Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    I feel like I'm back in the '80s again. I was explaining to football-hater that Dallas and the Skins played in the NFC championship game at some point, when I looked it up it was in 1982. Between the 'Skins flashbacks and the ones I got seeing Argo, it's all very back to the future....

Morris sure reminded me of Riggins last night.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Going on diet soon
    vCash
    Black Monday. Many coaches and GM's being fired today, including my Bears' coach, Lovie Smith. Lovie was a good defensive coach, but had no interest in the offense, and constantly hired the wrong offensive staff. It will be interesting to see how many coaches are recycled.
    Crows and Eville SQUIRRELS love peanuts!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Good riddance to Chan.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    It will be weird seeing Andy Reid coach somewhere other than Philadelphia next season!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    WHO DEY!!! Good luck to my Bengals tomorrow and hoping they in Houston!!!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Boy, Shaub & Company are lucky to be playing a team that is incapable of winning in the post-season, because they were pretty anemic today, yet they'll advance to the divisional round.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Darn it! Hoped that the Begals could pull it out. They were very close but just couldn't make the big plays down the stretch. Oh well. I didn't see either team getting past the Patriots anyway, especially considering the thrashing Houston took from the Patriots just a little while ago.

The Pack are looking good. Too bad the Vikings' starting QB couldn't play.
    Last edited by jenny12; 01-06-2013 at 02:48 AM.

vCash
    Go Pack!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    C'mon redskins D, you're falling apart!

vCash
    Finally a good wildcard game! Too bad about RG3's injury though.

vCash
    First half was pretty well-played on both sides, third quarter is really sloppy. C'mon Skins!!!

vCash
    Oh no, RGIII is down, he's horribly hurt
    Last edited by Cheylana; 01-07-2013 at 12:23 AM.

vCash
    Poor RGIII! I think Atlanta should win over the Seahawks, but they didn't close out the season that well, so it might be interesting. Can't wait for Ravens-Broncos and Packers-49ers!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Poor RGIII! I think Atlanta should win over the Seahawks, but they didn't close out the season that well, so it might be interesting. Can't wait for Ravens-Broncos and Packers-49ers!
    Alright, call me more of a Jewish mother than a sports fan, but that guy has been playing hurt for a month. We're not ready to go deep into the playoffs yet anyway. I'm fine with our season ending in the playoffs, and just like the Nats, with more seasoning the 'skins will be able to contend with anyone. And RGIII gets several months to get his knee better! For god's sake, coaches, he has his whole career ahead of him!

vCash
    Yay Ravens for getting a playoff win at home! And against the Colts, no less. Glad CBS decided to show Ray Lewis's final pre-game dance (). I hope next week isn't his last game, but given that we're playing the Broncos, in Denver, I'm not too optimistic. C'mon guys, keep Ray playing!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    As sad as I am that the Redskins lost, and even if RGIII didn't get hurt again, I don't know if I could have taken another week of them playing him in this condition. It was just painful to watch.

It was a great comeback year for the Skins so I hope RGIII heals quickly, but more importanly fully.

In the meantime, GO RAVENS!
    Last edited by Rob; 01-07-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: spell
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    RGIII is having knee reconstruction today and may or may not be ready for training camp/opening day next season.

Shanahan absolutely should have pulled him at halftime, for a couple of reasons. One, he couldn't play! He couldn't run, he couldn't throw the ball well, he could not help the team at that point and it was obvious to everyone including the Seahawks. Two, because he was compromised it put him at further risk because he couldn't run or maneuver to get away from hits.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Dear Bills fans,
    I hate you all. Nothing personal but your team stole my coach.
    Love,
    Your friendly neighborhood Syracuse fan.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    RGIII is having knee reconstruction today and may or may not be ready for training camp/opening day next season.

Shanahan absolutely should have pulled him at halftime, for a couple of reasons. One, he couldn't play! He couldn't run, he couldn't throw the ball well, he could not help the team at that point and it was obvious to everyone including the Seahawks. Two, because he was compromised it put him at further risk because he couldn't run or maneuver to get away from hits.
    Shanahan has managed to make himself more controversial than Congress in this town, and that's saying something. I have heard people bitching about this in the office, the Safeway, the drug store....it's probably being bitched about in the Oval Office.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Dear Bills fans,
    I hate you all. Nothing personal but your team stole my coach.
    Love,
    Your friendly neighborhood Syracuse fan.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast