Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I really hope it's just they'll get flung in to the past together. I didn't care for Amy at first but she's grown on me and I want her and Rory to get some kind of happily ever after together, even if it means they can't travel with the Doctor anymore.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ As much as I'd love that ... it doesn't really result in them "leaving." The Doctor could simply go back to 1950, or 1250, or whenever to pick them up for more adventures.

No, I think the Ponds' ending is going to be more final -- and heartbreaking -- than that.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Can't they just decide they don't want to travel with him anymore? I got the impression that they have already been thinking of quitting.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Well, everyone can, but I get the impression that traveling with the Doctor is like being on drugs; you know it's bad for you but it's SO hard to quit (and can be quite incredible, but that's not like drugs at all. :p )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ^ As much as I'd love that ... it doesn't really result in them "leaving." The Doctor could simply go back to 1950, or 1250, or whenever to pick them up for more adventures.

No, I think the Ponds' ending is going to be more final -- and heartbreaking -- than that.
    May have to be spoiled for this one.

vCash
    Superb ending. The scene on the rooftop was masterful.

vCash
    Well, I expected it to be more heartbreaking than that -- but I'm ok with that! I actually cried more at the scene with River hiding her broken wrist than I did with the ending for the Ponds.

Loved the episode, so many little touches throughout. I will never hear a child's giggle the same way again!

One detail in the episode bugged me tho: When the Angels were first introduced in Blink, they'd stolen the Tardis because it had enough temporal energy to feed them for centuries. So how come this time round, with the Tardis right there in the house they have overrun, they didn't pay it the slightest bit of attention?

I also enjoyed the Doctor Who In America special that Space aired immediately after. Always good to see John Barrowman again.

vCash
    Loved the episode, so many little touches throughout. I will never hear a child's giggle the same way again!
    I know, I was thinking the same thing - thanks a lot Moffat.

One detail in the episode bugged me tho: When the Angels were first introduced in Blink, they'd stolen the Tardis because it had enough temporal energy to feed them for centuries. So how come this time round, with the Tardis right there in the house they have overrun, they didn't pay it the slightest bit of attention?
    Do you suppose it has to do with the fact that the Doctor has been erasing himself? Perhaps since they don't know who he is, they don't know about the Tardis?

My favorite line:

Amy: You think you'll just come back to life?
    Rory: When don't I?

Such perfect exasperation in Rory's voice.

Also:

The Doctor: Come along Pond.

My god, Matt Smith's deliver of that line. So desparate and sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    Do you suppose it has to do with the fact that the Doctor has been erasing himself? Perhaps since they don't know who he is, they don't know about the Tardis?
    Hmm, interesting, could be. But my impression was not that they sought out the Tardis because they know who the Doctor is and what the Tardis contains ... but because they could sense/smell the time energy in the Tardis.

vCash
    I've watched the episode twice now, and the part that ALWAYS makes me cry is Amy gripping River's hand and telling her to be a good girl and look after the Doctor. Man, I am such a sucker for family relationships. I wish Rory had been given his chance to tell his daughter good-bye, but I'm glad Amy was.

All things considered, that's not a bad "ending" for a companion. They were together, they were happy, they lived a good life. It stinks for the Doctor and for their extended friends and family, but I would say the fate of Donna was much worse (and Rose, but only because her family had to put up with her mopiness. :p ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    All things considered, that's not a bad "ending" for a companion. They were together, they were happy, they lived a good life.
    What I don't understand, though, is that when the journalist was zapped back in time, there was an implication that he not only was trapped in time, but was trapped in that apartment. In that bed even. Then when they came across Old Rory, the same implication -- he'll be trapped "here" (as in, in this apartment) til he dies. After all, that's how the Angels have a continuous food source of time energy, by them being stuck in one place. So how come when Rory and Amy get zapped back together, they have a "happy life," publishing books and who knows what else? Sure, they're together, but even being with your beloved, if you're trapped for 60 years that hardly qualifies as a "happy life" in my books.

vCash
    Because when Rory was zapped back the last time, he wasn't sent to Winter Quay; that place didn't exist anymore. He was just sent back to NY but the Doctor couldn't travel back to that time because that time was "ruined" for time travel because of the paradox. Rory and Amy getting sent back was more like the people who got zapped in Blink. So that's how they could have a normal happy life.

vCash
    ^ Um ... okaaaay.

(I love Doctor Who. But I do not love the time travel headaches it sometimes gives me!)

vCash
    ^The season finale last year makes my head hurt when I think too much about it. I also love how convoluted and weird my explanations sound to other people. I've just given up on even trying to explain.

My mom: "I have absolutely NO IDEA what's going on."
    Me: "Well, Daleks are...er...the Doctor is an alien who is kind of immortal and can regener--oh forget it."

I had to spoil myself for this one, and I'm glad they figured out a way to have them just flung back in time. I'll have to watch the ep later this week.

vCash
    Why did Rory die at 87 when he spent 2000 years without aging?

vCash
    He was a auton for 2000 years in a timeline that ceased to exist after The Big Bang. The Rory that got zapped back in time was just a plain ole human Rory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by triple_toe View Post
    Why did Rory die at 87 when he spent 2000 years without aging?
    Not that this relates to your question but ... Rory died at 82, and Amy died at 87. (Or aged 2082 for Rory. )

Since they were the same age (I think -- same grade at school anyway), that means Amy lived on her own for 5 years after Rory died. Which makes me -- but not as as the thought of Rory living without Amy.

vCash
    Not that this relates to your question but ... Rory died at 82, and Amy died at 87. (Or aged 2082 for Rory. )

Since they were the same age (I think -- same grade at school anyway), that means Amy lived on her own for 5 years after Rory died. Which makes me -- but not as as the thought of Rory living without Amy.
    Someone over on Gallifrey base said that those ages were also the years of both actors' births.

Also notice no DOD...do we know exactly what year they ended up in? I can't remember.

vCash
    It doesn't say, but I think most people are assuming that they were zapped back to 1936 (or whatever year it was); just without the Winter Quay being there. It would be the reason why the Doctor couldn't go and get them because he couldn't get the TARDIS in that particular place in space and time anymore. Or something like that.

On Gallifrey Base, someone brought up a very good point and said that now that Amy and Rory live the rest of their lives in New York, that means they would have been around when Melody regenerated when she was a child. It really makes perfect sense. By the time Melody was on her second/third regeneration and living in GB, she already knew all about Rory and Amy. Someone had to tell her, but who? Certainly not Madame Kovarian. Possibly the Doctor. But now the most likely scenario is that Amy and Rory found her, raised her and then sent her off to GB so she could be young Amy's best friend. Unless one had established friends in high places, it would have been very difficult for Melody to learn about her parents and do the necessary traveling as a child.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. It would also explain why River wasn't as desolate as the Doctor was when Amy and Rory left. She knew that if they had never been zapped back, she never would have met them and been given the knowledge she needed to go to England and grow up with them.

I expect this is how Moffat will give us one last epilogue with the Ponds. Maybe not actually see them on screen, but have River explaining what happened to the Doctor so he feels better about what happened.

vCash
    Alex Kingston is certainly keeping busy.

Alex Kingston guest starring on ‘NCIS’

Kingston (ER) will be playing Miranda Pennebaker, who according to executive producer Gary Glasberg is a “woman of questionable morals,” reported TV Line .

Glasberg says Pennebaker “deals in everything from high end weapons sales to priceless gems. Her connections go all the way up the ladder of D.C. politics, and Gibbs needs her for this very disturbing, emotional case.”

The Daily Beast reported Kingston is appearing in the second season of Upstairs Downstairs where she is playing a lesbian character, Dr. Blanche Mottershead. She is an archaeologist and a very modern thinker. Mottershead will undergo a scandal when an ex-lover publishes steamy books based on their time together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast