Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have narrow feet - AAA heel and AA ball and we were able to heat mold my edea concertos.

    I just switched from Harlick 2 weeks ago and let me tell you, these skates are magical. I am an adult skater (34) who skated as a child and had 2 triple jumps, now I am getting all of my doubles back and on the 2nd day that I was in my edeas my double loops felt flawless. You need to find someone that is used to fitting edea skates in order to get them molded like that - the coach who did mine put them in a box with a hole cut out and put a hair dryer in there. They sat enclosed for about 10 minutes. After that she took them out and squeezed the heel area together. I then put the skates on and tightened them as hard as possible.. then walked around a bit and let them cool down. They've been perfect since I got them.

    The material they use is not leather which is why it heat molds so easily - carbon fiber practically melts in your hand when heat is applied so when those hot boots were taken out of the box they took the shape of whatever we wanted to do to them. The inside is a memory foam like tempurpedic - all it needs is your body heat and it forms to your feet.

    I feel like I'm skating on air. I've been a harlick skater all my life and I still hold a special place in my heart for them, but these skates are something else.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8812
    I used to have Edea and they did not go with me. It was when I was complete beginner, and the boots were just beginner boots (I think Edea Overture). I often had cramps in my feet and had to sit down every half an hour to take them off for a few minutes (now I know that it was because they were too narrow - it cut my blood flow). Things got slowly better (after about a year I could wear them for 2 hours without having to take them off), but I grew a huge bunions. Now I have custom made Klingbeil to accommodate the bunions and regret that I didn't dump the Edea boots earlier. But I was not experienced and I thought that boots are supposed to hurt a bit - I mean, so many people on the forum complains about their boots...

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6
    My daughter wears the Edea Ice Fly. The balls of her feet are very wide and her heels are very narrow. She has had problems with other boots slipping in the heel. They are able to widen the toe box and pull in the Achilles Tendon and lower heel so they don't slip. She ends up with a perfect fit.

    Additionally, there is no break in time at all. She will do a Novice long program on day one in a new pair of boots.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Posts
    20,095
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by babbyrabbit View Post
    We have quite a few people at our rinks giving a try to the Italian skates.

    Any feedback? Lovers or haters out there??
    I prefer them much more to Risport boots.

    Much more comfortable and there's no break-in time. I remember being shocked at having no blisters at all when I started skating. Love them.

    They are also really light.

    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I used to have Edea and they did not go with me. It was when I was complete beginner, and the boots were just beginner boots (I think Edea Overture). I often had cramps in my feet and had to sit down every half an hour to take them off for a few minutes (now I know that it was because they were too narrow - it cut my blood flow). Things got slowly better (after about a year I could wear them for 2 hours without having to take them off), but I grew a huge bunions. Now I have custom made Klingbeil to accommodate the bunions and regret that I didn't dump the Edea boots earlier. But I was not experienced and I thought that boots are supposed to hurt a bit - I mean, so many people on the forum complains about their boots...
    Do you have very wide feet? Maybe it would have helped you, if you had got them heat moulded at the beginning. Is it hard to find a store that heat moulds boots in the UK?
    Last edited by Ziggy; 09-17-2012 at 01:29 AM.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    The material they use is not leather which is why it heat molds so easily - carbon fiber practically melts in your hand when heat is applied so when those hot boots were taken out of the box they took the shape of whatever we wanted to do to them. The inside is a memory foam like tempurpedic - all it needs is your body heat and it forms to your feet.
    Do your feet get hot in them when you skate for awhile? Do they ever feel loose when you're in a warm rink or you've been skating hard and your feet heat up?


    Quote Originally Posted by gr8sk8101 View Post
    MThey are able to widen the toe box and pull in the Achilles Tendon and lower heel so they don't slip.
    Who is it who does this? Edea? Or a regular skate shop?
    How long does a pair of Edeas last her? And how many hours a week does she skate?

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Age
    19
    Posts
    200
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    Actually I've heard from many skaters who have very nallow feet (AAA-AAAAA) that the Edeas didn't work for them at all.
    The skates I had before Edeas were either AA/AAA or AAA/AAAA, and Edeas worked fine for me.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,369
    vCash
    532
    Rep Power
    8812
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

    Do you have very wide feet? Maybe it would have helped you, if you had got them heat moulded at the beginning. Is it hard to find a store that heat moulds boots in the UK?
    My feet are quite wide in the toe area and have very narrow heel. I think the toe area was not fitting well and that's why the foot was very squeezed - the joint under my little toe is now permanently bigger (they made me grow extra bone on that joint).

    I am not even sure if the boots were heat mouldable - they were the completely beginners boots, the ones that come with blade attached (blade Mark IV). I think heat moulding might help a little bit (if they were mouldable at all) but it wouldn't completely sort the problem anyway. I don't think you can completely change the width of the boot by heat moulding. I would get a tiny bit of extra space, but I don't think I would get as much as I needed.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    14
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6
    Who is it who does this? Edea? Or a regular skate shop?

    How long does a pair of Edeas last her? And how many hours a week does she skate?

    I believe any skate shop with experience with Edeas can do it. We typically buy them at competitions from Skates US. Their fitters are very good on site and are able to fit them and mold them on the spot. If they need some minor changes, it can be done right there. I have also sent them back before to have the achilles brought in a bit more.

    My daughter skates 20+ hours per week and she gets between 6 -9 months out of a pair. She is on the smaller side so we have not had the bending problem in the ankle.

    I hope this helps!

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8sk8101 View Post
    Who is it who does this? Edea? Or a regular skate shop?

    How long does a pair of Edeas last her? And how many hours a week does she skate?

    I believe any skate shop with experience with Edeas can do it. We typically buy them at competitions from Skates US. Their fitters are very good on site and are able to fit them and mold them on the spot. If they need some minor changes, it can be done right there. I have also sent them back before to have the achilles brought in a bit more.

    My daughter skates 20+ hours per week and she gets between 6 -9 months out of a pair. She is on the smaller side so we have not had the bending problem in the ankle.

    I hope this helps!
    Very informative, thank you!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe
    Do your feet get hot in them when you skate for awhile? Do they ever feel loose when you're in a warm rink or you've been skating hard and your feet heat up?

    They don't seem to feel any hotter than my harlicks. They do feel loose but that's because of the way you lace them at the top. They're not supposed to be tight at the top. The ankles stay firmly in the boot but the tongue is supposed to bend easily. I couldn't believe the whole tying it loose at the top until I tried it. I've always tied my boots very tight at the hooks and it felt strange for a day or so but I got used to it pretty fast.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    They don't seem to feel any hotter than my harlicks. They do feel loose but that's because of the way you lace them at the top. They're not supposed to be tight at the top. The ankles stay firmly in the boot but the tongue is supposed to bend easily. I couldn't believe the whole tying it loose at the top until I tried it. I've always tied my boots very tight at the hooks and it felt strange for a day or so but I got used to it pretty fast.
    Interesting, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •