Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Learning basics from Katia would be a dream come true! Lucky you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Oh, lucky, lucky you! Good luck and have fun and I hope you don't turn into a wibbling mess!
    I want a warm-up jacket with that written on it. In sparkles. Just so everyone is clear on what to expect

victoriajh -Have fun with your lesson & let us know how the rink works out with several skaters on the ice and the smaller size. I'm assuming they allow fewer people on the ice for FS than Olympic-sized rinks?

vCash
    The Zayak rule needs to be overhauled for jumps after the first in combination, and the sequence rule could be changed to de-value the second jump only, since relative to a combo, the second jump in a sequence should be less difficult (in theory and in general) than the second jump in a combo.
    I've never really liked the sequence penalty. Yes, the intervening step usually makes the following jump easier than in a combination, but it is still harder than that jump when done as a solo jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    back to the rink and skating center- i emailed and am in process of setting up a lesson with Katia!!! i think will see about having her do some updates to an old program and some basics_ because A) thats all i can do!! and B) she has such great basics..... cant wait!!!!
    Let us know how it went please.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I've never really liked the sequence penalty. Yes, the intervening step usually makes the following jump easier than in a combination, but it is still harder than that jump when done as a solo jump.
    But it enables you to squeeze two jumps into one pass, giving you more points.

vCash
    Tell us how it went, victoriajh! We are dying to know!

I am so sad I don't live in Irvine anymore, because I would so, so, so love to skate there! I was so annoyed by having to drive to Anaheim or Aliso Viejo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    back to the rink and skating center- i emailed and am in process of setting up a lesson with Katia!!! i think will see about having her do some updates to an old program and some basics_ because A) thats all i can do!! and B) she has such great basics..... cant wait!!!!
    So cool. And congratulations!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678