Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tplaxl View Post
    sub par? Are we watching the same skater? He has been one of the most consistent athletes the US has had and National finishes weren't much to do with his errors. If you'd like to suggest that Rockne, or Ladwig are stronger and better jumpers I'd like to hear it. They have however had the good fortune to have decent partners who could stand up most of the time. Even though one skated with barely a teenager, and the other who always had jumps downgraded.
    I saw him and Lindsay Davis compete a few years ago at Nationals. Themi fell on the SBS triple loop IIRC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo13 View Post
    I saw him and Lindsay Davis compete a few years ago at Nationals. Themi fell on the SBS triple loop IIRC.
    Does that label him as inconsistent? I remember the missed triple loop and I believe there was one missed at Nationals while skating with Naomi? If we're comparing skater to skater, and someone writing that he's a "sub par" I would compare the records of what was landed(without being downgraded) against the other athletes. That is how I would measure it. You could also add in all other competitions to get a better guage, but the comparisons would probably be similiar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I don't think that he is eligible. Doesn't a cruise ship gig preclude one from the eligible ranks?
    I believe USFS allows a one-time reinstatement application by an ineligible ("pro") athlete. So if Leftheris really wants to return to competition, he just needs to find a suitable and willing partner for next season and put in the work, like all the other current U.S. pairs are doing.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    And Lindsay landed hers IIRC.

vCash
    Does that label him as inconsistent? I remember the missed triple loop and I believe there was one missed at Nationals while skating with Naomi? If we're comparing skater to skater, and someone writing that he's a "sub par" I would compare the records of what was landed(without being downgraded) against the other athletes. That is how I would measure it. You could also add in all other competitions to get a better guage, but the comparisons would probably be similiar.
    Since I was the one who used the term, I would like you to not only defend his skating skills but his record against the men who have won bronze at the last few Worlds and Olympics and you tell me me if he is still not 'sub par'? Tikhonov, Szolkovy, Davidson, Zhao, Tong, Smirnov, and Tran. Do you still think he has a shot at Olympic bronze looking at the past and future skaters? Get serious? I'm all for skaters and their dreams but Olympics bronze with a woman in her 30s who missed 2010 with a great partner, only in a bad made for TV movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Since I was the one who used the term, I would like you to not only defend his skating skills but his record against the men who have won bronze at the last few Worlds and Olympics and you tell me me if he is still not 'sub par'? Tikhonov, Szolkovy, Davidson, Zhao, Tong, Smirnov, and Tran. Do you still think he has a shot at Olympic bronze looking at the past and future skaters? Get serious? I'm all for skaters and their dreams but Olympics bronze with a woman in her 30s who missed 2010 with a great partner, only in a bad made for TV movie.
    I don't need to defend the comment. Go back and watch every competition that is recorded and available he's in and you can see it for yourself. Tough competitor and comparably as strong as the men you listed. A vast majority of the mistakes in his competitions were made by the other partner. FYI, the bronze medal is won by two people in pairs, not one, right? That would mean that both people had to skate pretty well.
    Did you just say John Baldwin was great partner?! Any idea of how many SBS triple jumps John turned into doubles?

vCash
    Rena's success was greatly held back by John also. That is why I made the suggestion for someone to get these two strong competitors to give it a go. Of course it's far fetched and not likely! Both people probably don't want to compete again, but to say if they were at their best they wouldn't be competitve isn't fair. BOTH, are very strong driven athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Get serious? I'm all for skaters and their dreams but Olympics bronze with a woman in her 30s who missed 2010 with a great partner, only in a bad made for TV movie.
    But it is not their dream. It is a strange dream tplaxl has conjured up for goodness knows what reason. Don't even see the point in arguing it or justifying it as it just ain't going to happen.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    But it is not their dream. It is a strange dream tplaxl has conjured up for goodness knows what reason. Don't even see the point in arguing it or justifying it as it just ain't going to happen.
    Not a dream, just a hope. A hope for two deserving athletes who never reached their full potential. Is it so wrong to want that for them and suggest it?

vCash
    Not a dream, just a hope. A hope for two deserving athletes who never reached their full potential. Is it so wrong to want that for them and suggest it?
    But it is never going to happen!!!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    ^michal brezina will never get a olympic gold but I still mention hope for it at every opportunity there's nothing wrong with hoping and dreaming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    ^michal brezina will never get a olympic gold but I still mention hope for it at every opportunity there's nothing wrong with hoping and dreaming
    I think that is more likely than what was being proposed here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I think that is more likely than what was being proposed here.

You really just aren't a very good person are you? Hopefully I never meet you. The negativity that surrounds you is disturbing and toxic.

vCash
    I don't need to defend the comment. Go back and watch every competition that is recorded and available he's in and you can see it for yourself. Tough competitor and comparably as strong as the men you listed. A vast majority of the mistakes in his competitions were made by the other partner. FYI, the bronze medal is won by two people in pairs, not one, right? That would mean that both people had to skate pretty well.
    Did you just say John Baldwin was great partner?! Any idea of how many SBS triple jumps John turned into doubles?
    Yeah always blame the girl... Most if not all of falls in throw jumps are because the guy doesn't know how to throw...

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    You really just aren't a very good person are you? Hopefully I never meet you. The negativity that surrounds you is disturbing and toxic.
    And the delusion that surrounds you is disturbing as well. Seriously.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Yeah always blame the girl... Most if not all of falls in throw jumps are because the guy doesn't know how to throw...
    Hmm, Where did I say it was based on just the throws? I've seen a lot of competitions where it was the SBS jumps that were missed by partners. I definitely was not referring to just throws if you interpreted it that way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Guess your dating Aussie Willy?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Guess your dating Aussie Willy?
    Guess again, chuckles.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    There are plenty of mistakes that girls make that have nothing to do with the guy (and there are also a lot that do have to do with him). And in some cases, it it always the girl. In others, it's always the guy.

vCash
    No I just don't take things too seriously. But if you haven't realised by now you are being baited then I am not sure how you get by in life generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    ITA

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast