Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I just hope it won't be ends up another happy and jolly white Swan like Mao's Scheherazade last year.
    Mao had a kind of hard time with her sick mother and reconstructing her jumping technique. So she wanted to pick that kind of joyful and airy Scheherazade ver to look up. And I loved it.

BUT this season things have changed. So I think Mao and TAT picked traditional style of music.

Mao is a soooooo beautiful skater and I can't to see her graceful Swan Lake. Go Mao!! I love to see MAO'S SWAN LAKE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I skated to that music a few years ago, before I saw it from SYTYCD. Zombies was the last thing that came to my mind. Sorry but I do think there is some copying going on.

There was a french team that used it a few years ago too. They didn't do zombies.
    Copying from where? If that french team didn't do zombies, then it's not from them. Actually, the dance in 'SYSTYCD' was not zombies either. As I wrote, Averbukh first did a zombie themed choreo to 'Ramalama (Bang Bang)' (thanks, ziggy ) in his 2009 show.

vCash
    Blanc & Bouquet used Roisin Murphy, and yes, they did not think of Zombies.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...nw52RSH0#t=89s

OTOH, I don't know what made them think about carrying matching lunch sacks or coin purses (whatever those things hanging off their wrists are supposed to be).

It might be the part about "unzip my heart out" and "when you die you die" that makes people think OOOO great for Zombies.

I doubt McNamara / Carpenter copied Zhiganshina/Gaszi-they showed their Zombie SD at Lake Placid IDC quite a long time ago. They train at Wheaton Academy, which is not in the skating capital of the known world either. Z&G would not have been flying through and been seen doing their Zombies.

Now could Z&G have seen M&C? It doesn't seem likely that they were just combing the junior ranks of LPIDC looking for an FD concept. And the LPIDC videos aren't on youtube for Lorraine & Quinn, although they are for their 2 JGP events. But that would have been way too late for Z&G to start working on an FD.

So I'm figuring it's a very odd coincidence.

Perhaps both teams had seen Blanc & Bouquet's number.

Switching tracks

Duhamel & Radford's LP was filmed:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/25826412

Does anyone recognize what MMM (miserable movie music) that is?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post

There was a french team that used it a few years ago too. They didn't do zombies.
    (((Blank & Bucket)))
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Now could Z&G have seen M&C? It doesn't seem likely that they were just combing the junior ranks of LPIDC looking for an FD concept. And the LPIDC videos aren't on youtube for Lorraine & Quinn, although they are for their 2 JGP events. But that would have been way too late for Z&G to start working on an FD.

So I'm figuring it's a very odd coincidence.

Perhaps both teams had seen Blanc & Bouquet's number.
    Eh, quoting myself again :
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Averbukh originally did a choreography to 'Ramalama (Bang Bang)' for Albena Denkova and her partner in his 2009 'Ice Age' show (something like 'Skating with Stars'), then Denkova and Staviski had it as a exhibition piece. This year he reused it in the 'Ice Age: Cup of Professionals' show for Elena Leonova and Maxim Shabalin. As for 'Tore My Heart' that is used in the first part of the dance, in another Averbukh's show 'Ice and Fire' (skating and dancing) Yagudin and his partner had a dance (somewhat Tim Burton's 'Corpse Bride' themed ) choreographed to it for them.
    So, that's where it came from in this particular case. Definitely not from M/C. And I remember reading that Averbukh did this choreo for Zhiganshina/Gazsi quite early. Yes, probably Averbukh had seen Blanc/Bouquet's dance when he first decided to choreograph to this music in his 2009 show.

vCash
    As far as "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" goes -- I think it's coincidental that both teams are using it and using zombies, but I think M/C could very well have been inspired by SYTYCD. This was the original dance from that show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    As far as "Ramalama (Bang Bang)" goes -- I think it's coincidental that both teams are using it and using zombies, but I think M/C could very well have been inspired by SYTYCD. This was the original dance from that show.
    Which was done about 2005-2006 as it was from either season 1 or 2 I think. So the SYTYCD number has been around a while. Either way the concept has been done before.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Shen&Zhao did an ex to it - clearly inspired by the SYTYCD number. It was fabulous.

ETA: here it is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKPNihBVgo
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    I just hate how NOTHING is ever leaked about Mao in the off season. I soooooooooooo badly want to see her skate. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arakwafan2006 View Post
    I just hate how NOTHING is ever leaked about Mao in the off season. I soooooooooooo badly want to see her skate. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Let me join you in your frustration!

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    She couldn't have picked a better balletic skater to do this classic justice. I just hope it won't be ends up another happy and jolly white Swan like Mao's Scheherazade last year.
    From this 30-seconds clip, it looks like they're keeping the traditional Swan Lak etheme

vCash
    miki ando

sp: lawrence of arabia

choreo: stephane lambiel

vCash
    Kanako Murakami
    SP: Prayer For Taylor
    LP: Tango

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    miki ando

sp: lawrence of arabia

choreo: stephane lambiel
    I'm excited to see Miki without Morozov "choreography"
    Although I did like her mission program when she won worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I'm excited to see Miki without Morozov "choreography"
    Although I did like her mission program when she won worlds
    it will be interessting to see miki completely without morozv.
    i still have doubts if this all works, but let´s see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    it will be interessting to see miki completely without morozv.
    i still have doubts if this all works, but let´s see
    I gotta say that Morozov is a good coach in that he inspires confidence in his skaters. I wonder whether Miki will have the same consistency

vCash
    that´s a true point.

answer will be given in about a month. i have no idea in what shape miki is.
    her jumps in shows were just axels, salchows and toes, and even these looked often kind of shaky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    Shen&Zhao did an ex to it - clearly inspired by the SYTYCD number. It was fabulous.

ETA: here it is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjKPNihBVgo
    I am surprised that Shen's wig didn't fly off after the huge throws. I like the ending part .... Zhao 'biting Shen's neck'.

vCash
    Can't wait to see Murakami's programs this season - loved Mao's Japan Open performance too!! Also looking forward to seeing Mirai's FS, I really hope she can bring it this season.

vCash
    Kanako Murakami competed her SP and FS at Chubu Regionals last week - links are posted in the Japan skating news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...51#post3705051
    Her SP is a "New Age" song composed by Michael W. Smith that's been popular with many skaters in the past but I can't remember the title right now.

ETA: Thanks to burntBREAD for identifying the song, "Prayer for Taylor," and for posting the link to Nagasu's Finlandia FS in the US ladies thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...45#post3705045
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-07-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: to edit in Murakami's SP song title & Nagasu FS link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast