Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Someone on another board - I can't take credit for it - when reading the description for Miranda Pennebaker, wrote: "So, River Song then."

Another redhead in Gibbs' life. The sparks will fly.

vCash
    I finally watched it and cried like a baby. Sigh. I'm really loving this season so far. Every episode has been great.

Afterlife
    vCash
    What did everyone think of the Christmas special and Clara's debut?
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Is this the point where I get to tell all the Oswin=Clara naysayers "I told you so"? It is RIDICULOUS the amount of people who bought into the smoke and mirrors and were convinced that Jenna-Louise was playing two completely separate characters. :p

Afterlife
    vCash
    I always figured there had to be some sort of connection I just wasn't sure how they were going to set it up. I'm can't wait for April when the rest of the season will probably air.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    "Sir, please do not noogie me during combat prep!"

Another great Christmas special. Probably tied with "A Christmas Carol" for my favourite Christmas episode. "A Christmas Carol" had a better overall story, but "The Snowmen" gets extra points for returning fave characters, as well of course as setting up the Clara/Oswin quest.

And doesn't Matt Smith look like he was born to play a Dickensian character?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell411 View Post
    What did everyone think of the Christmas special and Clara's debut?
    I think in a lot of ways River was his equal but she was never a constant companion. But now he will have a companion who appears to be as sharp as he is and I cannot wait to see how she might challenge him. As far as the casting is concerned they picked a winner imho. I hope he gets to somehow see the Ponds from time to time.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I would've liked it even better if the new companion really had been from Victorian London, but I liked both Oswin Oswald and Victorian!Clara, so I'm reasonably confident I'm going to like modern day Clara too. I'm not crazy about the new intro and I'm definitely not crazy about the new Old Sk00l ST looking Tardis, but if he gets a companion who can be more of his equal I can live with those changes.

vCash
    I liked the episode and I like Clara/Oswin a lot, but my goodness -- that actress talks faster than Benedict Cumberbatch does in "Sherlock," and I didn't think that was physically possible.

And after all the times I've watched the LOTR movies, I can't believe I didn't recognize Ian McKellen's voice right off the bat. I'm getting old.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I finally watched it and I really liked it. I like Clara/Oswin already more than I ever liked Amy (though I loved Rory and liked Amy by the end of their run) and think the actress is just plain better. She also has great chemistry with Matt Smith.

Had we ever seen the lizard woman's wife before? For the life of me, I can't remember.

vCash
    Yes, both Vastra and Jenny were introduced in a Good Man Goes to War.

vCash
    I was at the Doctor impersonating Sherlock Holmes - classic! "And I can tell THIS is a business card!"

I'm sure Clara the 'new Pond' will grow on me, but I was sort of happy to see her fall off the ship with IceGoverneess.

vCash
    Finally got to see it and thoroughly enjoyed myself. When Clara first saw the TARDIS and was running around outside, I just had this feeling, and I no more than started to say it, when she did "It's smaller on the outside!" Cracked me up. The whole Sherlock ting, "Winter is coming" and Strax!

I just hope that the whole Timey-Whimey ride that Moffat seems to have in the works doesn't get too Wibbly-wobbly.

Also, the Greater Intelligence (GI) thing? Call back to the old series. I wondered about that, and apparently from those fans much more versed in Who than I, the GI was in the episodes "The Abominable Snowman" and "Web of Fear" from the Troughton (Two) years. I'm hoping that this might be in service of a 50th Anniversary special

Afterlife
    vCash
    So 5 days until the rest of the season finally starts! Any one else excited? Here is The Bells of St. John prequel for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234