Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    whom will they go to then? Igor?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    [URL="http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2012-08-30/8_1/?view=page"]'
    EV: If you decided upon everything in advance, why were Takahashi's programmes choreographed by Camerlengo and Myamoto?
    NM: We decided I'll choreograph his Olympic season programmes.
    noooooooooooooooooo!

vCash
    ah, and btw - Free Elena! (and Nikita)

vCash
    Morozov's interviews never disappoint me, in the aspect of entertaining.

vCash
    Morozov is totally my type of man...hmm...

But I thought Takahashi wasn't using Carmalengo this year.
    And I'm even more convinced that Nikita did comtemplate about escaping to Jana Khorklova at some point.
    Overall Morozov is all about efficiency, not one step too much, but he's at least smart enough to not give away points. Let's be honest, V/T just isn't as light on ice as the other top pairs, lacking a bit in the skating skills department. Morozov simply made it look like it was choreographic fault. Same goes to Leonova and Miki. I actually really liked Amodio's LP last season.

vCash
    The PCS of Voronov has a lot to do with Morozov. Dressed like a soccer ball in the SP and doing Pagliacci for the LP - he can be doing better stuff for him. Voronov was getting his jumps back in order but the PCS which could be improved by better packaging can be improved by Morozov.

I/K did manage to win a SD at a GP event and maybe if they had done a good FD and stayed in first place could have won a GP last season. They are close to possibly winning a GP event and making it closer to a GPF. They can't have that frequent thing happen where at the end of a FD all their elements become level 1 and 2! If they are not designed well enough that is Morozov's fault and if it they are not trained enough to keep at level 4 that is I/K's fault more than Morozov- it's a mixture. There can be excuses in dropping like a stone in FD's!

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    It amazes me that skaters want to work with this egomaniac. He sounds like he has very little respect for many of the people who keep him employed.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    It amazes me that skaters want to work with this egomaniac. He sounds like he has very little respect for many of the people who keep him employed.
    Because they like to win and his programs score points. I think he hit the nail absolutely on the head comparing some of the NA skaters goals/work ethic with the Russians. Those Russian skaters who are ambitious (and aren't Mishin's students) go to him because the programs score points.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    N
    -I agree that the Russian skaters should do a better job learning the system (only Trankov seems to really get it), but I thought it was funny that he appreciates when the skaters come with their own ideas.... that's great and all, but isn't it his job?
    He described how important he thinks it is for skaters to be self-motivated work on their own, instead of accepting a salary. Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.

Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Pushkash is in a relationship with Kovtun. No worries here. She knows how "hard" feels like
    Wasn't Ilinykh in a relationship with Katsapalov?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    He described how important he thinks it is for skaters to be self-motivated work on their own, instead of accepting a salary. Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.
    I definitely wasn't trying to say that he should ignore the ideas of the skaters who have them. My feeling is that if skaters take it upon themselves to study the system and have ideas about programs, the coach should take it as a gift, but Morozov is implying that it his expectation. IMO, if presented with a blank slate who doesn't bother to learn the system, then it is his responsibility to find ways to create level 4 spins, increase GOE, and do everything else he mentioned, rather than diss the skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards
    I/K did manage to win a SD at a GP event and maybe if they had done a good FD and stayed in first place could have won a GP last season. They are close to possibly winning a GP event and making it closer to a GPF. They can't have that frequent thing happen where at the end of a FD all their elements become level 1 and 2! If they are not designed well enough that is Morozov's fault and if it they are not trained enough to keep at level 4 that is I/K's fault more than Morozov- it's a mixture. There can be excuses in dropping like a stone in FD's!
    The judges really like I&K a lot. Top 3 is possible for them, but unlikely. I also remember when they won the SD at NHK over W&P (eventual 4th at Worlds) and Shibs (then-reigning world bronze medallists). They made their usual mistakes in the FD and dropped to 3rd, then finished 4th at TEB... but the potential was there. They could've skated clean and won that event, they could've made GPF, etc. When they skate cleanly, the judges go with them. As the 5th ranked team in the world, they should absolutely be aiming for 3rd at this point. If B&S are capable of beating P&B in the SD at Euros, then I&K could too. There are opportunities there, they just need to work really hard and have great programs (which is why I don't think it will happen, lol).

vCash
    Oh gawd what a man

He wouldn't have needed to tell that Miki asked him to coach her, but I guess he just wanted to sort of brag and tell the world who has the last word.

And what about Amodio? It's a terrible excuse that he didn't pay attention to the music because focusing on his technique was more important.

And he is dating Ilinykh but threatening to leave her if she doesn't success.

And coaching Takahashi but saying that Plushenko will win the Olympic Gold anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Oh gawd what a man

He wouldn't have needed to tell that Miki asked him to coach her, but I guess he just wanted to sort of brag and tell the world who has the last word.

And what about Amodio? It's a terrible excuse that he didn't pay attention to the music because focusing on his technique was more important.

And he is dating Ilinykh but threatening to leave her if she doesn't success.

And coaching Takahashi but saying that Plushenko will win the Olympic Gold anyways.

I think this is a deliberate conspiracy with Morozov coaching Takahashi to fail in the Olympics and for plushy to win

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I definitely wasn't trying to say that he should ignore the ideas of the skaters who have them. My feeling is that if skaters take it upon themselves to study the system and have ideas about programs, the coach should take it as a gift, but Morozov is implying that it his expectation. IMO, if presented with a blank slate who doesn't bother to learn the system, then it is his responsibility to find ways to create level 4 spins, increase GOE, and do everything else he mentioned, rather than diss the skaters.
    I think his point was how motivated those skaters are to find points from every angle, where the Russian skaters he talks about couldn't be arsed. Zhulin brings up the same point when he said in another recent interview -- thanks again to TAHbKA -- that the juniors expect things to be handed to them, and that the coach will make them great. I don't know how many skaters have reached the top with that attitude.

I think he's speaking to the dedication and investment skaters bring to the table, and he's aiming at the systemic issues among Russian skaters. He thinks they're spoiled by the perks, and also thinks that, especially the Men, don't think there's room for them at the top. He may be wrong in his conclusions, or his list might be incomplete, but he's talking about the system, or at least the mind-set that isn't being addressed as well as the athletes. I wish Vaitsekhovskaya had asked him to compare today's Men to a similar situation with the Ladies such a short time ago, when Piseev was ready to dump Russian Ladies over the age of 12 into the trash, even as Leonova started to prove herself.

Even certified technical panel people interpret things differently. Having other perspectives and interpretations can open up his own thinking. Skaters aren't illiterate. I don't know why coaches can't learn from their athletes: it is a constant in the narrative of the best coaches in many fields how much they learn from their students.

He's not just sitting back and letting his students do all the CoP work: he's done the homework himself. He's also learned how to game PCS based on the past and consistent behavior of the judges in scoring them.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 08-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Vaitsekhovskaya cleared up the I/K's part in her blog. She says Nikolai isn't gonna drop them if they won't medal. He just wants to them really fight for the third place.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Why is it his job to ignore the things his skaters come up with and in which they are invested and impose something of his own on them? Boilerplate "You will do exactly as I say" didn't work with Trankov, who was miserable with almost all of Vasiliev's Lego-like programs and coaching style.
    I think Morozov may have picked this up from TAT. Remember, one of the issues Yagudin had with Mishin was that it was a "do as I tell you" with no input from the student. TAT took a different approach with Yagudin and as a result, the performance got better.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    NM: There were no conflicts. Just financial disagreements. I took Daisuke when he was a no one. He even lived in my house for a while at the beginning. But once he started to deliver he was surrounded by some unknown people who signed the contracts with him and were earning money. As a coach I was offended. Now we signed all the financial agreements.
    Daisuke’s success is all due to Morozov? Give Daisuke a break. Without talent and hard work, Daisuke wouldn’t be a success.

NM: Why not? I think that part of his success is in the Canadian Skating Federation work. The Canadians always talk to the judges during the competition, create some `common knowledge', show, explain, tell what is in the fashion, what should be paid attention to...
    Sour grapes. The other Federations don’t talk? Didn’t the marks for quads increase after Plushenko lost the gold in 2010?

NM: I think working with the girls is the hardest.
    Oh yah….

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Pushkash is in a relationship with Kovtun. No worries here. She knows how "hard" feels like
    nope, not anymore.
    Oh Morozov...

Run, Ekaterina, RUN!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knigolubka View Post
    Vaitsekhovskaya cleared up the I/K's part in her blog. She says Nikolai isn't gonna drop them if they won't medal. He just wants to them really fight for the third place.
    Pity I wanted them to have new coaches

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Morozov is such a douchebag. Just read on Kovtuns sprashivai.ru that Maxim greeted Whorozov at the test skates but the idiot didn't react or greet back. I just hope Kovtun improves a lot under the guidance of Vodorezova and kicks Morozovs skaters butts.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Morozov is such a douchebag. Just read on Kovtuns sprashivai.ru that Maxim greeted Whorozov at the test skates but the idiot didn't react or greet back. I just hope Kovtun improves a lot under the guidance of Vodorezova and kicks Morozovs skaters butts.
    why Ioutta !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast