Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Won't last, but Ireland Top 10!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Discovered tonight's coverage was on Sportsnet One, and I'm guessing that's where it was last night too, at 11pm EST. Yet another channel that's only available on digital service/dish and not every Canadian has access to. So the Broadcasters have a "legitimate" reason to say the ratings aren't very high for any Paralympic coverage in Canada when asked about it.

Anyway...

Congratulations to Michelle Stillwell for not only defending her Gold Medal and Paralympic Championship, but also setting a brand new Paralympic Record in doing it to boot!!

Also Yay on our Silver Medal in the Pool today. I've never seen completely blind swimmers compete before and it took a couple races to get used to the "spotters"(?) w/their poles w/the little ball on them, tapping the swimmers w/less than a metre to go, so they know the wall's coming up and soon. Pretty neat idea and those spotters have got to be pretty good at judging the stroke of the swimmer in order to gauge when to give them that tap too.

Also saw a little bit of the 5 on 5 Football for Blind/Visually Impaired and that one goal Argentina got in their match against Iran? WOW!! What a beauty that thing was.

I also saw a bit of Goalball for the first time the other night and was really entertained. Wish we got better coverage in order to see a full game, as it looked amazing, instead of three games squeezed into a five minute package.

And Congrats to Ireland on their Super Saturday!!! Saw the win in the Men's 100 metres for Visually Impaired runners and Holy Crap what an awesome start he got!! Just so very impressive.

vCash
    AragornElessar, given our sh*t television coverage of these Games, you might be better off checking out the live streams SHARPIE and gingercrush posted. I also posted links to the CTV and RDS streams. This page has info and schedules of some of the coverage available to you:

http://www.paralympic.ca/en/London-2...-Coverage.html

And yes, congrats Ireland on your super Saturday! What a terrific performance from your athletes!

Can we also get some recognition for the Nigerian team, too? They are currently in 7th on the medal table. They have more recently built up their paralympic sports teams, ranking in 2004 after not having ranked in the Games prior to those. I hope they are able to maintain a top 10 standing.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Another emotional Brit Teen wins 200M swimming- S14- Learning Difficulties

Jessica Jane Applegate, such a gorgeous looking girl with beautiful eyes too!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Another emotional Brit Teen wins 200M swimming- S14- Learning Difficulties

Jessica Jane Applegate, such a gorgeous looking girl with beautiful eyes too!
    what a special moment in front of a very enthusiastic crowd These teens are amazing!

What makes this even more special is that a lot of athletes with intellectual disabilities did not even think they would be competing here. The category has just been re-added after a 12 year absence (due to the scandal at the 2000 Games).

vCash
    Yay two Golds and two bronzes today for New Zealand. Also both Golds were in record times. Yay. Also not paralympics but Andrew Nicholson won the Burghley Horse Trials.

That moves us into the top ten.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Wow Pistorious beaten by Oliveria of Brazil in the 200m - He closed in like crazy at the end!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Ooo he's wuz robbing, saying that the Brazilians leg blades are so much longer than his and therefore putting him at an unfair advantage :
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Ooo he's wuz robbing, saying that the Brazilians leg blades are so much longer than his and therefore putting him at an unfair advantage :
    If they are too long why didn't he complain prior to the final? OK - they are interviewing the Brazilian and he says it's all rubbish!!! Wonder if Oscar and the South Africans will complain?

vCash
    Way to go Dave Weir - that was so exciting to watch He raced that race so well!!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Way to go Dave Weir - that was so exciting to watch He raced that race so well!!
    It was amazing like watching Mo Farrah all over again!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Oh the irony.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Anyone else google medallists names to see what their disability is and how they got it? Or is it just me
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    Wow Pistorious beaten by Oliveria of Brazil in the 200m - He closed in like crazy at the end!
    Ooh, and I missed that
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Just shared this in the Royalty thread and it also deserves to be posted here too...

Daily Mail ~ The Magnificent Seven for golden GB: Kate cheers them on... and then gives our discus hero his medal

Lovely to see Lady Louise out and about at these Games.

Quite the Sunday for Team GB!! Congratulations!!

For Canadians, the package is on Sportsnet One tonight at 10pm EST.

Bournekraatzfan, you can only use live streaming if you have the connection to handle it. I'm in the middle of nowhere Rural Canada and still stuck in Dial Up Hell, so...

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Cant believe the crowds here, seems the same sort of support that were at the Olympics
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Oooo! Dancing Horsies!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Oooo! Dancing Horsies!
    You do love the dancing horsies don't you.

Thought of you last night when I was watching that last leg programme and Jimmy Carr was making snatch jokes.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    You do love the dancing horsies don't you.

Thought of you last night when I was watching that last leg programme and Jimmy Carr was making snatch jokes.
    What's not to love about dancing horsies?

LOL I saw that too
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast