Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Totally unrelated, but is there a way to search this forum? I just wanted to see if there was any information on synthetic ice in here anywhere.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztirffritz View Post
    Totally unrelated, but is there a way to search this forum? I just wanted to see if there was any information on synthetic ice in here anywhere.
    The search function is only open to subscribers - sorry.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztirffritz View Post
    What were you wanting to know about synthetic ice? We have had discussions about it in in the past along the lines of how is it to skate on and also the damage it does to blades.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    What were you wanting to know about synthetic ice? We have had discussions about it in in the past along the lines of how is it to skate on and also the damage it does to blades.
    I was just curious what other people have thought of the experience of skating on it. I actually purchased a synthetic ice skating surface to use as a business, but I'm still looking for a place to install it. I skated on the surface over Memorial Day weekend and was impressed. It isn't ice, but it was pretty darned close. It did wear the blades down quickly though. We bought a skate sharpener because we knew we would need to resharpen blades frequently.

vCash
    As an update, our compressor is RUNNING! A local business offered free wire to us and an electrician offered his time to pull the wire. Unfortunately, the wire was not to code, so the electrician wouldn't use it. He decided to donate the correct wire to us instead so that we could still open on time. So the community has pulled together. We're working on repairing cooling lines that the thieves damaged now so that we can start putting down ice this week. Thanks again to everyone for their positive thoughts and $$$. It helped enormously.

vCash
    Congratulations!!!
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    FANTASTIC!!

I hope that the scoundrels who stole the wire are found and you can "open up a can of "

It's wonderful to see people pull together and do the right thing. I'm glad to hear it's up and running.

My best wishes to your skaters/players in the upcoming winter sports season!
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Wonderful news!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12