Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    ^^^and YOUR name is? Your affiliation? Your homeclub? Your kid's names and emails?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Moderators- thank you for removing offending post. Can you remove Iceymom from posting here as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceymom View Post
    Unfortunately, there are many twists and turns to this story, and the veracity, sexual activity with others and mental health status of the accuser will certainly be a very large issues.
    Regardless of what the truth is, making a statement like this is just disgusting.

This is the typical mud-throwing, 'blaming the victim' sexist discourse.

Sexual abuse is sexual abuse. It doesn't matter all how sexually active the victim was or wasn't.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Is is typical to deny bail in cases involving minors or extradition? Because the civil suit was filed a while ago so he knew this investigation was brewing, yet he was at his home, I presume still teaching in MD. Seems like he had plenty of time to flee, but didn't. Did he go to Lake Placid ice dance comp this summer?

Anyway, if they have the phones, they should be able to figure out where the texts came from.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I was wondering the same thing Rob, but decided it must be due to the impending extradition.

It is odd that almost an entire year separates the alleged victim's complaint to police and the arrest. When you think about her having to go to the rink every day after the complaint and face not only him but rabid skate moms like iceymom, it's no wonder she quit the sport. The civil case is making a bit more sense.

Eta: I just realized that they're suing the rink as well, hence all of the skating mom comments letting us know that the alleged victim is in "fact" a lying skank.
    Last edited by berthesghost; 09-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    .....It is odd that almost an entire year separates the alleged victim's complaint to police and the arrest. .....
    Great point. Maybe the alleged victim was trying to help police build a case, IF -- repeat, IF -- this was a recurring pattern of behavior by the alleged perpetrator? I guess that details will come out in time.

FOX published this article, with a few more details:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/06...-abusing-teen/

The suit, filed in July in Prince George's County, Maryland, by the girl's father, also alleges Sretenski sent more than 500 text messages, including "I go crazy when I look at you" and "I love you" and urged her to delete them.

The girl, identified in court papers as an "elite, nationally acclaimed skater," quit the sport because of what happened and suffered severe emotional distress
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 09-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Maybe the text messages were like "Practice your field moves", "Do 6 camel spins", etc.

I wonder how the girl's parents arrived at the $5 million in damage value?

it is the maximum coverage on the PSA liability insurance
    http://www.amerspec.com/psa/insurance_summary.pdf

vCash
    Ah, the Russian press has now picked this up. Voice of Russia Engl-lang interview with Sretenski's attorney:

http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_09_06/Fi...ouch-arrested/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Ah, the Russian press has now picked this up. Voice of Russia Engl-lang interview with Sretenski's attorney:

Titled "Figure skating couch arrested"... Just such a sad situation regardless how the case ends.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post

Couch arrested?

Sorry cant resist

vCash
    a figure skating couch... is that something like a Disney dancing teapot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snowballs View Post
    Is that somebody's short dance this year? Please let it be the Greek team.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Considering the charges, I suspect a figure skating couch is something used in the kiss & cry.

vCash
    Tatiana Tarasova has given a Russian radio interview defending Sretenski's character: http://www.radiovesti.ru/articles/2012-09-06/fm/65324
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    brought to you by Babblefish? (sorry)
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    These sort of situations are always very delicate. Let's not point the finger against Sretensky or the alleged victim. That is the easiest thing to do. Let the judicial system do it's work and hope that truth will prevail.

vCash
    No, but it would be a great open for a Simpson's episode.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    This thread makes me regret joining FSU.

I can't believe the willingness to defend a possible child molester. I can't believe there are people dragging out a plot point from a TV show to defend him. Accusing the victim of greed for filing a civil case? Really? The benefit of doubt should always go to the underaged victim. Always.

TAT'S comments are cringeworthy.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Really? I thought most people in this thread were advocating the "innocent until proven guilty" mindset, towards both the accused and the alleged victim. I thought most people were finding it cringeworthy that someone would publically "out" the alleged victim by gender, name, situation, and slander that person here. Perhaps I'm biased, but I think considering the insidious nature of what this thread could, and may still become, it's been mostly compassionate and even-minded, with one notable exception.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valyrian View Post
    TAT'S comments are cringeworthy.
    I agree. Lots of respectable and respected folks can commit horrible acts. TAT and Sretenski would be better served by TAT keeping her mouth shut. TAT only calls attention to the alleged incident, which can't be helping Sretenski. If TAT is wrong, it shows her lack of judgment (already does, IMO, by speaking out). If TAT is right, what good comes of it? "See, I told you so?"

O-

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast