Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    OMG ALex Zanardi, there aren't words to describe his attitude adn his achievements, inspirational just doesn't even come close
    agreed.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    OMG ALex Zanardi, there aren't words to describe his attitude adn his achievements, inspirational just doesn't even come close
    I missed most of the coverage yesterday so just looked this up and hs back story - OMG! I am against mainly using the word 'inspirational' re disabled people but there are no other words to use here
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Loved how he said he won his ticket to the Paralympics through that crash.

Caught a post-race interview with Pistorius after 100m semi and boy was he backtracking faster than his blades could carry him.

Amidst all that, Ireland won a 6th gold medal yesterday! Wheeee!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Cant believe the crowds here, seems the same sort of support that were at the Olympics
    The venues are actually fuller here than in the beginning of the Olympics, aren't they? Probably thanks to the fact that they sorted out the sponsor tickets situation.

When I saw the first cycling race in the velodrome, the place was so full that I actually had to check that this was indeed the same velodrome as in the Olympics rather than a smaller one! It's the same for the Aquatic Center. The Olympic Stadium is completely full even during the morning sessions! The crowds are so knowledgeable about the athletes and so enthusiastic too! I bet Michael Phelps would be impressed by the noise the crowd made for Ellie Simmonds!

We had had a thread about the highs and lows of the Olympics. For me, the Paralympics have been the highlight of what London has provided this summer. Another host country might have hosted an equally successful Olympics, but these Paralympics are beyond the expectations of anyone, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    We had had a thread about the highs and lows of the Olympics. For me, the Paralympics have been the highlight of what London has provided this summer. Another host country might have hosted an equally successful Olympics, but these Paralympics are beyond the expectations of anyone, IMO.
    I agree. I've been lucky enough to go to both Olympic and Paralympic events this summer, and the atmosphere has been the same at both of them, full of athletes giving their all and supportive, excited spectators.

vCash
    I am totally blown away by the Chinese swimmer doing the 400m freestyle with one arm - and winning a sliver - awesome!! And congrats to Joseph Craig for winning the gold in that race for Team GB

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Absolutely, I hope what London has started here carries on in Rio and beyond I am so proud of my country , mega crowds at olympic morning sessions like never seen before and the same for the paralympics!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    I am loving the coverage of the games on Channel 4 here in the UK - and love Clare Balding and Ade Adepitan for the evening coverage but OMG the daytime presentors are dire!!!!!
    I would just like to correct this comment - it is the afternoon presentors who are dire - the morning belongs to Jonathon Edwards and a lovely lady whose name eludes me and they are also very good.

Still nothing or no-one can beat Clare Balding who needs to present every major sports event from now on IMHO - she is simply awesome

Oh and I just love the BT ads with some of the Tream GB athletes - I think that Hannah Cockcroft would be an awesome person to hang out with - she has a great outlook on life and her laugh is just so infectious

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac;3676944I/
    think that Hannah Cockcroft would be an awesome person to hang out with - she has a great outlook on life and her laugh is just so infectious
    And Sally the wheelchair?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    And Sally the wheelchair?
    And the pair of them are about to race - good luck Hannah!!

ETA: She storms to the win - 2 1/4 seconds ahead of the rest of the field

vCash
    YYAAAYY - Dave Weir gets his 3rd gold of the games and I think he is still going in the Marathon!! Amazing race - again!!!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    YYAAAYY - Dave Weir gets his 3rd gold of the games and I think he is still going in the Marathon!! Amazing race - again!!!

Wheee Johnny in the 100M - White men can sprint!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash

Wheee Johnny in the 100M - White men can sprint!
    Fabulous race - he dominated it!!!!! And the crowd were just insane!!!

vCash
    Fabulous race - he dominated it!!!!! And the crowd were just insane!!!
    I'm amazed at his composure after the chanting and then the false start - fantastic win for him. And Weir today, Zanardi yesterday - just awesome athletes

vCash
    OMG Alex Zanardi, there aren't words to describe his attitude adn his achievements, inspirational just doesn't even come close
    I love this article::
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...nds-Hatch.html

and this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qY7LIGWj8E
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 09-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    eh, is that Eddie Izzard?

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    AragornElessar, I hope things went well at the clinic and you are feeling better!
    First off, the Sportsnet that's been showing Paralympic "coverage" here in Canada is Sportsnet One and that's only when there's a conflict w/TSN. Like last night when the Main TSN had the Opening Night of the NFL Season and TSN 2 carried the coverage from the US Open. Once again, a channel that's only available through Digital service/a dish and that not all Canadians have access to.

However...I was very impressed last night and I'll give credit when it's due. Sportsnet One showed the Yankees/Devil Rays game, as the race for the American League East division is really tight w/only one game between the Yankees and Baltimore Orioles w/less than three weeks left in the Regular Season. When I checked the on air guide and saw the Paralympics were on at 10pm, I was expecting to see a "We now join programming already in progress" message if the game went past the 10pm mark.

Instead, we got exactly as advertised and it was the UFC stuff that got that treatment instead. As pissed off as I am about the treatment the Paralympics are getting from the CTV/TSN/SN blob of Olympic/Paralympic Broadcasters, at least they showed last night's package properly.

As for Clinic, nothing but routine to make sure the Kidney's okay and get refills for my Transplant Meds. Then again, unlike some patients, I do what I'm told to do, as it would be stupid to do otherwise. It'll be 19 years for me on December 10th.

Now if I could just find a Doctor/Surgeon w/a pair of balls to actually go and take a look to see if we're right about my Gallbladder Surgery being screwed up nearly 11 years ago, then I'd be able to get the Hell out of this place and actually live my life again. Starting to think that's nothing more than a pipe dream though.

Anyway...

I am totally blown away by the Chinese swimmer doing the 400m freestyle with one arm - and winning a sliver - awesome!! And congrats to Joseph Craig for winning the gold in that race for Team GB
    You know what *really* blew me away the other night w/the coverage from the Pool? The 100 or 200 Butterfly for Men w/a Double Leg Amputation or Defect. That's one stroke that's so dependant on the power from the legs and to watch those guys literally launch up about mid chest during the stroke was so incredably impressive. Thinking about the amount of core work those guys, and ladies too, have to do in order to be able to do the Butterfly stroke and do it so well...My body aches just thinking of it.

BTW...In reading the quoted portion of OllieRow's post that Bournekraatzfan used, I saw the mention of how 2008 was the first Paralympics for Rowing. Well, when I bopped over to the Cdn Paralympic Committee's site the other night to see the latest medal standings, I decided to surf around a bit to see if there were any programs in my area I could get involved in. Of course, that would be nada and the closest being three hours away in Sudbury, but I did see there's going to be Canoe/Kayak joining the Paralympics in Rio when I looked at the various sports that make up the Games.

Also could have sworn I heard mention of ParaSnowboarding joining the Winter Games for Sochi, but couldn't find it listed over there. So maybe I'm wrong about that, but then again why would it be mentioned if it wasn't true?

Had to laugh at how some people are wringing their hands over a possible NHL Lockout next week. My reaction's been maybe we'll see a bit more of our National Sledge Hockey Team's games on TSN. It's part of the rights package they've got w/Hockey Canada, but the games are usually shown on TSN 2, therefore...

It would be nice if that did happen, as it's an amazing game and a lot of fun to watch too.

vCash
    Amazed at Alex Zanardi. I've always been an F1 fan and so when I saw his name in a headline beside Paralympic gold, my jaw dropped. I had no idea what sport he could be in... and, of course, he had to be in one where he could go uber fast, LOL!! Sometimes when you think F1 driver, you see a spoiled rich guy, but obviously he took lemons and made some fantastic lemonade! What an inspiration, as are so many of these athletes.

The paralympics are so inspirational. To do what they do, to overcome what are huge obstacles and see them do so well, wow. Everyone can learn from watching these athletes.

vCash
    For those of us in the UK is anyone else loving The Last Leg? Great irreverent comedy review, so refreshing

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Just saw the Blind triple jump
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast