Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    What's not to love about dancing horsies?
    I wonder if the horses ever say neigh to any of the music choices.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I wonder if the horses ever say neigh to any of the music choices.
    ****GROAN!!****

I think I would be good at sitting volleyball actually Wheee! Looks fab!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Finally. I'm watching in the US!

Originally Posted by gingercrush
    Yay thanks. This also seems to work. http://www.paralympic.org/

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I luurves Lee Pearson #Gay paralympic crush

But I think the Austrian Dancing Horsie is better....
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Highs and lows of being Ellie Simmonds -

Another WR in the 200M indivual medley.

... then a kiss from David Cameron

Suppose the poor girl isn't old enough to vote yet
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Gold #5 for Ireland!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Another gold for Ireland!!! 1500M on track

I give Fred the task at the end of these games to plot a 'proper' medals table for the combined games!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Trying to make his head explode are you Sharpie?

Ellie Simmonds' race was shown in the package last night here and WOW!!! Love her stroke and form in the water. Just beautiful!!!

Wish I could see the Dancing Horsies. I have Transplant Clinic in one of the bigger towns in our area tomorrow. There's also a little Coffee Klatch in what passes for Downtown and they have WiFi. Going to see if I can't talk my Cousin into taking me a little bit earlier, going down there and watching some of the Streaming Coverage online.

Worth a shot.

What I'd love to see is some of the Wheelchair Tennis, but I'm assuming it hasn't started yet. Then again, w/our limited coverage who knows!?!

Prick Admin
    vCash

I give Fred the task at the end of these games to plot a 'proper' medals table for the combined games!
    That's pure

vCash
    Anyone else google medallists names to see what their disability is and how they got it? Or is it just me
    No it's not just you - I am so impressed in how determined these guys and gals are to go out and compete regardless of their disabilities and to be honest they leave me in awe with their accomplishments.

And the crowds have totally impressed me - all the venues are filled to capacity with crowds who are cheering for all the competitors!!
    Last edited by Lorac; 09-04-2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    We were lucky enough to be in the Stadium last night to see David Weir win and Oscar Pistorius lose amongst many other amazing performances, incredible crowds and atmosphere. All venues were full to capacity and loads of others just soaking up the atmosphere and watching on the big screens.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Blind football players with eye masks on are voiding me out! - Shove that in your pipe and smoke it overpaid plebs like Wayne Rooney!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Blind footballers always make me think of that Paddy Power ad.

vCash
    OH no - another GB mess up on a relay - the final baton change over was a huge screw up!! Still it looks as if they have the bronze at the moment!!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    PML at the US rugby team players , 'Is it ok to laugh when a guy gets knocked out of his wheelchair?' ..... then bumps a team mate out of his chair
    On that Un PC moment, I will share one I have had for years it's cos she reminds me of an annoying relative facially at times and no other reason..........

I sometimes would like to slap Ellie Simmonds.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Blind football players with eye masks on are voiding me out! - Shove that in your pipe and smoke it overpaid plebs like Wayne Rooney!
    And the very little bit of it I've seen has just impressed the hell out of me. Everyone ooohs and ahhhs over the footwork Footballers/Soccer Players have w/the ball, but these Players take it up to a true art form. Just incredable.

Also some of the goals have been out of this World!! That goal the one Argentinean player got on Iran the other day, it wouldn't have mattered if Superman was in goal I don't think, that thing was going top corner w/the speed of a bullet!! Thing of beauty it was.

Congrats to Summer Mortimer on her Second Gold Medal *and* World Record in the pool and what a race that was too!! She and Sophie Pascoe were literally side by side and stroke for stroke for the better part of the last 10 metres and I love it when it's like that. Really an amazing finish to watch.

Also Congrats to Benoit Huet, The Shark, on his Bronze. That was an entertaining race to watch too.

While we did have time to get to that Coffee Klatch/Cafe, their WiFi was acting up and I never did get online there. Darn it!!

vCash
    I am loving the coverage of the games on Channel 4 here in the UK - and love Clare Balding and Ade Adepitan for the evening coverage but OMG the daytime presentors are dire!!!!!
    Last edited by Lorac; 09-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.

vCash
    OMG ALex Zanardi, there aren't words to describe his attitude adn his achievements, inspirational just doesn't even come close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    OMG ALex Zanardi, there aren't words to describe his attitude adn his achievements, inspirational just doesn't even come close
    As Lance Brown, CTV Toronto Sports Anchor, said during the Supper Hour cast...Everyone should get a copy of Alex's race, so when they think they're having a tough time and can't deal w/what's going on, this can remind everyone there is nothing that can't be dealt w/and handled.

I remember seeing Alex's crash and thinking there is no way he could survive that just on it's own. In fact, he nearly died twice IIRC? For him to come back from it and win Paralympic Gold...

I'm getting choked up just typing this. Can't wait to see it in a couple of hours time. Congratulations to Alex!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    We were lucky enough to be in the Stadium last night to see David Weir win and Oscar Pistorius lose amongst many other amazing performances, incredible crowds and atmosphere. All venues were full to capacity and loads of others just soaking up the atmosphere and watching on the big screens.
    Lucky you! What an experience! I have been so impressed with the crowds. They are so supportive. Thank you for sharing this--I am so happy to hear this

Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Also check Sportsnet, they're showing highlights at night.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Aside from the virtually non-existent coverage in the States (would it kill NBCOlympics.com to have a Paralympics site?) I'd agree. Over the past few years I've gotten to know a number of people involved with the rowing program and 2008 was the first year it was included in the Paralympics. One of the women had competed in multiple Games for Track/Field and said the level of interest in Beijing was unlike anything she'd ever seen and the Games weren't an afterthought as they had been back in the early 90s. It seems like the movement has continued to gain momentum which is great to see.
    cool! Having a personal connection to the Games must make watching them that much more special. It is wonderful to hear that some of the athletes perceive increased interest in the Games. thanks for sharing

AragornElessar, I hope things went well at the clinic and you are feeling better!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast