Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What exactly is Farrucas?
    It's a Spanish remedy for verrucas seriously, it's their 2009/2010 OD.
    I'm not that interested in Davis/White's choice too, tbh! if they present a good, artistic program, it will be good for ice dance, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    In the comments section:
    "People who were in Canton say that there are many movements from Farrucas. And more than that."

I don't really see how it could be similar to Farrucas, except - partially - in its dynamism and fierceness. The music in "Carmen" has many layers to it and the characters are complex. No doubt, there will be changes of rhythm and of mood. Plus, we don't know which pieces they've chosen, therefore it's useless to speculate.
    Well, it's not "more than that" but kind of "it could be anything else".
    I read those comments, an anonymous wrote: "oh, if only Carmen could be very similar to Farrucas!" and the blogger answered: "there was someone who was talking about Farrucas's movements watching Carmen in Canton, but it could be easly anything else".
    This is the correct meaning/translation.
    It's not an "inside information", it's just what the blogger reported from what was said on the internet.
    Just to clarify, I'm italian

vCash
    It's possible to put up video of things on youtube without them being taken down. I watch a tv series from another country that is always deleted by youtube when its real name is used, but when put up under another name, there is no problem. You just have to know the name and make sure it's not similar to what you really are looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveitaly View Post
    I read those comments, an anonymous wrote: "oh, if only Carmen could be very similar to Farrucas!" and the blogger answered: "there was someone who was talking about Farrucas's movements watching Carmen in Canton, but it could be easly anything else".
    It's not an "inside information", it's just what the blogger reported from what was said on the internet.
    Thanks for clarifying. Myself, I'm not a native speaker, so I didn't catch the nuance.

vCash
    i think the bar is set a little too high, i mean expectation-wise.people have to remember that they're not dancing in a theater or doing an originality contest. its not given that they can satisfy what we fans want to see, nor that its what they actually have in mind.think at the level of pressure the whole team must be under, creating something that has to score 10's in PCS. Verrucas was a program that broke record scores, it would be natural to get back to it. there are teams that can afford to think outside the box, like the one from Azerbajan.. but in order to stand at the very top of the game in an extremely competitive field, you have to be extra careful of IJS rules. so let's not feel disappointed if the fd doesnt turn being the ground-breaking work of art that we fans desire!

vCash
    tessa and scott have long had the ability to satisfy technical requirements, but instead of their skate looking like a technical exercise, it becomes a thing of beauty. you forget they're competing and are simply swept away.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    It's possible to put up video of things on youtube without them being taken down. I watch a tv series from another country that is always deleted by youtube when its real name is used, but when put up under another name, there is no problem. You just have to know the name and make sure it's not similar to what you really are looking for.
    Or the person could make the video private so it doesn't come up in the search and you can only see it if you have the direct link, which they could post here.

i have no doubt we'll get something from Finlandia. And practice videos are important. That's the only way we get video of Tessa in the all black Audrey outfit last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveitaly View Post
    Thanks!
    Maybe its all stressfull for Tessa and Scott too - only two programs they will perform
    I like Farrucus, but still hope this will something different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Please tell the people on the Russian forum that the article doesn't really apply to fans so people wouldn't go to the competition thinking they can't take a video at all.

Also I kinda agree with Pani how come this secret source that was in Canton only noticed and took notes of only T/S's program and not of the other teams?
    I will tell them. Dont worry - they will made all, what they can to do

Yes - thats my question, why not about other teams? At first i thought because T-S had practice in Canada during CNE, but in this blog people talking about Canton and "Carmen" rumors at Aunt Joyes fromspring was found early, then T-S start doing CNE.
    Look like W-P had great feedback. Interesting what about V-M? I remeber wyat a buzz was when they made PF and latin FD

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ipzpb8A2IoI

It is going to be modern Carmen! Marvellous.

vCash
    Now, that's interesting . It is a timeless storyline as they say. I can hardly wait to see it, and can see something like that growing and progressing as the season goes on.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    A modern Carmen sounds great! I've been hoping that V/M would highlight the dancing ability that sets them apart from most teams.

vCash
    wow, they say exactly what i've been preaching in the last months attention to the language of the body and to modern ways of expression. now if it's indeed inspired from modern ballet, we'll have everything many of us were asking for

vCash
    Interesting I just rec'd this email at work (I work in a school) It came along with pictures etc but it didn't copy/paste.

Dear Educators,

Have your first through eighth grade students capture the excitement of learning with the new SkateCanada@School program! The program is designed to assist Canadian elementary school teachers with resources that offer fun and exciting resources that will teach math, science, language arts and nutrition.

This unique program uses skating to teach grades four to six the curriculum. Your students will:
    • Learn math using the scoring system for skating competitions.
    • Know how important the ice surface is for skaters by learning about states of matter, the water cycle and force and friction.
    • Strengthen their reading skills with Olympians Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir and Patrick Chan.
    • Become a healthier eater while they learn to build a meal plan for a profession skater.

Simply visit skatecanadaatschool.com to enroll for this free resource.

Be one of the first 250 educators to enroll for the program and you will receive a Daily Physical Activity Kit in the mail.

Chers éducateurs,

Le nouveau programme Patinage Canada@L’École mobilisera l’enthousiasme de l’apprentissage de vos élèves de la première à la huitième année! Le programme est conçu pour aider les enseignants d’écoles primaires canadiennes au moyen de ressources amusantes et excitantes qui permettront d’enseigner les mathématiques, les sciences, les arts du langage et la nutrition.

Ce programme unique a recours au patinage pour enseigner le programme d’études de la quatrième à la sixième année. Vos élèves :
    • apprendront les mathématiques à l’aide du système de notation des compétitions de patinage;
    • s’informeront de l’importance de la surface de la glace pour les patineurs en apprenant les états de la matière, le cycle de l’eau ainsi que la force et la friction;
    • renforceront leurs aptitudes en lecture avec les olympiens Tessa Virtue, Scott Moir et Patrick Chan;
    • auront une meilleure alimentation alors qu’ils apprendront à établir un plan de repas pour un patineur d’élite de Patinage Canada.

Il suffit de visiter patinagecanadaalecole.com pour vous inscrire à cette ressource gratuite.

Comptez au nombre des 250 premiers éducateurs à vous inscrire au programme et vous recevrez une Trousse d'activité physique quotidienne par la poste.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post

I'm starting to think this program is going to make me eat my words.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by m_chenning View Post

I wouldn't have minded a traditional approach of Carmen from Tessa and Scott because I know they would have made something special of it with their talent and all but a modern Carmen is even better as they would be going in somewhat a different direction from Farrucas I suspect. So excited to hear the news.

vCash
    O, cant wait to see this FD. Will see, how this modern Carmen look like and could they really show something modern and innovative.

Great to see happy Scott again

vCash
    As movie maker was shockingly showing the will to collaborate tonight, I made a preview of the SD:

http://youtu.be/hwiSnrtUydc

Enjoy! (i wonder if it would make weep Hopkin's wife )

vCash
    About SD:

Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir in a mesmerizing display of expression to beautiful classical sounding music for their short dance. What was that music? It turns out it was a waltz composed by actor Anthony Hopkins and orchestrated by Andre Rieu. It's rich, complex and a worthy complement to Virtue and Moir's genius.
    PJ Kwong

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...ff-season.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    As movie maker was shockingly showing the will to collaborate tonight, I made a preview of the SD:

http://youtu.be/hwiSnrtUydc

Enjoy! (i wonder if it would make weep Hopkin's wife )
    A little sneak preview of what might be......beautiful........Thank you martyross. I wonder if Hopkins will be at Worlds......wouldn't that be the icing on the cake
    Addicted to FSU

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast