Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Steve Sabol, 69, son of Ed Sabol, the originator and creator in 1962 of NFL Films, died yesterday of brain cancer he had been battling since 2011. Steve was apparently the creative force in the company, in fact, he was one of the earliest cameramen in the group. Steve personally received 35 Emmys for writing, editing, directing, cinematography, and producing. He incorporated wireless microphones and slow motion replays into the television film editions. He also conceived of "NFL Bloopers." Although baseball had previously been the most popular American sport, Steve's and his father's company, originally based in Philadelphia and recently out of Mt. Laurel, NJ, brought American football to the front of US sports entertainment. For vocal interest, Steve used local television personality John Facenda's booming voice and continued with the distinct words of baseball commentator Harry Kalas, both legends in their own time. Steve assumed control of the company, NFL Films, when his dad, who survives him, semiretired.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Bills
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Ugh day for DC sports.

But nothing as awful as Raven's WR and former Terp Torrey Smith losing his 19 yr old little brother in a motorcycle accident this morning. Devastating. He went home for part of the afternoon, rejoined the team, played the game and scored 2 touchdowns. Tough as nails.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    The replacement ref's had a horrible day. The 49ers almost stole a game from the Vikes due to an incredilby bad ruling. And there were horrible calls littered all over Sunday. Frankly the integrity of the Game is now being threatened, and at this point the NFL MUST make a deal with the regular ref's to get them back ASAP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    But nothing as awful as Raven's WR and former Terp Torrey Smith losing his 19 yr old little brother in a motorcycle accident this morning. Devastating. He went home for part of the afternoon, rejoined the team, played the game and scored 2 touchdowns. Tough as nails.
    He was amazing. Phew, that game was scary at times. I had flashbacks to last year's AFC Champ game when the kicker went out, and when it started to go wide, I think I stopped breathing for a few secs, lol. But they beat the curse. Congrats to the Ravens on figuring out how to score before the game got out of hand and for coming back to win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Bills
    But Spiller is now out

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    But Spiller is now out
    I know. Maybe only for a week, though.
    3539 and counting.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    The replacement ref's had a horrible day. The 49ers almost stole a game from the Vikes due to an incredilby bad ruling. And there were horrible calls littered all over Sunday. Frankly the integrity of the Game is now being threatened, and at this point the NFL MUST make a deal with the regular ref's to get them back ASAP.
    Yes they do. Every game I saw yesterday had horrible calls.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Horrible, horrible call (even after review) in the last few seconds of the Packers/Seattle game. Gave the win to the Seahawks. These temp referees are
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    If people were complaining about the refs before...yikes. What an ending to Green Bay versus Seattle!

vCash
    We've reached new levels of , , , and .
    Creating drama!

gold dust woman
    vCash
    There are no words for this Packer fan...

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I'm a day late here, but for the Atlanta Falcons!

Of course, they'll probably do their usual thing when they don't suck from the get-go, which is have a kickass regular season, only to completely tank as soon as the playoffs begin

Sometimes it's really difficult being a fan of Atlanta's professional sports teams .

vCash
    So many commentators are saying, "it appears," "it seems," "apparently," etc.

How about - "wow, Jennings intercepted the ball, then Tate, fresh off of shoving the Packer in front out of the way, snuck his hands in there and they called it a catch for Tate."

Is there any other way to describe what happened? I mean, you can see Tate grab Jennings arm first, then reach again to try to get the ball that Jennings already had in his possession.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Nope, that's what happened. Stupid, stupid call.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    It's just a disgrace that the NFL has allowed it's product to be corrupted like this. The players risk so much to play the game, the league has a Debt of Honor to them to ensure a level playing field. Instead, they are allowing this sham of a game to happen and the results are what we saw last night. And this just doesn't impact the Seahawks and Packers, it impacts the other teams in their respective divisions. Which goes to the integrity of the game itself.

BTW, watch the NFL try to spin this as a "simultaneous catch" and insult our intelligence in the process.

vCash
    The ending of the Packers-Seahawks game was the ultimate disgrace for what used to be the best pro league. The ending is drawing a lot of ire for the obvious reason, but even earlier in the game a Packer defensive player was incorrectly called for PI when the offensive player should have drawn the PI penalty. It did not need a slo mo review; it was so obvious, just like that last play- it was an interception, and not a TD.

The NFL is trying to do CYA by saying the Packers should have won because of the offensive PI on the last play, but that it was not reviewable according to rules. That is correct, but what is shocking is that even after reviewing the officials gave the TD to the Seahawks.

I am not a Packers fan, even remotely. However, I am upset with the outcome of this game. It threatens the integrity of the game.

This was not the only one though. Earlier, the 49rs were awarded two challenges by these refs, which they should not have. In game 1 of the season, Seattle (again!) was awarded a time out they did not have. Fortunately for the Cardinals it did not change the outcome of the game.

When the refs start deciding the outcome of the game (intentionally or due to incompetence), it is time to stop and look and listen- Roger Goodell, I hope you are doing that and end the strike quickly. The amount involved is miniscule (3.3 million) when compared with the multi-billion dollar organization- the NFL.

I don't like to change the outcome of the game after it's over, but in this case it will be fair to award the win to Green Bay- not because the officials missed the offensive PI, but because they missed the interception and called it a simultaneous possession and a TD. Anyone could tell it was not a simultaneous possession. Jennings clearly caught the interception and Tate only pretended to have a share of that catch.

vCash
    The NFL is not giving up its position in the negotiations, even after the Monday night debacle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sihp&hpt=hp_c1

The only way they will be motivated to seek compromise is if the fans boycotted the game- on TV and at the game. We know that's not going to happen.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    When do you have to begin worrying about the players sitting out? Why should they put their bodies on the line for a sport that isn't even being called correctly? What is the point?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Too much money at stake for the players to sit out I'm afraid.

And it's no fun to report that I was correct that the league would insult our intelligence by proclaiming it a legal catch. Every sports talk show in the country is mocking that proclimation, and even show's like the "today" show were talking about it. And despite this public relations nightmare, the league is hanging tough on the negotiations. <sigh>

BTW, evidently there were over 70,000 telephone calls of protest into NFL headquarters in the last 24 hours. Yet they are unmoved...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast