Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Didn't Morozov also say last season I&K were ready for gold at Worlds
    And Kustarova said that Bobrova and Soloviev should be number 1 in the world.

vCash
    A short video clip of Dai skating in Novogrosk today. Courtesy of Dai's forum.

Rumor is that Dai's free skate will be to Pagliacci. Maybe someone can
    translate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXHU...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Explanation of Bobrova/Soloviev's FD (from Goldenskate)

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120916/175992189.html

“At the start of the dance I am, to put it softly, not a healthy person. To be blunt, a madman. I’m sitting in the hospital,” Soloviev said.
    “Everything that happens around me is out of my reach. And Katya [Bobrova], my life partner, is trying to prompt me to feel, to instill life in me. The first two minutes on the ice, we’re actually having a conversation about that.”
    Bobrova shed more light on the routine.
    “I’m frustrated when the first part of the dance is over, I understand that he’s not paying any attention to me at all.”

vCash
    So Bobrova goes mad at the end of the program after trying to "instill life" into Soloviev?

vCash
    Is this Miyamoto choreography? Wasn't Plushenko supposed to skate to Romeo and Juliet this season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2Gb...feature=g-hist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    So Bobrova goes mad at the end of the program after trying to "instill life" into Soloviev?
    Yes, in this (russian) article there is the continuation of the story:

Dmitri Soloviev: "My girlfriend just stops noticing the reality herself. She doesn't see that I am starting to come to my senses. That I am starting to feel little by little, to see this life. She doesn't notice that. And something changes in her to such an extent that she goes mad herself."
    Last edited by lauravvv; 09-16-2012 at 11:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Right. In the Russian version of the interview they said in addition that her attempts are eventually successful, but she goes mad before she could realize that. I think the fact that they change positions at the end of the program is reflecting that.

ETA: lauravvv was faster

vCash
    I love Bobrova/Soloviev's concept! Great job by Zhulin. They've always had excellent technique, they just needed something original and more cutting edge to really make a mark and I think this will do.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Is this Miyamoto choreography? Wasn't Plushenko supposed to skate to Romeo and Juliet this season?

What a totally empty program...

Plushenko had a few programs choreographed and probably took out choreography from them anyway.

Nice attempt at a 4salchow, though. He leaned forward too much but you can see this jump is easily within his capability. And nice to see him doing a straight line step sequence where he focuses on edges and staying in character of the music instead of wild flailing.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 09-17-2012 at 12:32 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Yes, in this (russian) article there is the continuation of the story:
    thanks. mmh. so Bobrova has a latent insanity? i suppose they share the same illness? because that she eventually "goes mad" too, sounds a little forced. btw, a tragic conclusion is better than an happy ending. it speaks more of the reality of life.
    maybe Dimitri lost his mind while trying to figure the levels for the Polka

YEAH!
    vCash
    So she goes mad at the end and decides to cut Tosca into the music... ah, no, that was TAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So she goes mad at the end and decides to cut Tosca into the music... ah, no, that was TAT.
    No she hears Tosca and then goes into that lift where she is feeling pain. Then she goes crazy because Marton's arrangement won't go away.

vCash
    I think B&S's theme could be the basis for many a thread title for the forthcoming season.

The thing that would have made the program better was to incorporate "They're coming to take me away" into it. I would have preferred that to Tosca.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    well, perhaps that particular segment of Tosca could be fitting, more or less... it's the part where Tosca's lover says 'i've never loved life as much as i do now' referring to the fact that he's going to die. maybe it could be referred to Ekaterina's character, while she slowly loses her mind. dunno!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    dunno!
    I think this best sums it all up.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post

No. Interview with Mishin regarding Miyamoto's RJ.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5108.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    A short video clip of Dai skating in Novogrosk today. Courtesy of Dai's forum. Rumor is that Dai's free skate will be to Pagliacci. Maybe someone can translate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXHU...ature=youtu.be
    Here is my translation.

Daisuke Takahashi unveiled his practice in Russia. He is being coached by Nikolai Morozov of Russia. Daisuke's aim for Sochi Olympics is to upgrade his performance level. His first competition of this season will be held in October. Morozov advised him to express feelings more abundantly while skating his free program to Opera music.
    Morozov "He gets an advantage over his rivals because he is more experienced."
    Takahashi "(Practice in Russia) makes me get motivated so much. I think it was a good decision to work with Nikolai again"

To me, his FS sounds like "Pagliacci" by Leoncavallo. It was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne.
    Last edited by homura; 09-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    So B/S are going for the concept P/B had in their Organ Donor program, just in reverse? (obviously the programs themselves are not alike)

Quote Originally Posted by homura View Post
    Here is my translation.

Daisuke Takahashi unveiled his practice in Russia. He is being coached by Nikolai Morozov of Russia. Daisuke's aim for Sochi Olympics is to upgrade his performance level. His first competition of this season will be held in October. Morozov advised him to express feelings more abundantly while skating his free program to Opera music.
    Thanks for the translation! Though I must say, I already find Dai quite expressive - to express his feelings more abundantly could make his programs feel really over the top (an issue I had with his previous Shae-Lynn Bourne program at times).

Has Morozov lost weight?

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Well, that was certainly different from their programs so far! What music is that? I'm not crazy about one of the lift exits, but I assume they'll tweak it (or change it) as the season progresses.

Also, Tatiana is such a

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    Well, that was certainly different from their programs so far! What music is that? I'm not crazy about one of the lift exits, but I assume they'll tweak it (or change it) as the season progresses.

Also, Tatiana is such a

I think that this is "Godfather" theme

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast