Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    B-S did there debute of SD at competitions in Russia. They get only 65,48
    http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1213/1cr/SEG007.HTM
    Low technikal mark. Maybe missed levels at pattern?
    Hmm what did they get last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Hmm what did they get last year?
    Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhdlpywbiE&feature=plcp

vCash
    interesting. i'm liking many of the sd's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    sorry, but with that signature you can't certainly blame others for "bashing" your favorites, Theatergirl *shrugs*
    A) I'm not blaming anyone for bashing my favorites. I don't feel that my favorites have been "bashed". I'm blaming pani for acting like if she runs in here no one will be able to see her.
    B) the signature is a joke. It was funny. It is from a funny conversation using quotes from the big bang theory. And the only people who would take my signiture as a I sign that I "hate" Tessa and Scott or as "bashing" Tessa and Scott are the same kind of people who would get up in arms over the thread title being "it's a piss off". Aka: people who can't handle a joke about their favorite skater every once in a while.

I have no desire to come in here and talk about Meryl and Charlie. I will talk about them in the Meryl and Charlie thread. The uber threads should be for the ubers. Which is why the only time I've posted in here was when I was excited about Tessa and Scott's SD music. The only reason I am posting in here now is because Pani's attempt to "rally the V&M troops" or whatever to find videos of obscure ice dancers using Notre Dame de Paris in order to win an argument no one but her is having is ridiculous. When V&M's music was announced, you didn't see a bunch of D&W fans come in here to post every video of anyone ever skating to Carmen, did you? It seems we might be extended the same respect whatever you think of our favorite skaters. But obviously I have no power to make anyone do anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    A) I'm not blaming anyone for bashing my favorites. I don't feel that my favorites have been "bashed". I'm blaming pani for acting like if she runs in here no one will be able to see her.
    B) the signature is a joke. It was funny. It is from a funny conversation using quotes from the big bang theory. And the only people who would take my signiture as a I sign that I "hate" Tessa and Scott or as "bashing" Tessa and Scott are the same kind of people who would get up in arms over the thread title being "it's a piss off". Aka: people who can't handle a joke about their favorite skater every once in a while.

I have no desire to come in here and talk about Meryl and Charlie. I will talk about them in the Meryl and Charlie thread. The uber threads should be for the ubers. Which is why the only time I've posted in here was when I was excited about Tessa and Scott's SD music. The only reason I am posting in here now is because Pani's attempt to "rally the V&M troops" or whatever to find videos of obscure ice dancers using Notre Dame de Paris in order to win an argument no one but her is having is ridiculous. When V&M's music was announced, you didn't see a bunch of D&W fans come in here to post every video of anyone ever skating to Carmen, did you? It seems we might be extended the same respect whatever you think of our favorite skaters. But obviously I have no power to make anyone do anything.
    How many words

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I enjoy subtle irony and a good joke as much as anyone, Theatregirl. Your signature, in my opinion, is neither funny, nor in good taste. And I'm not saying this because, as a V/M uber, I can't handle others making fun of them. (I was actually quite amused by the "piss off" title). To me, it feels offensive and, as it turns out, I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

You are right, though, that people should lighten up here a little. The season hasn't even begun and we already fight about programs we haven't even seen.

vCash
    I agree about lightening up and maybe not run to the other thread posting video links None of the Canton teams have original music it seems (if the Notre Dame rumour is true). It's what they do with the music and their programs that will be interesting. V&M and the Shibs seem to be working closely with another choreographer alongside Marina that give a clue where they are going with their programs so it will be interesting to see who D&W are working with as I assume they will try something different from the obvious.

vCash
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of using a piece of music as "overused" as Carmen, if they are indeed doing a modern dance version. For all the millions of times Carmen has been used in figure skating, it's almost always the same sort of way -- over the top facial expressions, same kinds of movements, etc. If they are able to move to and show Carmen in a completely new way, that could have more of an impact than if they had picked an entirely obscure piece of music and did a modern dance to it. Everything depends on the choreography. Looking forward to it!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of using a piece of music as "overused" as Carmen, if they are indeed doing a modern dance version. For all the millions of times Carmen has been used in figure skating, it's almost always the same sort of way -- over the top facial expressions, same kinds of movements, etc. If they are able to move to and show Carmen in a completely new way, that could have more of an impact than if they had picked an entirely obscure piece of music and did a modern dance to it. Everything depends on the choreography. Looking forward to it!
    That's pretty much exactly where I am right now. I think you all know how much I disliked the idea when the rumor first leaked. In my head, I was picturing V/M doing the same sort of Carmen program that's been done countless times before. After seeing those pictures and hearing that they're working with a modern dance choreographer, I have hopes that this is not going to be Carmen as it's been done all of those times before.

If I'm being honest with myself, when I look back at my favorite ice dance programs from the past 20 something years, it's the way the ice dancers moved and their choreography that I remember far more than the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveitaly View Post
    Well, it's not "more than that" but kind of "it could be anything else".
    I read those comments, an anonymous wrote: "oh, if only Carmen could be very similar to Farrucas!" and the blogger answered: "there was someone who was talking about Farrucas's movements watching Carmen in Canton, but it could be easly anything else".
    This is the correct meaning/translation.
    It's not an "inside information", it's just what the blogger reported from what was said on the internet.
    Just to clarify, I'm italian
    Thanks for clarifying and welcome aboard! So, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, how's the Italian online figure skating fandom reacting to this upcoming C/L vs VM Battle of the Carmens? (C/L vs V/M BotCs? ) Not making a poll or anything just curious about how skating fans from different countries react I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    ...After seeing those pictures and hearing that they're working with a modern dance choreographer, I have hopes that this is not going to be Carmen as it's been done all of those times before.
    I hate to be in Jennifer Swan's place right now.

vCash
    Having read Pani and Theatregirl's ongoing love notes, I have a suggestion that I hope some of the other posters might find acceptable. They agree to start their own thread "Love/hate relationships of Trash Can" and keep it out of this thread. Pani I love your posts but don't really care for this relationship in T/S thread Please can we stick to loving T/S

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    Having read Pani and Theatregirl's ongoing love notes, I have a suggestion that I hope some of the other posters might find acceptable. They agree to start their own thread "Love/hate relationships of Trash Can" and keep it out of this thread. Pani I love your posts but don't really care for this relationship in T/S thread Please can we stick to loving T/S
    it won't work. half of the pleasure of arguing in boards come from 'breaking the status quo' once in a while. all i can say is that at least in pani's posts there is always a vein of irony.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ipzpb8A2IoI

It is going to be modern Carmen! Marvellous.
    Thanks for posting this. I'm really excited to see this program and their SD.
    Honestly I just came to check out if there were any new stuff from HPC and instead I got a lot of posts on irrelevant stuff. I was seriously thinking what the hell is all this?!
    it won't work. half of the pleasure of arguing in boards come from 'breaking the status quo' once in a while. all i can say is that at least in pani's posts there is always a vein of irony.
    IDK, it might be pleasurable for you, but I don't think it is for a lot of people; I think it's petty and childish tbh. And Pani what exactly are you trying to accomplish when you go into the thread of skaters you've stated emphatically that you dislike, if not to stir up trouble? It's annoying.

vCash
    Wholly agree, Shayii.

And agree with your Carmen points, sap5 and aka gerbil.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I used to visit a soccer board during the World Cup that actually had a "rivalries" section of the board for people to slag off each the rival team/country so they could keep the dumb stuff out of the main board. I think it would be hilarious to have a thread on FSU where people could just go at it for sport, no neg rep allowed.

vCash
    Last edited by iggie; 09-11-2012 at 11:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I´m guessing from what they did and didn't say that they chose some generic polka music to shove in there to satisfy the requirement and then quickly switch back to good music.
    they REALLY should use this then! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIev...e_gdata_player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    interesting. i'm liking many of the sd's.
    Yes - I thought that I won't like the polka SDs, but there seems to be more variety and character in them than in those latin SDs. I haven't even encountered identical music choices so far. Sure, there are many country songs, bur at least they're not the same songs. And there are even some SDs with a storyline.

I wish they would have chosen a different road - to try and find some more interesting (or at least nice) polka, as some other teams have done.
    Last edited by lauravvv; 09-12-2012 at 01:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    I wish they would have chosen a different road - to try and find some more interesting (or at least nice) polka, as some other teams have done.
    But we don't know what they picked for polka music?

vCash
    At this point, we don't know that they picked any polka music, and that's terrifying.

Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast