Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Somehow I think this works. Put it this way, I was somewhat interested in what they were doing and not screaming at the computer about how fricking annoying it was.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    ....I like it..., it's understandable why they have lost speed so it isn't bothering me too much, I hope that this program develops more as the season goes on, and wow, i'm noticing Dima for once . I'm looking forward to their growth this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    I appreciate the concept and all, but these programs are a BIG mess. This is definitely a team that's going to drop in the standings. What a shame.
    ID programs always look like a big mess early on in the season.

Both Bobrova/Soloviev's programs are actually interesting and don't induce a coma after 15 seconds, which is a huge improvement.

SD is a little quirky, FD is really passionate and they ooze expression, which is something I thought I would never say about them.

---

Schultheiss's music PROPERLY FORMATTED:

Short Program:
    Robot Boys - DubseEpic Symph
    DatsiK - Jenova Project
    Robot Boys - Beta

Free Program:
    René Aubry - Samuel
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Partie II)
    René Aubry - Avant La Pluie (Chykidec' Remix)
    Michael Ortega - Cry
    Last edited by Ziggy; 09-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    http://www.freiepresse.de/SPORT/Kuer...kel8094793.php

This article confirms Savchenko/Szolkowy sp will be 'Kismet' by bond, but the lp won't be Pina again. They had to change the Pina program too much and didn't like the result. So the lp will be new with new music. They want to keep it a secret until Skate Canada.

vCash
    I actually think that program has potential. Honestly, it's the only time I've ever not been bored during one of their programs.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I'm happy they didn't kept Pina

vCash
    Re: Bobrova/Soloviev FD

I did watch it more than once so I take that as a sign it has potential but unless other people have seen a different video then I did was anyone else bothered by how judge-centric the choreography was. I found myself too often thinking how I want to see the program from the opposite angle to see what they are doing, what they are trying to convey. It's as if Zhulin just didn't bother choreographing anything interesting for the fans and saved it all for the judges.

I know he isn´t the first to do this but it just bothered me how much I was missing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Re: Bobrova/Soloviev FD

I did watch it more than once so I take that as a sign it has potential but unless other people have seen a different video then I did was anyone else bothered by how judge-centric the choreography was. I found myself too often thinking how I want to see the program from the opposite angle to see what they are doing, what they are trying to convey. It's as if Zhulin just didn't bother choreographing anything interesting for the fans and saved it all for the judges.

I know he isn´t the first to do this but it just bothered me how much I was missing.
    V-M all time made program only on judges side. And this why people, who saw it from the back, miss something. Especially in Mahler and Funny Face

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    V-M all time made program only on judges side. And this why people, who saw it from the back, miss something. Especially in Mahler and Funny Face
    Mahler for me worked from all angles but I can see that with Funny Face. I never saw it from the back but picturing the program can imagine it was.

It's probably why I find it hard to really judge these programs. I love getting a sneak peek as much as the next person but you really miss a lot when they are shot from the back, even worse from the back corner. But it's probably also a good lesson in not forgetting there are two sides to an arena.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    ID programs always look like a big mess early on in the season.

Both Bobrova/Soloviev's programs are actually interesting and don't induce a coma after 15 seconds, which is a huge improvement.

SD is a little quirky, FD is really passionate and they ooze expression, which is something I thought I would never say about them.
    Yeah, I'm loving B/S's FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Yeah, I'm loving B/S's FD.
    At this point- my favorite
    And i like Siniticina-Zgiganshin SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7mbv...1&feature=plcp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post

This article confirms Savchenko/Szolkowy sp will be 'Kismet' by bond, but the lp won't be Pina again. They had to change the Pina program too much and didn't like the result. So the lp will be new with new music. They want to keep it a secret until Skate Canada.
    Cool. I liked Pina, but I'll be glad to see something new.

Click me with your mouse
    vCash

I'll miss Pina (most interesting pairs program in years, if you ask me) but am always happy to see what Steuer, Savchenko, and Szolkowy can come up with. Thanks for the update.

vCash
    ^^ Seems that Pina was very difficult to adapt to the ice in the first place, and apparently the changes they were considering did not work. Maybe they can use Pina again for an exhibition.

In any case, I hope S/S and S will continue pushing the bar choreographically, and come up with something else dramatic, unexpected and perhaps even romantic.

vCash

at this. But things might just come around better.

Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Maybe they can use Pina again for an exhibition.
    There's a thinker! Oh, they so should!

YEAH!
    vCash
    It's just nice to see that some skaters still have artistic integrity. 99% of them would have made the necessary adaptations and if it didn't fit the music or theme, oh well, the points are more important. And this is why S&S rock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    I appreciate the concept and all, but these programs are a BIG mess. This is definitely a team that's going to drop in the standings. What a shame.
    If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
    Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If they can get the levels they'll be okay. But that's a big big if.
    Anyway, I love their FD and can't stop watching it. Granted theirs a bad music transition because of TAT, but such improvement already! And this is with Zhulin saying that he is gearing them for Pyongchang. Imagine how amazing they'll be by then.
    I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
    If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
    I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I love it too. I sense this is the first time they look really dangerous (for other teams).
    If Zhulin aims for Pyongchang and they keep going like that we're going to see great things.
    I even noticed Dmitry for once.And I love the way they used their bodies now.They had it in them but somehow couldn't find it.Maybe they didn't have the right style.
    And it's going to be even better when they even out all the little kinks (like her dropping her blade on her camel and the lift issue).
    I also agree that they need to work on their speed - but I feel like this is a very touchy area because of Bobrova's posture issues. It's gonna be a kickass year for them, but I worry that the judges will slam them as the new Russian #2 (because of their placement at worlds) and the fact that the new program is one that maybe takes more than one view to fully appreciate.

vCash
    Well I like the new look .Her hair down was good and they didn't look as heavy with lighter costumes but I found it to be a bit of a snooze fest zzzz to be honest .It was like watching Grushgons
    I'm disappointed .Like the SD more.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast