Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    It seems that there is a large crowd at the olympic stadium for athletics today
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    For those wanting to watch online:

Install the Expat shield as per this thread:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84470

Broadcaster in the UK:

www.channel4.com
    Thank you so much, SHARPIE! I read online that channel 4 in the UK was covering the games, but I had no idea that those of us in other parts of the world could access it. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Yay thanks. This also seems to work. http://www.paralympic.org/
    Thank you, gingercrush! And congrats on Pascoe's wicked victory! The lead she had was unreal, and the fact that she set a WR in the heats and then smashed it in the final--just wow.

and here's one in English:
    http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

and one in French:
    http://www.rdsolympiques.ca/index.html

I hope these work abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    Since Sidney 2000 (I think, but definitely Athens), one of our cable sports channel, dedicates a lot of its programming to the paralympics. This year they have an entire channel broadcasting all that it can live and showing tape delays of what they couldn't broadcast after the competition day is over.

And they get a lot of viewers (why else they would be doing this??), which is great.
    Thanks for the info, beepbeep. That is wonderful! It is nice to see these athletes get the respect they deserve. and congrats on the gold that Andre Brasil won in the S10 50 free in WR time!

Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Not to leave the Canadians out, Clare Balding is now slagging off your lack of coverage as you're having a good games so far!
    good. I hope we see more criticism of the poor coverage of these Paralympic Games in Canada. I was just coming on to complain about this. With the exception of opening and closing ceremonies, we are getting a measly 1 hour of coverage a day on the English language networks (which are more obscure ones, as Aragorn Elessar mentioned) and it is the same story for the French language networks, RDS1 and 2. To add insult to injury, one of the networks broadcasting the Games has decided to show a half hour special on hockey goals--I mean, really? Like we don't get enough hockey coverage. It now takes up time that could be used to show a major sporting event that only happens once every 4 years? Disgraceful. And even if Canadian athletes weren't having a good outing at these Games, there are so many amazing athletes who are setting PBs and WRs and doing things. Also, I think it is really special that these Games are in England, a country that appears to be dong a great job of promoting differently abled sport, making it about the sports and the athletes as whole people and not their disabilities. It seems like the television coverage here is worse this year than in years past. Internationally, though, it appears to me that the Paralympic Games are becoming more and more popular. I am curious to know what people here think about the coverage they are receiving. Would you say it is more, less, or the same as in previous years? Thanks in advance

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Gold for Ireland!

Wonder where that puts us on the proper medals table.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Anyone watching "The Last Leg" on Channel 4? They've just had a question in their "Is it OK" segment asking "Is it OK to laugh at a Greek athlete called Tampaxios?"
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    For those in Canada who have access to a CITY-TV channel, they are scheduled to show a 3-hr version of the opening ceremony this evening (Aug. 31) beginning at 8 p.m. local time. Sorry for the lateness of this post but I just spotted it.
    Can't skate but love to watch

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Gold for Ireland!

Wheee! Where is the proper medals table anyway ya slacker?

Anyone watching "The Last Leg" on Channel 4? They've just had a question in their "Is it OK" segment asking "Is it OK to laugh at a Greek athlete called Tampaxios?"
    Excellent!! Absolutely ok to laugh, is this a real name?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    For those in Canada who have access to a CITY-TV channel, they are scheduled to show a 3-hr version of the opening ceremony this evening (Aug. 31) beginning at 8 p.m. local time. Sorry for the lateness of this post but I just spotted it.
    thanks! also, the coverage has switched from tsn2 to tsn1 for the next few days.

vCash
    Gold for Ireland!

congrats!

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, even if the broadcast was delayed by a couple of days. Another job well done by the organizers
    Can't skate but love to watch

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Anyone know the times for TSN? They'd showed yesterday's packaged hour at 10pm EST and I checked the on air guide for both channels tonight, but nothing.

I was afraid of that for nights like tonight when they've got conflict between two major events that are live. In this case the CFL Game of the Week on the Main TSN and the Nighttime Session of the US Open on TSN 2.

Anyone know?

vCash
    Internationally, though, it appears to me that the Paralympic Games are becoming more and more popular. I am curious to know what people here think about the coverage they are receiving. Would you say it is more, less, or the same as in previous years? Thanks in advance
    Aside from the virtually non-existent coverage in the States (would it kill NBCOlympics.com to have a Paralympics site?) I'd agree. Over the past few years I've gotten to know a number of people involved with the rowing program and 2008 was the first year it was included in the Paralympics. One of the women had competed in multiple Games for Track/Field and said the level of interest in Beijing was unlike anything she'd ever seen and the Games weren't an afterthought as they had been back in the early 90s. It seems like the movement has continued to gain momentum which is great to see.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    World Records Galore on the Track this morning!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    thanks! also, the coverage has switched from tsn2 to tsn1 for the next few days.
    Also check Sportsnet, they're showing highlights at night.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Another gold in the pool for Ireland!

Vacant
    vCash
    Ellie Simmonds you total legend!!! All that pressure - THE postergirl of the Paralympics, having to take on Victoria Arlen and all the of her classification and she smashes the WR by almost 5 seconds. Amazing stuff

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Another gold in the pool for Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by floskate View Post
    Ellie Simmonds you total legend!!! All that pressure - THE postergirl of the Paralympics, having to take on Victoria Arlen and all the of her classification and she smashes the WR by almost 5 seconds. Amazing stuff

Wheeee! That was amazing!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Vacant
    vCash
    Correction - she smashed the WR by 6 seconds I'm still in shock at what she just did in that last 100 metres!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    C'mon Jason Smyth!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Gold #3 for Ireland! Wheeee!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Now Gold #4! Super Saturday!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast