podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash

At long last, the latest Manleywoman SkateCast! #57 with collector Roy Blakey

Thanks everyone who listens to my podcasts for all your patience while it took me much of the summer to switch hosting services. The files individually are so large, that my old service couldn't handle the bandwidth anymore. So I did my homework and settled on a service that specializes in podcasting and promoting the podcasting community. Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this for a long while!

Anyhow . . . SkateCast #57 with is Roy Blakey, a prolific collector of skating memorabilia who has been collecting for over 70 years! He has his own website that gives an overview of ice show history and highlights of the collection itself. He also was recently on Antiques Roadshow with one of his costumes for Sonia Henie.

Thanks again for your patience and enjoy the episode!!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Hi MW,

Could you list the websites you mention at the beginning of the podcast as well?

Cheers

EOS

podcast mistress
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Hi MW,

Could you list the websites you mention at the beginning of the podcast as well?
    From my site:
    " A prolific collector of skating memoribilia for over 70 years, Roy Blakey is the owner of one of the worlds largest collection of skating memorabilia. Highlights of his collection, and an overview of show skating, can be viewed at his website Ice Stage Archive. His collection is going to be featured in an upcoming documentary by Roy’s niece Keri Pickett called The Fabulous Ice Age. He talks about how a day at the movies started his love for skating, his happiness with being in skating shows himself, and how much fun he had showing a Sonia Henie costume on an episode of Antiques Roadshow (Roy is at the 28:55 mark in the video). 58 minutes, 02 seconds"

vCash
    It was well worth the wait!
    I enjoyed the interview very much.

Thanks, manleywoman.

podcast mistress
    vCash
    Highlights from this episode are now transcribed.