Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    No I just don't take things too seriously. But if you haven't realised by now you are being baited then I am not sure how you get by in life generally.

ITA
    yup, uh huh. I get by quite well, thanks for the genuine concern. (You may want to learn how to spell)

vCash
    Which word?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tplaxl View Post
    yup, uh huh. I get by quite well, thanks for the genuine concern. (You may want to learn how to spell)
    Which word is spelt incorrectly?

Whilst you are correcting me for spelling mistakes, which I am actually not sure what you are referring to, you might care to take some lessons in correct use of upper case letters and punctuation.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Aussie Willy;3681595]Which word is spelt incorrectly?

Whilst you are correcting me for spelling mistakes, which I am actually not sure what you are referring to, you might care to take some lessons in correct use of upper case letters and punctuation. [/QUOT

Noted!

re·al·ize   /ˈriəˌlaɪz/ Show Spelled [ree-uh-lahyz] Show IPA verb, re·al·ized, re·al·iz·ing.
    verb (used with object)
    1. to grasp or understand clearly.
    2. to make real; give reality to (a hope, fear, plan, etc.).
    3. to bring vividly to the mind.
    4. to convert into cash or money: to realize securities.
    5. to obtain as a profit or income for oneself by trade, labor, or investment.

vCash
    Haha, when did using English English become unacceptable. So, now we can only use American English???. Secondly almost all of the commonwealth use British English or English English, so you might need to broaden your narrow take on what is acceptable in English language.

vCash
    re·al·ize   /ˈriəˌlaɪz/ Show Spelled [ree-uh-lahyz] Show IPA verb, re·al·ized, re·al·iz·ing.
    Check a dictionary other than an American one. Or look a bit further down the webpage you got your source from.

From Dictionary.com - Also, especially British , re·al·ise .
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Check a dictionary other than an American one. Or look a bit further down the webpage you got your source from.

From Dictionary.com - Also, especially British , re·al·ise .
    The American one is much more reliable... After all, we now get to use the word "f-bomb" acceptably!

vCash
    The American one is much more reliable... After all, we now get to use the word "f-bomb" acceptably!
    Spell checking on a computer does not necessarily mean it is what should be accepted.

vCash
    Just so I understand, do you actually think Aussie Willie (note the moniker) spelt realise incorrectly?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Just so I understand, do you actually think Aussie Willie (note the moniker) spelt realise incorrectly?
    If you're following the conversation about it you would see that it is a difference between what dictionary you are using. By the ones Americans would use, yes it would looked to be spelled incorrectly, but by the dictionary Aussie would would use, no it is correct. Below is the American way of spelling it as I posted earlier.

verb (used with object)
    1. to grasp or understand clearly.
    2. to make real; give reality to (a hope, fear, plan, etc.).
    3. to bring vividly to the mind.
    4. to convert into cash or money: to realize securities.
    5. to obtain as a profit or income for oneself by trade, labor, or investment.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Um, following the conversation shows that in the first post on this page, you implied that she had spelling issues--in that, you disagreed that the British/English/Aussie way of spelling it with the "s" was an acceptable variant. (which is one that my version of Merriam/Webster allows completely, as a British variant).

And following the conversation still pretty much shows you to be an antagonizing (or antagonising) tool.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Um, following the conversation shows that in the first post on this page, you implied that she had spelling issues--in that, you disagreed that the British/English/Aussie way of spelling it with the "s" was an acceptable variant. (which is one that my version of Merriam/Webster allows completely, as a British variant).

And following the conversation still pretty much shows you to be an antagonizing (or antagonising) tool.
    No, I didn't disagree after the different dictiionary was pointed out. I didn't reference any "version" of a dictionary. I just pasted realized from dictionary.com. In fact, I made a joke about my verison being more acceptable because it now includes f-bomb as a proper word. I was giving what I was getting, which is quite a common thing on this forum. Call it whatever you like.

vCash
    Since it doesn't look like Themi and Rena is a likely pairing, we're now onto a debate abour regional spelling?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Since it doesn't look like Themi and Rena is a likely pairing, we're now onto a debate abour regional spelling?
    I know.. amazing isnt it.....

vCash
    I know.. amazing isnt it.....
    Or is it amasing?

vCash
    Sorry, tpaxel, I was more curious about the idea that someone was unaware of the British way of spelling and would then try to insult someone (as you did) for it.

vCash
    Sorry, tpaxel, I was more curious about the idea that someone was unaware of the British way of spelling and would then try to insult someone (as you did) for it.
    Simple answer. I've never seen one, so how would I know?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Simple answer. I've never seen one, so how would I know?
    Ever? Really? Wow.

vCash
    What I find even more curious is someone who has demonstrated a poor use of punctuation and grammar, is picking on someone else for what they perceive is a single spelling error, when in fact it was their general ignorance of the English language that was the problem.

vCash
    What I find even more curious is someone who has demonstrated a poor use of punctuation and grammar, is picking on someone else for what they perceive is a single spelling error, when in fact it was their general ignorance of the English language that was the problem.

This is so stupid now. Move on people. There are many things that could be pointed out in other posts, from several of the posters in this thread that are grammactically incorrect or have other errors. The topic here was an idea to have Themi and Rena pair up. Can we please get back to "picking on me" and "cutting me down" about that idea?! Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast