen video from HPC announcing music choices so that box is checked and I think it's safe to assume that they are somewhat happy with their training as they are going to start competing in two weeks. They also "warn" you in those short videos that you might not like the polka they had to insert in their SD and that their FD is quite challenging so expect it to take the season to perfect. <--My interpretation of course.

    I don't visit skater websites. I'm the type of fan who is all about the skating and visit competition websites, results pages, ISU site. And FSU because I figure if there is any interesting gossip to hear it'll end up here. I also think we've had enough clues over the years that V&M do not have social media as a high priority and that Tessa (at least) might in fact take to heart the idea that skaters and their families should never visit sites like FSU. I think for skaters like V&M, Chan, Pluschenko, K&S etc.. who get more than their fair share of hate online should avoid it. Anything useful that they might pick up from conversations between skating fans can be filtered to them. For me their job is to skate and depending on your sensitivities it might be hard to concentrate on that if you spend too much time interacting online and having to deal with so much negativity.

    I'd rather they stayed strong mentally and continued to train and win than to know what they ate for breakfast or answer for the millionth time what their relationship status is. Consider for a moment if you as a fan are tired of protecting them how exhausting it might be for them to have to do that. I think they should stay offline personally.

    Finally some people just aren't into this whole social media phenom. You have to keep in mind that while you might be addicted to facebook, twitter etc.. other people have checked out these things and decided it isn't for them and resist. Personally I admire in general anyone who can resist these sites and gets outside and lives their lives instead of sitting somewhere hunched over typing away their lives on cellphones or computers. I'm not one of those yet. I strive to be but I'm still addicted to the internet. Baby steps for me are no more facebook and resisting twitter. There are some benefits to twitter that I recognize such as getting a phonecall yesterday from child asking if I could go online to find out why they had been stuck at the same traffic light for 15 minutes. Within seconds I could tell them of an accident and to pull out a book and study while she waited But the useful moments of twitter are far outweighed by the pointless and often nasty BS that goes on. People getting into arguments and fights over misunderstandings because the typed word has little context and things get blown out of proportion. Minor disagreements turn into full blown arguments as one tweets or posts their impulsive feeling at that moment and everyone and their dog decides to pick sides and give opinions. There are a lot of reasons to avoid these places and if you know your strengths and weaknesses you have to do what is best for you.

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    On a ship
    Posts
    899
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    good post, bmcg! the social network mania is the product of artificial and natural forces inside modern mankind: alienation (artificial) plus narcisism (natural)
    I also totally agree with you, Golightly!
    i think we are all bored for the long waiting!

  14. #254

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    581
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    What a silly argument. It has been announced they are skating at Finnlandia, SC and CoR. I imagine GPF, 4CC and Worlds announcements would be made when they are actually assigned and/or qualify, it would be cocky to announce it ahead of time . We've seen video from HPC announcing music choices so that box is checked and I think it's safe to assume that they are somewhat happy with their training as they are going to start competing in two weeks. They also "warn" you in those short videos that you might not like the polka they had to insert in their SD and that their FD is quite challenging so expect it to take the season to perfect. <--My interpretation of course.

    I don't visit skater websites. I'm the type of fan who is all about the skating and visit competition websites, results pages, ISU site. And FSU because I figure if there is any interesting gossip to hear it'll end up here. I also think we've had enough clues over the years that V&M do not have social media as a high priority and that Tessa (at least) might in fact take to heart the idea that skaters and their families should never visit sites like FSU. I think for skaters like V&M, Chan, Pluschenko, K&S etc.. who get more than their fair share of hate online should avoid it. Anything useful that they might pick up from conversations between skating fans can be filtered to them. For me their job is to skate and depending on your sensitivities it might be hard to concentrate on that if you spend too much time interacting online and having to deal with so much negativity.

    I'd rather they stayed strong mentally and continued to train and win than to know what they ate for breakfast or answer for the millionth time what their relationship status is. Consider for a moment if you as a fan are tired of protecting them how exhausting it might be for them to have to do that. I think they should stay offline personally.
    I very much agree with everything you posted, Bmcg.

  15. #255

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Social network is very good thing for people, who had problems with finding freinds in real life, who had problems with socialization - for example for people with the limited possibilities.
    There you could find friends with the same interests, because not always it could be done in real life.
    This made easy your communication with friends and family who is not in your city, country now.
    Socail network could be used for pay free advertisement, promotion.
    So a lot off positive thing.
    One problem - main part of your life must be real, not virtual. And you must not cross this line. And its difficult for a lot of people to not do this.
    But its not about V-M PR. If you say they didnt read internet, how this problems with FB page could be connected with someone blog or what people talking about them in internet?

  16. #256

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,921
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I can see the blogger's adamancy convincing a few people, but so much of what it says just defies logic.
    I don't know. Her theory that SC wanted to market a relationship between V/M, that V/M didn't want to do it, and so they came up with something else, makes sense to me.

    I don't understand why SC and V/M's PR team focus on the V/M relationship, when that isn't their biggest selling point. It's weird and frustrating.

    As many have already mentioned, a good PR team could manage V/M's social media presence completely, leaving V/M to focus on skating, and whatever else they choose.

    V/M have had years to get a good PR team together. It can't be that hard, as most elite skaters already have good PR teams in place. Therefore I have to assume that V/M's PR is exactly as they want it.
    Last edited by sap5; 09-21-2012 at 04:17 PM.

  17. #257

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I don't understand why SC and V/M's PR team focus on the V/M relationship, when that isn't their biggest selling point.
    Maybe this is stupid, but i alwayse thought Marina did this image for them, because she see GG in them

  18. #258
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I don't know. Her theory that SC wanted to market a relationship between V/M, that V/M didn't want to do it, and so they came up with something else, makes sense to me.

    I don't understand why SC and V/M's PR team focus on the V/M relationship, when that isn't their biggest selling point. It's weird and frustrating.

    As many have already mentioned, a good PR team could manage V/M's social media presence completely, leaving V/M to focus on whatever they choose.

    V/M have had years to get a good PR team together. It can't be that hard, as most elite skaters already have good PR teams in place. Therefore I have to assume that V/M's PR is exactly as they want it.
    I was more talking about the imaginary sekret kid that supposedly hundreds of people know about. It defies logic that that many people could know about a kid and that information not make it to the outside world, especially given how gossip spreads in figure skating.

    Bmcg, I want to positive rep you for that post, but it won't let me right now. I absolutely 100% agree with everything you said.

  19. #259
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The secret kid theory is so outrageous and far-fetched. I don't even know the arguments they used to back it up, but what surprises me the most is that there's not just one, but many people out there who believe what this person is saying. I cannot comprehend how that is possible. How? Does anyone here believe it? It's stupid.

    I do agree that SC has tried to play the "will-they-won't-they" card to their advantage, I think Tessa and Scott hinted at it in their book when they said that SC threw them together more often when they weren't exactly on great terms, but I believe they aren't too comfortable with it.

  20. #260

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,566
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    The secret kid theory is so outrageous and far-fetched. I don't even know the arguments they used to back it up, but what surprises me the most is that there's not just one, but many people out there who believe what this person is saying. I cannot comprehend how that is possible. How? Does anyone here believe it? It's stupid.
    .
    Could we left this out from FSU

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •