Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    is this the best that men skating can offer?

vCash
    I realize that In the Garden of Souls was going to be hard to live up to, but this is a solid step backwards in every possible way - hairstyle included.

Normally I prefer it when skaters get new programs each season, but Dai should consider doing some recycling.

vCash
    I'd love if In the garden of souls comes back in the olympic season! So far I've been watching Dai's new sp like three times just to be sure, and still don't like it and don't get it. This is really generic coming from Dai

BUT, the biggest YAY for the quad and 3A tried in that outing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I realize that In the Garden of Souls was going to be hard to live up to, but this is a solid step backwards in every possible way - hairstyle included.

Normally I prefer it when skaters get new programs each season, but Dai should consider doing some recycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    I'd love if In the garden of souls comes back in the olympic season! So far I've been watching Dai's new sp like three times just to be sure, and still don't like it and don't get it. This is really generic coming from Dai
    I agree with you guys. This Rockabilly program is Daisuke’s worst SP in the recent 5 seasons. In the Garden of Souls, Eye, Mambo, and Cyber Swan are all better than this new program. There’s nothing origninal in the new SP. It imitates Mambo and Eye but not as sexy and original as those two.

Poor Dai, he deserves something better than this generic program. He should go back to better choreographers such as Miyamoto, Wilson, and Camerlengo in the Olympic season. Btw, I hope Bourne will come up with something more creative for the LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    After last year's FD, that was kind of... just ok? I didn't hate it, but it didn't have anywhere near the impact of last year's FD. I'm kind of about it.
    I like it, but I'm with you, I guess I was expecting something a little more exciting based on last year's program. I enjoy the music quite a bit, though. The performance was a little sloppy, so I'm hoping with some time, it will have more impact.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Davis & White's IceNetwork bio has been updated again:

2013 SEASON NOTES

SD Music: "Giselle" by Adolphe Adam
    FD Music: TBD
    Looks like the Sinatra medley is not their FD this season!

vCash
    Yawn....

Same type of music, same style, same movements, nothing I've not seen before, same old same old

vCash
    re: Dai's SP
    Goodness - I haven't heard "The Stroll" for about 45 years. Can't say I ever missed it

vCash
    I loved Dai's new short program.

vCash
    for me, there's something off with the concept as well..maybe in 2012, doing Elvis the Pelvis doesn't exactly scream avantgarde..

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    oh god...why...
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I thought Takahashi looked great. I think he can skate to anything and look great.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    D/W or USFSA are having a second thought about their FD, AGAIN. Two seasons in a row. I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not.

vCash
    D/W or USFSA are having a second thought about their FD, AGAIN. Two seasons in a row. I'm not sure if it's a good sign or not.
    Why are you saying that? We don't even know if that's true. Probaly they're delaying the music announcement for completely different reasons. In the 2008/2009 season people got to know about their FD only at Skate America (or shortly before it), and that wasn't because they had changed the program (apparently they hadn't). As for that Sinatra rumour - well, probably it was just a rumour indeed. That means nothing. Anyway, we will find out at some point. No need to make such declarations in the official programs thread until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Davis & White's IceNetwork bio has been updated again:

Looks like the Sinatra medley is not their FD this season!
    I hope this is the case. I'd like to see them do something a little more dramatic this year than a Sinatra medley. Sinatra of course can be a little darker (It Was A Very Good Year/One for my Baby), but usually a Sinatra medley would indicate something more swing and bouncy.

vCash
    I don't see anything creative in this program.
    Rivals&their fans will be pleased.
    Dai deserves better program.

vCash
    The Sinatra bit was taken out before Champs Camp, fwiw. It was posted either in the previous thread, or the D/W uber thread in the trashcan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Why are you saying that? We don't even know if that's true. Probaly they're delaying the music announcement for completely different reasons. In the 2008/2009 season people got to know about their FD only at Skate America (or shortly before it), and that wasn't because they had changed the program (apparently they hadn't). As for that Sinatra rumour - well, probably it was just a rumour indeed. That means nothing. Anyway, we will find out at some point. No need to make such declarations in the official programs thread until then.
    IIRC, Sinatra Medley had been officially listed in D/W's IN profile page for a while.

vCash
    IIRC, Sinatra Medley had been officially listed in D/W's IN profile page for a while.
    The Sinatra medley was removed from D&W's ice network profile well before champs camp. And even before that we had information on FSU that, while they had considered using the Sinatra Medley, it was an idea that they had discarded and that their FD was something else.

vCash
    I love Dai's new SP....sassy, sexy...'To Dai For'!

Count me among the D/W fans prayin' that Sinatra has been dumped.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast