Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    If I&K are injured, B&S are the de factor Russian number 1 again, particularly after I&K's non-performance at WTT.

I wouldn't think it would be lost on the Russian fed that there is a team medal in Sochi...and that their Women's & Pair's team is very, very strong, and with Plushenko, their men's group will be good too. The hole is who is going to be the number one dance team...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    If I&K are injured, B&S are the de factor Russian number 1 again, particularly after I&K's non-performance at WTT.

I wouldn't think it would be lost on the Russian fed that there is a team medal in Sochi...and that their Women's & Pair's team is very, very strong, and with Plushenko, their men's group will be good too. The hole is who is going to be the number one dance team...
    will it really affect though ? its still off season unless Ilinkyh's shoulder injury requires a month to heal until GP, you're right this could be the right time for Bobrova/Soloviev to really break out and solidify as Russia's number 1, its hard because by the start of GP, the judges might think otherwise. In my wildest dream* Sinitsina/Zhiganshin are Russian number 1 by next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    It was like watching Grushgons
    They couldn't skate. B/S have gorgeous skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    At this point- my favorite
    And i like Siniticina-Zgiganshin SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mbv...1&feature=plcp
    Wow I really really enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It had some problems, but the choice of music was excellent (really good contrast between the two) and who would have thought "My friend the witchdoctor" could be a Yankee Polka. But I loved the fun they portrayed and it had some very nice skating in it too.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She (Grushina) could skate, though. Sadly, he slowed her to a crawl.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Wow I really really enjoyed that - thanks for posting. It had some problems, but the choice of music was excellent (really good contrast between the two) and who would have thought "My friend the witchdoctor" could be a Yankee Polka. But I loved the fun they portrayed and it had some very nice skating in it too.
    It did fit with the music transition because the song was mostly had country tone to it, shame they have a not so good FS program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well yes but I was meaning more the lack of speed

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Well yes but I was meaning more the lack of speed
    I think the speed can and will come. My thought is that paying attention to other things they're working on with their skating is slowing them down. Once those other things are second nature, then they can work on speed.

Given their goal is 2018, I'd much rather the see them working on the other issues rather than speed at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    I think the speed can and will come. My thought is that paying attention to other things they're working on with their skating is slowing them down. Once those other things are second nature, then they can work on speed.

Given their goal is 2018, I'd much rather the see them working on the other issues rather than speed at the moment.
    Yes they still have a lot to work on, but they have six seasons. I think it's good that they are going for Pyongchang gold because it means that they will do everything the right way instead of trying to take short cuts.

Obviously her posture is still atrocious at times, but it's much improved. The thing I want them to fix is their unison. They used to have really good unison and it left them in the past few seasons.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Where did B&S say their goal is 2018? I agree that's the right goal for them, but I'm surprised they would say it out loud if they don't want the federation to dump them, because Morozov is implying that I&K's goal is 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Where did B&S say their goal is 2018? I agree that's the right goal for them, but I'm surprised they would say it out loud if they don't want the federation to dump them, because Morozov is implying that I&K's goal is 2014.
    Zhulin said it in an interview, I think it was right after Zenkova and Sinitsin competed at their first JGP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    She (Grushina) could skate, though. Sadly, he slowed her to a crawl.
    Oh yeah, I remember the days of wanting to go out on the ice and give them a push. They were slooooooooooow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Didn't Morozov also say last season I&K were ready for gold at Worlds

vCash
    I remember Mishin said he would send Gachinski to David Wilson for choreography. Is this David choreo for Artur? Because if it is, I'm really starting to worry for Chan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdnl8...4&feature=plcp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I remember Mishin said he would send Gachinski to David Wilson for choreography. Is this David choreo for Artur? Because if it is, I'm really starting to worry for Chan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdnl8...4&feature=plcp
    Just to clarify, are you suggesting that this choreography would beat anything that Chan is going to do?

That program had absolutely no relationship with the music. Just a series of random arm movements which could be also construed as transitions which demonstrated no real complexity or variety. It did nothing for me. And his hands just bug me.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Just to clarify, are you suggesting that this choreography would beat anything that Chan is going to do?

That program had absolutely no relationship with the music. Just a series of random arm movements which could be also construed as transitions which demonstrated no real complexity or variety. It did nothing for me. And his hands just bug me.
    lol What I actually meant to say is that if Wilson authored Gachinski's program, should I be fearing a similar choreography for Patrick Chan from him? Pretentious, purposeless and with little or even no connection to the music at times?

Sorry for having confused you.

vCash
    Perhaps the poster was worried that Wilson has lost his mind and was therefor worried about what choreography Chan might have?

ETA: Apparently!

vCash
    Wilson's programs usually fail to excite, to put it mildly.

And Mishin will take all the choreo out anyway, if there will be any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    lol What I actually meant to say is that if Wilson authored Gachinski's program, should I be fearing a similar choreography for Patrick Chan from him? Pretentious, purposeless and with little or even no connection to the music at times?

Sorry for having confused you.
    Yes you did confuse me. Thanks for clarifying. I totally agree with you. I have given you some clarification rep

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Didn't Morozov also say last season I&K were ready for gold at Worlds
    He always says that about his girlfriends. He said B&K should have been 4x world champs too.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast