Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    I've been in a rink that was posted "No hamsters." I've always wondered about that.
    Could it be a hockey thing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Could it be a hockey thing?
    Hmmm they could be used for a number of things.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Gerbils and mice are OK though, right?

vCash
    LOL

vCash
    Sure it didn't say "No hamster dance"? There's a rule I can support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FigureSpins View Post
    Sure it didn't say "No hamster dance"? There's a rule I can support.
    After yesterday's artistic competition, I would also ban "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", "Friend Like Me" and "Hakuna Matata"!

Three times I heard each of those songs. Come on people, creativity please!

vCash
    One of the coaches had a skater do "Hakuna Matata" with a giant potted plant from the rink's lobby. The plant was bigger than the kid, which was the point since she "popped up" from behind it during the "working on my roar!" part of the song. The rules say that the skater has to bring their props onto/off the ice without assistance and the kid really struggled with it to the point where we all held our breath, sure that it was going to topple over, dirt and all. I think I would have sent the parents to a thrift store for a lighter-weight fake plant instead.

vCash
    One of the coaches had a skater do "Hakuna Matata" with a giant potted plant from the rink's lobby. The plant was bigger than the kid, which was the point since she "popped up" from behind it during the "working on my roar!" part of the song. The rules say that the skater has to bring their props onto/off the ice without assistance and the kid really struggled with it to the point where we all held our breath, sure that it was going to topple over, dirt and all. I think I would have sent the parents to a thrift store for a lighter-weight fake plant instead.
    Never work with children, animals and potted plants.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    OMG, that's hilarious.

vCash
    Oh geeeeesh... yes, a fake plant indeed would have been much better! Bless the event referees in these situations... I don't know if I could handle having to pray to the skate gods for "no potted plant dirt falling onto the ice" in order to prevent an unexpected ice resurface and put the event behind schedule. *facepalm*

vCash
    That was at our home rink and it was her first competition, I think. She competed at one or two other rinks. Wonder what she used as a prop there? I doubt they borrowed the plant from our rink.

The cutest showcase prop I've ever seen was for the ever-popular "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" song. The skater had a painted vanity table with a frame instead of the mirror. I remember NOTHING about her skating and the music was same-old-same-old, but the hot pink vanity stands out in my mind. It's like I just watched it yesterday because it was top-heavy and the skater was tiny. Again, she struggled to get it over the threshold onto/off the ice. Still, very cute idea.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarice View Post
    I've been in a rink that was posted "No hamsters." I've always wondered about that.
    A2 Ice Cube?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8er1964 View Post
    A2 Ice Cube?
    Yes, do you know the story?

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    No. Unfortunately not. Next time I'm there, if I think about it, I'll ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12