Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Great lifts they look similar to B/A lift in Ava Maria but with Tanith standing on Bens foot.P/B lift in Mummy FD .
    Could you post B-A photo?
    P-B lift were amazing, but Natalie hade different body position and lay down on Fabien back, no?

vCash
    Oh, my....That didn't take long.

P/B..Nathalie's shoulders rest on the back of Fabian's shoulders

and yes, Tanith was on Ben's foot .. and both were a different type of lift from V/M's..

and as someone has pointed out ..we don't yet know if some of these positions are in transition , or not.

I'll just have to again.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 09-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    and as someone has pointed out ..we don't yet know if some of these positions are in transition , or not.
    Good point... Tessa's positions are usually pretty damn perfect even in transitional moments, so it can be hard to tell.

vCash
    Stunning pictures of the VM.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Could you post B-A photo?
    P-B lift were amazing, but Natalie hade different body position and lay down on Fabien back, no?
    http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...sto%208294.jpg

You need to see the lifts in motion before deciding anything but with all the rules and restrictions in place for lifts all these dancers are going to hit similar positions. Tessa and Tanith both have beautiful positions. Scott however is in a very different position to Ben. The P&B comparision isn't even possible at this point as it's much more difficult to tell what is going on in that lift whereas it's easier to guess what is happening in the lift where Tessa reminds one of Tanith. Although even before Tanith we've seen female ice dancers stretch and arch their bodies into beautiful shapes in lifts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...sto%208294.jpg

You need to see the lifts in motion before deciding anything but with all the rules and restrictions in place for lifts all these dancers are going to hit similar positions. Tessa and Tanith both have beautiful positions. Scott however is in a very different position to Ben. The P&B comparision isn't even possible at this point as it's much more difficult to tell what is going on in that lift whereas it's easier to guess what is happening in the lift where Tessa reminds one of Tanith. Although even before Tanith we've seen female ice dancers stretch and arch their bodies into beautiful shapes in lifts.
    I like this B-A lift, but this very different lifts for me.

vCash
    I like this B-A lift, but this very different lifts for me.
    Yes. It made a beautiful image but the mechanics of the lift appear to be very different based on the position Scott is in. With B&A it was a straight line lift, she stepped on his boot, hit the position and steps off all moving forward in a straight line.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Yes. It made a beautiful image but the mechanics of the lift appear to be very different based on the position Scott is in. With B&A it was a straight line lift, she stepped on his boot, hit the position and steps off all moving forward in a straight line.
    This. We're obviously going to have to have video in order to figure out how that lift of V/M's works, but I think it's pretty clear that the execution is likely quite different. For me, the big thing that the two lifts have in common is that they're both very beautiful and done by very talented teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    This. We're obviously going to have to have video in order to figure out how that lift of V/M's works, but I think it's pretty clear that the execution is likely quite different. For me, the big thing that the two lifts have in common is that they're both very beautiful and done by very talented teams.

Can't wait to see videos also, to see the entry and the exit. But it seems photographers now at least have an early idea on what to watch out for. Tessa's arms and legs look almost perfectly parallel, my back hurts just looking at it.
    Last edited by Sahararainfall; 09-08-2012 at 08:44 PM.

vCash
    Yes, guys, these lifts are completely different..doesn't the one with the backbend look like a curve lift , not straight line? I mean from Scott's position?..( I might not have my terminology entirely correct).. But even if it's straight line, moving sideways, the only similarity is the backbend. If you're going to call them the same based on that..we'd soon have it reduced down to about 3 or 4 identifiable lifts in all of ice dance..

The other lift in question is even less similar .. Tessa is on one of Scott's shoulders , he has one arm free , and he's obviously moving.. Is it going up ,or about to come down ,or about to change to another position ? We have no way of knowing..I've seen a lot of lifts where the girl has both legs in the air that way, for various periods of time..they're not all the same lift....

vCash
    Maybe it's my limited knowledge, but the only similarity I see in the lifts is the arched back and I see none with the P/B lift. But that's just my opinion. Anyways I'm really excited for them and 27 days to wait till we see the programs is too long.
    T/S awaiting their interview
    second pic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Maybe it's my limited knowledge, but the only similarity I see in the lifts is the arched back and I see none with the P/B lift. But that's just my opinion. Anyways I'm really excited for them and 27 days to wait till we see the programs is too long.
    T/S awaiting their interview
    second pic
    I agree with you. Just IMHO
    Cant wait to hear this interview.

vCash
    is Jennifer Swan a modern ballet teacher? anyone knows more about her?

vCash
    .. just to add a bit more food for thought , someone linked to this story in the Toronto Star over at GS..

http://www.thestar.com/sports/figure...ing-champions?

The article is just more coverage of the same news scrum..but the picture is the thing...Look ma , no hands ..!

vCash
    That appears to be from the short dance -- Tessa's hairstyle and top match some pictures that came out Thursday.

vCash
    Yes , I think you're right..and I think this looks like another amazing rotational lift .. or part of one..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Yes , I think you're right..and I think this looks like another amazing rotational lift .. or part of one..
    Yes, SD lift
    I like how Tessa said - I think every lift we’re doing is new
    When CBC interviews will be shown?

vCash
    Yes, SD lift
    I like how Tessa said - I think every lift we’re doing is new
    When CBC interviews will be shown?
    So for you old music with new elements is better than new music with old elements? New music with new elements would be nice, but I suppose we can hope for that in the SD. As someone commented in the previous thread, it's going to be "fresh and refresh" for VM next season.

Pani may I ask how all this music choices is going down amongst the Russian VM fans? Are they just like us who range from happy to disappointed with the cautiously optimistic and reserving judgement in between? (Will our favorite Russian photographers be in Finlandia as well? )

vCash
    So it is Carmen. While I'm positive it will be spectacular and I will no doubt love it I guess I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something 'out of the box' oh well bring it on!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    So for you old music with new elements is better than new music with old elements? New music with new elements would be nice, but I suppose we can hope for that in the SD. As someone commented in the previous thread, it's going to be "fresh and refresh" for VM next season.

Pani may I ask how all this music choices is going down amongst the Russian VM fans? Are they just like us who range from happy to disappointed with the cautiously optimistic and reserving judgement in between? (Will our favorite Russian photographers be in Finlandia as well? )
    Yes, for me moves is the first in dance, music- on second place. But will see, could V-M made soemething innovative on overs
    used music. Now nobody know nothing anout this FD

As about russians fans - yes, the same reaction A lot off people a bit dissapointed, but still wait to see programs first.
    Yes, guys, you favorite photographers will be in Finland (if all will be OK). So we will have a lot of great photos. Not sure about videos with new ISU rules - nobode could made videos during practice and ISU competitions.

Look at SC titter - Tessa learn to cook
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/stat.../photo/1/large

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast