Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Wow, if Tom Brady wins this year, he will be tied with Montana and Bradshaw for the most SB wins ever.

Kaepernick was awesome last week, but Atlanta's defense is far superior to Green Bay's so I'd be surprised if it was a repeat performance.

So far, Atlanta is owning Kaepernick. Wow. Green Bay's defense must have been horrific.

Spoke to soon (as always). Nice comeback for Kaepernick and 49ers.

Kaepernick for MVP! WOW!!!!

Funny how things change so quick!

Falcons D have had a good two weeks, that's about it. They're D has been mediocre all season.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Sorry Falcons fans. Feel bad for Tony Gonzalez. Would have been nice to see such a tremendous player make it to a SuperBowl. Crazy he has only seen one playoff win (and a squeaker at that) in such a long and distinguished career.

Congratulations to the 49ers. I guess Jim Harbaugh is officially vindicated for promoting Kaepernick. Guy is pretty special.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    Falcons D have had a good two weeks, that's about it. They're D has been mediocre all season.
    Yeah, it really broke down in that second half.

Brady 67-0 when leading at halftime at home! Wow!
    Last edited by jenny12; 01-21-2013 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Niners are going to the Super Bowl! Woohoo. I don't know who to cheer for, Pats or Ravens....

vCash
    My husband is having a heart attack over this Pats game.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Mine has just quit watching.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    RAVENS!!!!!!!

vCash
    Tom Brady now 67-1 when leading after halftime!

Congrats Ravens! Go Niners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    My husband has had several. Tough break for the Pats but Baltimore outplayed my team tonight.

vCash
    HAR-BOWL
    Shocked that the Pats got bageled in the second half; looks like the Ravens made good halftime adjustments.
    I don't really have a dog in the Super Bowl, but at this point I see the Ravens winning the Super Bowl; they just seem to have inherited the pixie dust that the G-men got last year. I'll be rooting for the Niners (NFC bias) but I can live with either team winning.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Both of my teams lost today.

I guess I'll be a SF fan for the next two weeks, even though I usually root for the AFC. I just cannot root for any team with Ray Lewis, and I wish the Ray Lewis love-fest would just be over.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    wrong thread

vCash
    YAY TEAM! YAY TEAM! GO RAVENS GO!!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Cyn, thanks for sharing your story. I was rooting for Atlanta, mostly cuz of Tony Gonzales.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah Ravens! At least my #2 team made it to the Super Bro. With the bonus of beating Belichick and Brady!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    With the 49ers in the Super Bowl, they have the rare chance to complete the Double for San Francisco. The SF Giants already won the World Series and to pair it with a Super Bowl would be tremendous feat. Done in 1979 in Pittsburgh, it's a special thing for a city.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Both of my teams lost today.

I guess I'll be a SF fan for the next two weeks, even though I usually root for the AFC. I just cannot root for any team with Ray Lewis, and I wish the Ray Lewis love-fest would just be over.
    For real. Between that and the inevitable Harbaugh brothers stories I'm pretty blah about the Super Bowl. All the great teams in the playoffs this year and this was the matchup I least wanted, LOL.

vCash
    Even though I'm happy with this Superbowl match-up, I can see where this one probably doesn't have the glamour that last year's New York Giants v. Patriots had. Probably from an entertainment stand point, many might have wanted a Patriots v. Atlanta match-up with those offenses going. SF v. Bal might be seen as a more defensive match-up even though Kapaernick is a pretty exciting QB.

vCash
    Every team that I cheered for, lost. I was not surprised that the Falcons lost, based on how they allowed Seattle to get back in the game after gaining a 20-0 lead. This time they blew a 17-0 lead against a very good team. I know Matt Ryan (QB) will get brunt of the blame, but the blame should be squarely on the defense which could not stop a second year inexperienced QB (Kaepernick). After falling behind 17-0, every time the 49rs had the ball, they scored a touch down. When the Falcons were threatening to score at the end of the game, the 49rs defense did its job and that was the difference in the game.

The Falcons should really have lost to the Seahawks. I don't think they belong in the superbowl, unless they improve their defense. Defense wins championships.

I did not get to watch much of the NE-Balt game because part of the game I was on my way to the hockey game, then I watched it while eating at a restaurant, but after that I was standing in line for one hour to get in the arena, and could not see the TV screens which were like 50-100 yards from the line. I must have missed a good game, though not the outcome I wanted.

I am sure the media are loving the Harbaugh vs Harbaugh superbowl. I am not going to watch anything related to the superbowl, except the game itself, in 2 weeks.
    At least my brother, who is a diehard 49rs fan, is happy. That is some consolation.

vCash
    Although I'm rooting for the 49ers, this guy makes me not mind if the Ravens did win:
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/8902198/esp...lliver-remarks

Culliver's an idiot, but good for Ayanbadejo for speaking out in support of gay rights. He did so way before Culliver's remarks.
    Last edited by jenny12; 02-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny12 View Post
    Although I'm rooting for the 49ers, this guy makes me not mind if the Ravens did win:
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/8902198/esp...lliver-remarks
    That is equally and coming from a 49er, because San Francisco is like, the gay mecca of the world.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast