Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I haven't stayed current on the "new season programs" thread, so this may be old news, but according to an article on Armin M. on ice network, he's using music from Dr Who for his free program this season.
    Will his costume incorporate a bow tie? And/or a fez?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post

The scarf is probably out. Although if he was an Ice Dancer he could use it in an exhibition piece.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I haven't stayed current on the "new season programs" thread, so this may be old news, but according to an article on Armin M. on ice network, he's using music from Dr Who for his free program this season.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen him skate, but I think I just became a fan!

vCash
    Not that that isn't kind of awesome, but this piece of news made me think of Blades of Glory. Will he be portraying the TARDIS at some point in the program? Will there be choreo indicating he is running from the Daleks? Or will he try to mimic the movements of the Daleks themselves?
    OMG, I might have to check back in with figure skating this season just to see that. I've become such a jaded fan, but if someone's doing a Dr Who program I just might have to start following it on a regular basis again.

vCash
    Fezzes are cool. Bowties are cool.

I always thought that a synchro program of Daleks vs Cybermen would be fun.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Here's Armin's program from a summer comp. He's skating at the Senior B in Salt Lake City this weekend, so we'll get a chance to see it again and see if he has a costume designed for the program.

According to the notes on the video, them music is Sad Man with a Box from the Murray Gold soundtrack.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    oops wrong thread

vCash
    Here's Armin's program from a summer comp. He's skating at the Senior B in Salt Lake City this weekend, so we'll get a chance to see it again and see if he has a costume designed for the program.

According to the notes on the video, them music is Sad Man with a Box from the Murray Gold soundtrack.
    Holy crap, the music choice is kind of awesome. I am really interested to seeing how this develops over the season!

Afterlife
    vCash

Thats from season 5. I had thought that some of the music from the season 5 soundtrack would make a good figure skating program. I'm excited to see how it ends up.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    1. Most seasons feature music that would make for fascinating programs.

2. "A Town Called Mercy" is easily my favourite episode of this young season.

3. Structurally, these episodes remind me of David Tennant's last specials. Wish they equalled them in heft, though.

vCash
    "His name's Joshua." "No it's not. I speak Horse. His name's Susan, and he want you to respect his life choice."

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    "His name's Joshua." "No it's not. I speak Horse. His name's Susan, and he want you to respect his life choice."

That had me .
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I was like : What did he just say ? PML !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Holy crap, the music choice is kind of awesome. I am really interested to seeing how this develops over the season!
    Honestly, this has just sparked my interest in skating again. Brill idea and music choice... Great skater. Hope he makes the team...

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash

Oooh, I quite like that!

I'm pretty sure that's The Mad Man With a Box and bits of I Am the Doctor. There's a lot of good music on the Who soundtracks, and I'm really glad someone is using it! Now I just need someone to skate to Doomsday

That cracked me up!

The episode as a whole felt kind of predictable plotwise, more foreshadowing for the Departure of the Ponds and driving home how essential it is for him to have a companion. It's like they couldn't quite give up the idea of having arcs, but doing Monster of the Week too.

vCash
    Yeah so far, we're getting the vibes that the pond wanna leave the Doctor to pursue their lives, without the danger of being with the doctor.
    As for the Arc, I think the first episode set the tone : "Doctor WHO ?". He's supposed to be dead, killed by River Song. I kept expecting her to show herself in that episode !
    I fear the pond's departure is gonna make me cry. I love them and their relationship with the doctor.

vCash
    Enjoyed "The Power of Three" -- particularly the "two lives" dynamic.

It was another nice part for Brian too, although between him and Wilfred I'm not sure I'm really buying the whole business of "No, go ahead, take my loved ones off on adventures with you, even if it kills them." Not that Brian knows what's coming, of course ...

And I am both looking forward to and dreading next week's episode ...

vCash
    But don't you find it hilarious that Mr WEASLEY is Mr Pond's father ? I was expecting him to say moldu at all times

vCash
    Crazy Dr Eleanor Bramwell!!!!!

Chicken Dance!!!!

Whee!!!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I loved that Stewart was the Brig's daughter. Nice little homage and great for long time fans. Not looking forward to the Ponds' exit - I will especially miss Rory. I just hope, that after al those jokes, he doen't die.

Lots of speculation that they'll get flung into the past by the Angels (so they die by living out their lives)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast